Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Run your 4L80E swap on a 4L60e tune with no segment swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2011, 07:56 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Parish should be rich by now, IMO he pioneered running turbo's on our trucks and how to push them hard. How many questions do you think he has answered and problems has he helped fix when nobody else really knew?

And on a side note, if you are going to be a sponsor on this site, it's probably not smart from a business standpoint to step on so many toes when you are trying to sell a product. This is definitely no the first time your stubborn, know-it-all comments have been handed out here. Not the best form of advertisement...
Old 08-17-2011, 09:12 PM
Staging Lane

i thought that what forums where originally for to help others.

now you want people to pay for info. pretty lame
Old 08-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Gingervitis Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joeyc125
Parish should be rich by now, IMO he pioneered running turbo's on our trucks and how to push them hard. How many questions do you think he has answered and problems has he helped fix when nobody else really knew?
I'm sure there's plenty of things Parish keeps to himself.

Also, Madman sells his suspension setup advice, and I know its more than $20. Many custom cam grinders charge $35 or more for them to spec a custom cam. We could go on forever.
Old 08-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Gingervitis Addict

Originally Posted by Zachsb3
i thought that what forums where originally for to help others.

now you want people to pay for info. pretty lame

I give plenty of help (free). I get daily PMs about people asking 4L80E questions.

This is meant for the special market of PCMs that can't run 4L80Es natively. Also, no need to buy a "conversion harness" or an ISS harness. Don't like it? Don't buy it from me. Plenty of people don't. Stick to the normal method of PCM mods, segment swaps, and adding the ISS harness. It works just fine, no issues with it.
Old 08-17-2011, 10:12 PM
Un-Registered User

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

This is retarded!!!!!! Good job on figuring this out. Don't forget to pay your taxes on said "information" lol! You can help get the country out of debt with the millions in royalties..... I hope this don't set a standard for others to start charging for info. As stated before this place would be a ghost town. Everyone wants a piece of the pie.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:42 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Actually I'm more irritated with jakes performance and his attitude about somebody else's situation. Seems like he's going out of his way to make enemies around here. If slow67 wants to charge, that's another issue. Remember Jake, the Internet is a funny place, a thousand satisfied customers has less weight than one unhappy one a when it comes to your reputation. I don't see any other sponsors on here go out of their way to clog up peoples threads like you have here, and smokeshow's trans thread with negativity. Not a good business strategy for an online market.
Old 08-18-2011, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by slow67
Also, Madman sells his suspension setup advice, and I know its more than $20. Many custom cam grinders charge $35 or more for them to spec a custom cam. We could go on forever.
Suspension varies for different setups depending on what the person wants to do with the vehicle.

Custom cam grinds vary from engine to engine depending on the setup as well.

Your instructions show how to wire up a relay.
Old 08-18-2011, 07:25 PM
FormerVendor

Let's put it this way,
this may be an "online market" but my product speaks for itself, and those who buy it are dealing with serious combos. At this time my only competitor is Rossler, and I sell transbrakes frequently to people who have used Rossler's.

If someone want's a serious 4L80E that works, they'll call me whether they like me or not.

You don't necessarily have to like the vendors personality. I do business with some real ******** to get good product.

That aside,
I don't mince words. I've been around the world and done things most people can't imagine. When I see a wrong being commited, I'm not going to hold my tongue to prevent offending ANYONE, not even a potential customer. I'd rather go out of business than sell my soul, any potential customer that doesn't understand that isn't a customer I need or want.

Last edited by Jake's Performance; 03-23-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is the lockup clutch issue annoying because of the higher stalls? Is it something that is noticeable with stock converter?
Old 08-20-2011, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

It's only very minimally noticeable with the stock stall. With my 3600 it was very noticeable, especially when you went down a hill and then immediately transitioned to going up a hill.

Quick Reply: Run your 4L80E swap on a 4L60e tune with no segment swap