Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Run your 4L80E swap on a 4L60e tune with no segment swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 03:59 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Easy way is to just put the converter min duty cycle to something high like 98%
Old 08-11-2011, 08:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake's Performance
The originator of this information went to a great deal of effort to not only figure out how to do this by researching the different control strategies of the different transmissions but also to write up a nice seet of instructions.

I know this because the idea was his but the use of a relay to accomplish it was my suggestion.

He has passed this information out for a minimal fee to anyone, and I have given the information to my customers, and paid him a royalty fee for it's use.

To blatantly steal the instructions and post them online as has been done here, and to not even give credit as was done originally is stealing someone's intellectual property.

I did not steal. I paid him for the instructions so I feel that i can do as I wish with it.

I'm sure everyone that reads this is thankful to him for his effort. Others have done the same thing before him just never made a nice set of instructions like he did.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:01 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake's Performance
The originator of this information went to a great deal of effort to not only figure out how to do this by researching the different control strategies of the different transmissions but also to write up a nice seet of instructions.

I know this because the idea was his but the use of a relay to accomplish it was my suggestion.

He has passed this information out for a minimal fee to anyone, and I have given the information to my customers, and paid him a royalty fee for it's use.

To blatantly steal the instructions and post them online as has been done here, and to not even give credit as was done originally is stealing someone's intellectual property.
well looks like he did offer it to the public and since he did it became public record. I would understand his frustration, but it was a bad move if he wanted to make money off of it.

Last edited by marlboroman71818; 08-11-2011 at 10:11 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:09 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

Stealing implies claiming ownership of said intellectual property....that, he does NOT do. With no copyright it falls under the freedom of information act and is available for everyone's use.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Jake, you act like you and slow67 came up with this method all on your own when this is not the case. I found this thread that was posted 9 months before slow67 posted the information on ls1tech and you commented in it. Sounds like you stole "intellectual property" from Stanley H and are trying to profit from it. Did you pay Stanley H a royalty fee as well?

Intresting 4L60E To 4L80E Swap

I am not getting anything out of posting this thread, just wanted to pass on some good info.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:56 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by marlboroman71818
well looks like he did offer it to the public and since he did it became public record. I would understand his frustration, but it was a bad move if he wanted to make money off of it.
Originally Posted by smokeshow
Stealing implies claiming ownership of said intellectual property....that, he does NOT do. With no copyright it falls under the freedom of information act and is available for everyone's use.
Read this ^^^^

NOW, No more Debate on whos stealing what.

If more must be said, send it PM. I see no theft here whatsoever.

I appreciate the fact the the OP was trying to help the fellow members here on PTnet, not take credit for someone elese idea that was posted public.

Now back to discussion.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:37 PM
Gingervitis Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jake helped me come up with parts of it, so he owes me nothing. I also give it to Jake's customers if they buy a 4L80E, since he has gone out of his way to help me a lot in the past. Part of the $20 was for my initial trials and errors. The rest of it was for helping those who have problems......which now I won't do.....my time isn't free. Like Jake said, its one thing to post up the information, its another to post up screenshots my exact directions I wrote up.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:06 PM
Launching!

Since when did we start charging to help other board members, I thought that was the whole point of the forum. Who hasn't sat down and troubleshooted something spending their time and money.

I would never think twice to help another member with an issues they have if I already came across it and found a solution whether it be on the forum or through my own research.

What a joke
Old 08-12-2011, 04:13 PM
Gingervitis Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aaronmc
Since when did we start charging to help other board members, I thought that was the whole point of the forum. Who hasn't sat down and troubleshooted something spending their time and money.

I would never think twice to help another member with an issues they have if I already came across it and found a solution whether it be on the forum or through my own research.

What a joke
If you only knew how many hours I've spent on the phone .......some people just have no idea how to troubleshoot. Even some tuners had no idea. Yes I help people on internet forums.... but I'm a lot more careful on who I give out my personal cell number to.

And yes I'll still help people on internet forums for free.....just not this subject.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:31 PM
Import Moderator

Don't like it? Don't post it on the internet

Everybody is grateful for your time and effort but this place would be a ghost town if everyone decided to charge money for every mod they discovered

Quick Reply: Run your 4L80E swap on a 4L60e tune with no segment swap