Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Run your 4L80E swap on a 4L60e tune with no segment swap

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 06:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have recently completed this mod and it does work and perfectly at that. I wired everything correctly but was having issues even after making corrections of the codes mentioned. Newer pcm does require more attention I learned that through trial an error. Slow67 was a big help to me. He help me trouble shoot my problem. He helped me understand how it works rather then just wiring something and hoping for the best. I'm not here to take anything away from anyone but I will help someone in need as I was without my truck for to long time and know what its like to be without my dd. I couldn't find great info on which yoke to use on my single cab for the bolt on style outputshaft either and I machined the bolt on yoke to work as a slip yoke as well.. truck has be running great for a good while with absolutly no issues.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Import Moderator

Originally Posted by Jake's Performance
It wasn't posted on the internet.
Don't get technical, if it was made available on the internet w/o a copyright its available to the internet

Originally Posted by Jake's Performance
For some reason modern society thinks everything on the internet should be free and the respect for others property has been forgotten.

It's called HONOR.

I see even the board moderators here are lacking it. I'll bring that up to IB when it comes time to renew my sponsorship of any of their forums
you crack me up dude.

His discovery (though tremendously helpful) is nothing different than any of the other write ups that are scattered across this forum for free. You think the first guy who did a 4.3 to 6.0 swap, or a 60E to T56 swap, or a 10 bolt to 14 bolt swap didn't have money and time in to their project? Maybe they should have started hitting people up for money to help pay for their project lol.

There are pioneers for everything that has been done on this site and not only did they take the time to share the information (FOR FREE) in their write ups but I am sure they have answered the same questions god only knows how many times from someone who didn't understand their instructions or someone who is just to damn lazy to even read.

There are guys on here and many other forums who will look up part numbers all day long to anything you could possibly think of for your vehicle, at no cost.

Hmm I wonder if Roger collected any royalties for this?

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...-4l80e-424904/

How much do you think Todd made off of this?

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...thread-381877/

I wonder how much he was charging each person?

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...riteup-465556/

I can do this all day man...

Fact of the matter is you can give your honor speech all you want, but at the end of the day its just taking advantage of your fellow enthusiasts when you look around the rest of the board at guys doing things for the first time and recording everything step by step and photographing everything as they go along to help someone else out for the price of a thank you.
Old 08-13-2011, 01:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by beastmode
Don't get technical, if it was made available on the internet w/o a copyright its available to the internet

you crack me up dude.

His discovery (though tremendously helpful) is nothing different than any of the other write ups that are scattered across this forum for free. You think the first guy who did a 4.3 to 6.0 swap, or a 60E to T56 swap, or a 10 bolt to 14 bolt swap didn't have money and time in to their project? Maybe they should have started hitting people up for money to help pay for their project lol.

There are pioneers for everything that has been done on this site and not only did they take the time to share the information (FOR FREE) in their write ups but I am sure they have answered the same questions god only knows how many times from someone who didn't understand their instructions or someone who is just to damn lazy to even read.

There are guys on here and many other forums who will look up part numbers all day long to anything you could possibly think of for your vehicle, at no cost.

Fact of the matter is you can give your honor speech all you want, but at the end of the day its just taking advantage of your fellow enthusiasts when you look around the rest of the board at guys doing things for the first time and recording everything step by step and photographing everything as they go along to help someone else out for the price of a thank you.
I was going to type out a long winded response but this pretty much sums up everything I was going to say.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:00 PM
TECH Resident

Too bad I'm on my IPhone. But I did do the mod, I got the info from the original poster, but "slow" still wanted to charge for available info.

This is not rocket science!! No many hours should have ever been spent! So a charge is bs I'm sorry.

After knowing electronics and electrical and spending many lab hours learning theories and ****. You mean that was this guys hard work? No.

Please share the info. It's like a needed formula for a calculus problem.

I've been runing it on 60e swap for 1mnth, wired it up laying on my back in 5 mins. Why is this info secret, let it be free knowledge.

Thanks to original poster who shared this to me before starting this thread so I can verify it.
Old 08-13-2011, 06:45 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you paid for these instructions with the intention to re-distribute, thats kinda shitty. If he wants to charge a fee for his time and efforts, then so be it. Do you think Flaco or Pat G would be happy if you paid for a tune for a popular combo and then posted it up for everyone to see without asking them?

If slow said, "sure you can post it" up then that would be different, seems kinda dirty, legal or not in my opinion.

A post with a referral to Slow would have been more appropriate, its his call to charge or not charge for his info and knowledge, not anyone elses. You pay for the service, not for the right to ***** it out.
Old 08-13-2011, 10:36 PM
TECH Resident

I did this for several months when I first put the 4L80E in my 95. I had to change the gear ratio table, shift tables of course, turn off the DTCs for the PWM and 3-2 downshift solenoids and check/change the line pressure tables accordingly. It did work with the relay but being that my PCM was inside I put the relay inside near the PCM and I got tired of hearing it click all the time. On top of that it seemed to produce a slight delay in shifting. It never caused any issues with slippage or anything but it was very lethargic to change gears for some reason. I later discovered the shift solenoid state table and changed it accordingly and was able to do away with the relay and operate the 80E on the otherwise stock 4L60E code and have been doing so for a few years now without issues. If there is a way to do this with EFI live I would highly recommend inverting it with the tune and not with the relay.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rhino79
A post with a referral to Slow would have been more appropriate, its his call to charge or not charge for his info and knowledge, not anyone elses. You pay for the service, not for the right to ***** it out.
Thats like saying if you go to college and learn something and then teach that to someone else its dirty of you. Since you paid the college to teach you.

The OP paid for the info, and chose to give it to others for free. Thats all.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:01 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1989k1500
Thats like saying if you go to college and learn something and then teach that to someone else its dirty of you. Since you paid the college to teach you.

The OP paid for the info, and chose to give it to others for free. Thats all.
Why didn't he ask the guy if he could post it up for everyone? Because he knew it was wrong to do, period.
Old 08-14-2011, 08:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by beastmode

you crack me up dude.

Thanks for taking the time to type what I didnt have the patience for. This is the first individual I have personally seen on this forum that has tried to profit from other members through his intellectual findings/research. For that he is surely a pioneer in my book. It would be one thing if he had developed a physical product that could be manufactured and sold such as the x-link, but in this situation I just don't understand what he really expected to happen. Obviously he didnt think it through, as displayed through his original post and the following withdrawl of information and corresponding price tag. Dont compare this to tuning either, I think we can all agree these issues differ drastically from each other. I think I would have just posted the info up and taken all the appreciation and recognition as a humbling sign of gratitude. Nobody was gonna get rich off this, wouldnt be worth the few hundred bucks a year you might make off of it to me.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:42 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

The only way I could see this being shitty is if someone other than the "inventor" was charging for the same info to make a profit or even get their money back. While it may be shitty, it would be well within the limits of the law being that it was not patented or copyrighted (I think).

How many people have bought tuning books/dvds and passed along the info? That **** is actually copyrighted and as long as it is passed on free of charge its not illegal. Now making copies and selling them is another subject all together.

While some time and money may have been spent coming up with this concept, think about how custom cam grind guys feel. Costs big $$$ to R&D that **** and once one is out the door the cat is out of the bag. Cam Doctor anyone?

Hey, making a living as a proprietor is a bitch but this is America, land of the free. If you've forgotten that you might consider a move to the middle east.

Now Slow, whats the paypal address for the info?

Quick Reply: Run your 4L80E swap on a 4L60e tune with no segment swap