Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Anyone running EFILive COS5?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 10:24 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone running EFILive COS5?

Is anyone running the N2O COS yet? I just talked to Jesse about the additional tables it offers, and it seems like a pretty simple setup that can be switched on the fly. It should be really easy to setup on a vehicle with a wet kit, as you will just really need to change the WOT timing table. Like right now on the Wood Hauler's 408, he sprays a 150 wet shot, at 24* timing. So with the COS, we could bump timing back up to about 27* or 28* on the motor tune, and then hit the activation swtich for the N20 (which wire into red #56 on the PCM) and then timing is back to 24*. I haven't messed with uploading a COS yet but it doesn't seem to be too difficult. If anyone has any input or experience with it, please chime in, cause we'll be doing this tomorrow night.

Thanks, Ryan
Old 10-23-2006, 12:58 PM
Hello Dave

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhino79
Is anyone running the N2O COS yet? I just talked to Jesse about the additional tables it offers, and it seems like a pretty simple setup that can be switched on the fly. It should be really easy to setup on a vehicle with a wet kit, as you will just really need to change the WOT timing table. Like right now on the Wood Hauler's 408, he sprays a 150 wet shot, at 24* timing. So with the COS, we could bump timing back up to about 27* or 28* on the motor tune, and then hit the activation swtich for the N20 (which wire into red #56 on the PCM) and then timing is back to 24*. I haven't messed with uploading a COS yet but it doesn't seem to be too difficult. If anyone has any input or experience with it, please chime in, cause we'll be doing this tomorrow night.

Thanks, Ryan
Running COS3 on my truck and have installed (but not tuned) COS5 on my WS6.
Setup is a snap really.
One of the other benefits of COS5 is the TPS VE multiplier. Will help to smooth out lean spots encountered when running SD mode with rapid throttle transition.
Unfortunately it is only available on 2002 operating systems at this point, or I'd have #5 installed on the truck too.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:03 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Originally Posted by dc_justin
One of the other benefits of COS5 is the TPS VE multiplier. Will help to smooth out lean spots encountered when running SD mode with rapid throttle transition.
GAWD I wish I had this. I used to have that with my 1bar enhanced, I miss it.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:14 PM
Hello Dave

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
GAWD I wish I had this. I used to have that with my 1bar enhanced, I miss it.
Definitely. Now that V2 has been released, maybe they'll have a chance to go back and add it to my OS (and fix the MAF/VE issues in it). I'll run SD constantly if they do.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by dc_justin
Definitely. Now that V2 has been released, maybe they'll have a chance to go back and add it to my OS (and fix the MAF/VE issues in it). I'll run SD constantly if they do.
YA, V2 is out, (ordered mine this morning )but they still got a **** load of work to do to make it fully functional. Most of the cool things it's going to do like BB reading and flashing aren't even in beta yet.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:25 PM
Hello Dave

Originally Posted by kbracing96
YA, V2 is out, (ordered mine this morning )but they still got a **** load of work to do to make it fully functional. Most of the cool things it's going to do like BB reading and flashing aren't even in beta yet.
But stream licensing is. I've been tuning one license at a time and now won't have to worry about that.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

yep Looks like $2500 -applied credits/discounts should get you most all the cars and trucks you play with.

I'm looking into diesel tuning my self. Just need a test subject
Old 10-23-2006, 02:08 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the input guys, setting up the COS was the only thing I was worried about.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:03 PM
Hello Dave

Originally Posted by kbracing96
yep Looks like $2500 -applied credits/discounts should get you most all the cars and trucks you play with.

I'm looking into diesel tuning my self. Just need a test subject
I'm in the same boat there. I've had a few people ask me about it, but they were either heavily modified already or were for the most recent model and not tunable yet.

Fortunately, I've got more than enough individual licenses on my cable to cut the stream license to $1250.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:05 PM
Hello Dave

Originally Posted by Rhino79
Thanks for the input guys, setting up the COS was the only thing I was worried about.
So long as you dont' have any issues performing a calibration only reflash (aka, flash fails in high speed, etc), it should be no big deal.

With my truck, I have an aftermarket stereo with add-on XM radio, and as a result, I have to pull the radio fuse before doing any full flash or else risk killing the PCM.