Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

EFI Live - VE, IPW, and MAF tuning BlackGMC style...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 11:32 AM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
Btw, I am not trying to argue either, just simply stating what I did and what works for me. Like I mentioined up top everyone does things differently, some touch more tables than others and for good reason. Every truck/car is different and different combinations of parts do different things.
Ok, I already typed this whole big thing up and lost it cuz my computer lost connection ( I am sitting by the pool on vacation, Ever feel like a crack addict?) Airflow can be added into the tune for when the fans kick on and the AC kicks on. When at idle the engine is looking at Base running airflow, when either the fans or AC kick on this number is now thrown off due to the change in load. When the Running airflow is changed then so is the AFR. While you are seeing it as a voltage problem there is something causing this to happen. If you add the proper airflow into these sections then this should pretty much go away. Just a FYI, I am running NA currently on a 2barOLSD setup with 72lb injectors and my afr doesnt fluctuate more then .3 going in and out of gear, AC on off, or Fans on off. So I have half the VE resolution and it still stays within .3afr Base Running Airflow is critical to be correct. One pass on P/N and one Pass on Drive wont due it, you must do it a couple times for it to be spot on. As you have most likely found the more you learn about tuning the pickier you will become. At one point I was like hey it runs, now I get annoyed by little stuff in the tune.

Last edited by 03sierraslt; 03-31-2010 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Wanted to emphasize the crack addict part...
Old 03-31-2010, 11:55 AM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I know the settings your talking about and I have played with them, however the added airflow those settings will give won't help the voltage issues since. The voltage issues I was having were due to the massive draw of the fans. I was not experiencing idle dips. I did not have this issue with my previous fans (they were a lot smaller)...

EDIT: I have tuned my Desired airflow tables multiple times and they are good, at least by my standards... In my situation i still don't think it is a problem of load on the engine which airflow would help...

Either way i am not saying your approach is wrong i just choose to do something different.

Last edited by BlackGMC; 03-31-2010 at 12:23 PM.