PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

I hope I'm not late for work!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 06:42 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Richard, now that you live in Huntsville do you live by those "Rocket City Rednecks"? Tell them about our jetpacks ideas!!
Old 09-07-2013, 09:23 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by AUTOT3K;5123723[COLOR="red"
sorry but no, after turning the wheel while moving and letting go and the wheel kinda straightens out thats actually your SAI angle (sterring axis inclination) and positive caster is actually good to have at high speeds, think of the front wheel on a shopping cart (negative caster) and how at a slow walk its wobbling around now look at the front tire of your bike (positive caster) it handles the speed. [/COLOR]
You seem very knowledgeable but I have worked in alignment shops for over 10 years. With three different alignment techs. I also educate myself on things around me such as alignments. Caster is where your return to center come from. SAI is caster.

I can't speak to the positive caster at high speeds because I have focused mostly on SCCA/road corse set up alignments. But I can tell you I don't remember seeing a stock alignment have positive caster speced.
Old 09-16-2013, 10:49 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Checked out the local track this weekend...its a lot nicer than the one im used to. Told them not to show my time and appearently they all thought that was funny in the tower until I launched without a burnout and cut a 1.4x and coasted to a 7.0@100 A couple of the staff came down to tell me when I launched they were all like holy ****!

But this kid next to me in the mustang was saying how he just got his "stock bottom end NA 308 with stock cam and ported heads" back together...figured he was lying but asked if he wanted to run anyway, thought about putting money on it but didnt bother...

Work truck vs Mustang - YouTube

Thats the loudest non-existent turbo ive ever heard, but I digress...

Also put in a manual boost controller instead of the eboost street. Granted I have it hooked up the most aggressive way possible (turbo feeding top of wastegate and controller on bottom port), but so far I like it a lot better. Trap speed is up 3mph from where I usually go.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Money usually shuts those people up. Good run Richard. How often is that track open?
Old 09-16-2013, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by custm2500
You seem very knowledgeable but I have worked in alignment shops for over 10 years. With three different alignment techs. I also educate myself on things around me such as alignments. Caster is where your return to center come from. SAI is caster.

I can't speak to the positive caster at high speeds because I have focused mostly on SCCA/road corse set up alignments. But I can tell you I don't remember seeing a stock alignment have positive caster speced.
you sounded great till that last line
back to topic though
did that mustang guy mention the placing a bet idea? thatd be pretty greasy if he's going around talking about an N/A engine asking to place bets

Last edited by AUTOT3K; 09-16-2013 at 11:19 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:16 PM
I have a gauge for that

After we ran he found me and said "im glad I didnt put any money on it, i sure wouldve lost $100 tonight". We were just chatting sitting in the lanes waiting for the track light to be fixed or something, he said he just got it together that night. As a side note, thats really my biggest complaint about racing; everyone is so full of **** it kind of takes the fun out of it. Every one acts like they are there to hustle people and not just enjoy the machines they made. /rant

I think they have test and tune every friday...truck was hooking well. A car broke its rear (c-clip axle) and the damn tire rolled halfway down the track

Also saw another grudge car hook so hard it pulled the two fronts and the back right tire...thats was pretty cool.

Last edited by Atomic; 09-16-2013 at 11:21 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:20 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by Atomic
After we ran he found me and said "im glad I didnt put any money on it, i sure wouldve lost $100 tonight". We were just chatting sitting in the lanes waiting for the track light to be fixed or something, he said he just got it together that night. As a side note, thats really my biggest complaint about racing; everyone is so full of **** it kind of takes the fun out of it. Every one acts like they are there to hustle people and not just enjoy the machines they made. /rant

I think they have test and tune every friday...truck was hooking well. A car broke its rear (c-clip axle) and the damn tire rolled halfway down the truck

Also saw another grudge car hook so hard it pulled the two fronts and the back right tire...thats was pretty cool.
1/2 Down the truck...
Old 09-16-2013, 11:21 PM
I have a gauge for that

track*....amazing what 1 letter can do for ya!
Old 09-16-2013, 11:24 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

I will never understand why people lie about their vehicles.
Old 09-16-2013, 11:27 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

they don't say anything about the ladder?

Quick Reply: I hope I'm not late for work!