Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Exhaust for the new 07-08 body

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 01:53 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust for the new 07-08 body

Been looking around for cat-back with no luck.

I have a new Silverado 5.3 ECSB. I take it not many manufacturers have finished their R&D on them yet.

I wanted to run single in dual out to the bumper. I talked to Spintech and they got me on track w/ a muffler #5436 and some oval tips 5" 18" L. I almost ordered them and neither of us were positive about the fit to the bumper.

So I get under the truck with a tape, hardly have any room between the tire,shock,bump stops and the gas tank runs up there in the same area w/ all my brake lines. *(Driver Side)* only.

Anybody got one or have done this please chime in on what you did. Up front the spare is staying under the truck.
Old 05-15-2007, 05:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

magnaflow # 16740 for single 3" catback, i have one coming this week, i'm sure they have a dual t/pipe lit as well,
check tbyrne sponsor on the right, they have lots of stuff
Old 05-15-2007, 11:05 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was checking out Corsa's website the other day and noticed that they offer a dual out the back set-up for the 07's...I know they're expensive but supposedly they're the best.
Old 06-15-2007, 12:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know this thread is kind of old, but I was going to order the GMPP catback from GM. The single in dual rear exit, but found out you have to remove the spare tire in order to do it. I just ordered a Borla dual rear exit catback for my truck. I was told you don't have to remove the spare by the vendor. I could never get ahold of the tech person at borla. I will let you know if it fits when it arrives..

I was going to get one from corsa, but they don't offer one for the RCSB from what I understand.
Old 06-16-2007, 02:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 98UltraZ
I know this thread is kind of old, but I was going to order the GMPP catback from GM. The single in dual rear exit, but found out you have to remove the spare tire in order to do it. I just ordered a Borla dual rear exit catback for my truck. I was told you don't have to remove the spare by the vendor. I could never get ahold of the tech person at borla. I will let you know if it fits when it arrives..

I was going to get one from corsa, but they don't offer one for the RCSB from what I understand.
That's odd, because I understand that Borla makes the GMMP dual exhaust system. I've also been told that the Borla dual system also requires the spare to be removed, while the Corsa dual system does not. Got that info from the vendor I ordered the Corsa system from. He carried both Borla and Corsa. I ended up going with the single system from Corsa, so it did not matter to me. Proof is in the pudding. When you get your system, you'll find out for sure.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mazz
That's odd, because I understand that Borla makes the GMMP dual exhaust system. I've also been told that the Borla dual system also requires the spare to be removed, while the Corsa dual system does not. Got that info from the vendor I ordered the Corsa system from. He carried both Borla and Corsa. I ended up going with the single system from Corsa, so it did not matter to me. Proof is in the pudding. When you get your system, you'll find out for sure.

EDIT: I heard that Corsa makes the exhaust for GMPP. The borla fit fine on my truck allowing me to keep my spare. The person I talked to at Borla said they did not make the exhaust for GMPP.

Last edited by 98UltraZ; 07-11-2007 at 11:42 AM.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I ordered the Borla catback through Tbyrne, and it got here VERY quick. I got it on July 2nd, but I just got back into town this morning.. We installed it today, and it fit perfectly!!!! It was the dual rear exit catback from Borla. I think it took roughly 20 minutes to remove the old exhaust and get the new catback on. It sounds great to!! It doesn't drone on the highway and it is still relatively quiet in the cab until you step on it. The exhaust sounds great in my opinion. It fit great, and I am happy I can keep the spare underneath the truck.

Thanks Tbyrne for the great deal on it!!
Old 07-09-2007, 11:40 PM
On The Tree

post a sound clip please...
Old 07-11-2007, 11:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by StealthSierra
post a sound clip please...

I wish I could, but I don't have the equipment to do it...