Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 06:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hehe, I have no worries
Old 01-23-2012, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well stock for stock the Harley 6.2L I just got out ran my Denali in the 1/8 Denali hit a 9.44 stock and the Harley just did a 9.27 100% stock gonna get a CAI and a tune I've heard that'll put me in mid 8s idk I'll find out after I'm done with the Denali
Old 01-23-2012, 09:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Would you say that was an apples to apples comparo? both 2x4? or AWD???
Old 01-23-2012, 09:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gonzo 6.0
Would you say that was an apples to apples comparo? both 2x4? or AWD???
Both 2wd the Harley feels quicker I was really happy with the outcome but u can feel the management kicking in vs the Denali I had traction problems but I wanna say both vs each other Denali would come out on top in the 1/4 vs the 1/8
Old 01-24-2012, 09:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

all that talk from ford and ford fans..(torture test crap) look up eco boost problems and 5.0 problems...some ford owners are fed up with the stupid problems the eco boost is having.. the only thing i heard bad about the 5.0 is ticking..and all their trans problems... i still rather have my older LS engine over those POS...
Old 01-24-2012, 09:50 AM
Launching!

I am the only chevy guy in my group of friends, they all fancy the blue oval, and i myself put a bowtie emblem with tribal flames on my body to forever say im with chevy. my best friend did the same, but with the oval... when ford came out with their ecoboost and the fight to get rid of the 5.4, my best friend laughed at me and said ford wins again. so... i just told them all its cool, i dont mind being the under dog, because time only tells. Ford's plans are to get the v6 TT to outperform the 5.4 then make it better, then make a 4 cyl that is better than the v6 and replace the 6 with the 4, essentially their goal is every new motor comes with more power and fuel economy and more boost. that was their plan as of 2 years ago. unsure if it is still there, but in my best friends 250 with the 5.4, it doesnt see power until 3k+ and while it has a healthy trans from the factory, they have this issue where reverse gear burns out if your someone that tows. if your backing up heavy trailers a lot, the reverse apply circuit is fairly weak and it burns. All i gotta say is ive played with stock fords in my stock NNBS and i have fun while pulling away. hell last night a jerk in a G35 decides to pass me and cut me off doing 40 almost hitting me then he hit it and i followed, 2 sec. later im next to him staring and oh my god the look on his surprised face was priceless. so perfect that i know i scared him too much and didnt want to stoop to his level so i just slowed down and he wouldnt even look over, he put his left hand high on the steering wheel to block his face. while im sitting in my truck laughing with the biggest smile because damn, this thing pulls something fierce compared to my OBS. I also noticed that fords are not fun with tuning since they have a whole other type of software or something, i forget but i know the bottom line is our trucks are so much easier to play with and add on like you guys said earlier. But, that raptor has a company that makes a nice TT kit that bolts right on. I mean, they get soooo much more room in their trucks' engine bay that they can shove big number makers in. My bottom line is simple, I love Chevy, they may take us on the line, but blue emblems are uglier than a nice golden bowtie. just my 3 cents.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JAVI05
all that talk from ford and ford fans..(torture test crap) look up eco boost problems and 5.0 problems...some ford owners are fed up with the stupid problems the eco boost is having.. the only thing i heard bad about the 5.0 is ticking..and all their trans problems... i still rather have my older LS engine over those POS...
Very true! But look at all the problems we have with the shitty DOD?AFM!

I loathe ford just as much as the next guy, but a direct injected TT v6 in a 1/2ton... That's pretty amazing and i cant wait to see GM's answer to it.

If i was a ford guy WHICH I'M NOT i'd be all over the Eco-boost! i seen with a tune and down pipe you gain 90hp! 2011 Ford EcoBoost F-150 picks up 90rwhp with Fastlane's tuning - YouTube

In the end it's still a v6 and sounds like ****, but turbos spooling can fix that!

I have also found this illustration showing fords engine torque curve
http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/...que_Curves.jpg

I believe these will be our biggest threat once the aftermarket catches up.

like the old saying goes.. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer!
Old 01-24-2012, 01:17 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BrutalSierra
Very true! But look at all the problems we have with the shitty DOD?AFM!

I loathe ford just as much as the next guy, but a direct injected TT v6 in a 1/2ton... That's pretty amazing and i cant wait to see GM's answer to it.

If i was a ford guy WHICH I'M NOT i'd be all over the Eco-boost! i seen with a tune and down pipe you gain 90hp! 2011 Ford EcoBoost F-150 picks up 90rwhp with Fastlane's tuning - YouTube

In the end it's still a v6 and sounds like ****, but turbos spooling can fix that!

I have also found this illustration showing fords engine torque curve
http://www.cleanmpg.com/photos/data/...que_Curves.jpg

I believe these will be our biggest threat once the aftermarket catches up.

like the old saying goes.. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer!
I'm glad they stopped putting AFM on the 6.2s
Old 01-24-2012, 01:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 91Z28
I'm glad they stopped putting AFM on the 6.2s
The trucks never had AFM on the 6.2s, but they recently started putting it on the Yukon Denali/Escalade motors.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:29 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MyLS1Hauls
The trucks never had AFM on the 6.2s, but they recently started putting it on the Yukon Denali/Escalade motors.
You're right, for some reason I was thinking it was there from the start in the Denali/Escalade.

Quick Reply: anyone try on a new furd 6.2 or 3.5 TT