Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

Goodyear Fortera Triple Tred, anyone???

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 10:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodyear Fortera Triple Tred, anyone???

Hey anyone out ther currently using or did use the Goodyear Fortera Triple Tred tire before??? I maybe switching out my 'problem' Wrangler for these...

Great rating on Tirerack and internet but I want the truth from a real truck guy!
Old 07-06-2008, 07:21 PM
Staging Lane

I bought the triple tread to replace the earlier version which were really good. It was winter time and I ended up pulling out all the sandbags on my 2wd (at least with full tread). I would say these are the best stock size tire.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have these tripple treads on my wifes GTP Comp G. They work much better the the goodyears that were on there. I looked at them for my truck when I got the nittos but they did not come w/ a "C" load rating so I skipped them (P metric tires have no business on a truck in my opinion). These tires work great in the rain (all we get in FL). They seem to be wearing pretty well but I only keep tires to about 40 or 50% remaining before I bail out.
Old 07-07-2008, 11:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sgchap3
Hey anyone out there currently using or did use the Goodyear Fortera Triple Tred tire before??? I maybe switching out my 'problem' Wrangler for these...

Great rating on Tirerack and internet but I want the truth from a real truck guy!
I saw their rating, & have wondered the same. I plan to replace my worn Americraps.

Originally Posted by MonteCarlo31
These tires work great in the rain (all we get in FL). They seem to be wearing pretty well but I only keep tires to about 40 or 50% remaining before I bail out.
Wow! I've managed to go to 10% or less on my originals. I don't recommend doing this, especially using worn to this extent & going around corner quickly or applying too much gas off a corner. $ is tight. I really was trying to get to 50k miles. But it was a bit of a struggle in winter on snow & ice. My bro has regular Forterra's on his 02 ECSB & likes em. But I've a heavier foot than him. I think I might try a Triple Tread or a good performace tire that also will handle wet, & snow/ ice. 200 miles to go & I'm @ 50k. I plan on puttin my QA1's after that too. The wait is killing me.
Old 07-07-2008, 12:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fastnblu
I saw their rating, & have wondered the same. I plan to replace my worn Americraps.

Wow! I've managed to go to 10% or less on my originals. I don't recommend doing this, especially using worn to this extent & going around corner quickly or applying too much gas off a corner. $ is tight. I really was trying to get to 50k miles. But it was a bit of a struggle in winter on snow & ice. My bro has regular Forterra's on his 02 ECSB & likes em. But I've a heavier foot than him. I think I might try a Triple Tread or a good performace tire that also will handle wet, & snow/ ice. 200 miles to go & I'm @ 50k. I plan on puttin my QA1's after that too. The wait is killing me.

I hear ya on the $$ but saving 100 bucks or so isn't worth my life or someone elses. You should check out tire racks and many other reviews, tires, once they are past 50% worn, suffer an abrupt drop in performance, one that adds over a truck lenght to stopping distance and worse in the rain/snow. Anyway a nice high traction tire that will last an easy 60 to 80K on your truck would be a Nitto Terra grappler, great in the rain and dry. Nice and sticky. A load range d will handle nicer (stiff side wall compaired to a P metric). I'd be willing to bet if my buddy can get 100K out of a set on his dodge cummins dooley you'd get a easy 80K out of a set on a 1/2 ton reg cab. I've got about 8K on these w/ not much visable wear.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:36 AM
Staging Lane

ltx m/s
Old 07-10-2008, 10:36 PM
Teching In

WHOO HOO New Goodyear Fortera Triple Treds = No wobble! I even got it up over 90 and other then our wonderful PA roads no wobble in the steering wheel at all!!!

They only had to put a few ounces of weights on too compared to the Silent Armor ones...

I'm still going to put the Fabtech stabilizer on (ordered) and probably the rings but I am SERIUOSLY thinking of selling mine now and getting and '09 next month...

SO far these tires are AAA+++ and it's only been 12 hours...
Old 07-10-2008, 11:29 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool deal man, glad you got your shimmy figured out