FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Procharger belt jumped off today

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 04:07 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Procharger belt jumped off today

Hey guys and gals any help would be appreciated. I was recording data logs for zippy he's tuning my truck and my belt jump put it back on and started it and the Roma went to 2500 like the belt was still slipping I assume it's junk so here my question is there a better tensionior than stock I can but for my SSS or aftermarket and I can make it work?? And I was running a Goodyear gator belt o by the way I didn't mention this I'm running a d1sc Procharger with a 3.5 pulley running close to 11 psi any help would be appreciated
Old 09-27-2015, 10:44 AM
Formerly ScreamingL

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i run a 3.2 pulley on mine and havent had belt slip in 20k worth of miles

i have the old bracket setup on the truck but i also have the larger alt that doesnt really need the adjusters on the bracket for the alt

i have all stock idler pulleys and tensioner

i found a belt at napa that was just the right size, it was tight enough that i had to lock the tensioner and i had to walk it onto the crank pulley by rotating the crank over...doing this put my tensioner almost full tight

in 20k worth of miles with a small pulley i have no belt dust or any signs of slip

hope this helps ya
Old 09-27-2015, 09:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

George **** like this is what scares me about a Procharger. I think its an awesome blower but I don't have the time for the bs on a DD. I know you and a few don't have problems but from all the complaints I see over and over most do. Why doesn't PC make a turn key reliable kit like TVS or Whipple without having to modify them? I don't have the knowledge or the time to do that so I'm probably just better off with a heat pump lol. I would sure love a setup with low iats though.
Old 09-27-2015, 10:16 PM
Formerly ScreamingL

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZO6Ted
George **** like this is what scares me about a Procharger. I think its an awesome blower but I don't have the time for the bs on a DD. I know you and a few don't have problems but from all the complaints I see over and over most do. Why doesn't PC make a turn key reliable kit like TVS or Whipple without having to modify them? I don't have the knowledge or the time to do that so I'm probably just better off with a heat pump lol. I would sure love a setup with low iats though.
the PD blowers have it far worse with belt slip, they see it alot more on shifts

most belt slip issues are related to belt size, you need good wrap around the blower pulley but then theres the line if you are too tight you can kill the bearings in the blower

or if crank pulley is changed as well then you have to worry about stress on the thrust bearing or crank snapping, or crank flexing

for the tame setups most of the above stated isnt a issue