FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

New inline fuel system

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 12:01 AM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If anyone is wondering...
we drilled AND tapped the tank for 1/2" NPT and threaded the -10 x 1/2" NPT fittings into the tank using Seal-All as the sealant.

All fittings are Fragola except for the fuel rail adapter which is Russell 640850.

M18 copper gaskets are Dorman 2pk of oil drain plug gaskets. M12's come w/ pumps; however, using only one on the pressure side and tightened down well it still leaked. Put the extra one on that came in the hardware bag and added thread sealant on the threads and it sealed up nicely...not sure if it was the 2nd copper gasket or the sealant that did the trick.

Fuel filters are obviously from Summit...but price matched to Smiley's Racing Products (from $69 down to $49ea).

"Y" is from Smiley's Racing...would've had Summit match that too if I hadn't already bought it...cheapest one I've found...$20

Last edited by Superado; 05-13-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you might run into a problem with pressure creep running them both all the time, that's a ton of fuel for the stock fpr to bypass.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if you had to guess, how thick is the tank where yall drilled it?

That looks like a great idea instead of trying to do a dual intake setup.

but then again if you had to brake hard you could starve them and have a air bubble in the line for a second.
Old 05-11-2012, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only one thing I dont like. When I lost my driveshaft it slammed into and dented pretty good the metal plate where you ran the lines along the fuel tank.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:56 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 454SuperSport
I think you might run into a problem with pressure creep running them both all the time, that's a ton of fuel for the stock fpr to bypass.
We'll see (fingers and toes crossed)...not against installing an aftermarket FPR if this doesn't work.
Originally Posted by nonnieselman
if you had to guess, how thick is the tank where yall drilled it?

That looks like a great idea instead of trying to do a dual intake setup.

but then again if you had to brake hard you could starve them and have a air bubble in the line for a second.
Probaby 1/4" - 3/8"
Originally Posted by phasemaster1
Only one thing I dont like. When I lost my driveshaft it slammed into and dented pretty good the metal plate where you ran the lines along the fuel tank.
Yeah...mine did the exact same thing. DS safety loop in the rear will be installed soon...OR...single DS and a safety loop.

Last edited by Superado; 05-13-2012 at 05:47 PM.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i like how u did this setup. My truck currently sits a lil lower in the rear thus creating issues with fuel starvation when tank is a lil low. Did this fix this issue for u? Im NA setup so i bet it was something to deal with being boosted.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:01 PM
Laid Back

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks good. I put a -8an bulkhead fitting in the rear of my tank. Worked out pretty good.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Did yall just leave the stock in tank bucket for fuel level sender? How did this setup work for being low on fuel? Did it starve any?
Old 05-14-2012, 01:04 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by brandon6.0
i like how u did this setup. My truck currently sits a lil lower in the rear thus creating issues with fuel starvation when tank is a lil low. Did this fix this issue for u? Im NA setup so i bet it was something to deal with being boosted.
Thanks...and yes, it sucked fighting fuel issues!

Originally Posted by Beatdown Z
Looks good. I put a -8an bulkhead fitting in the rear of my tank. Worked out pretty good.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by brandon6.0
Did yall just leave the stock in tank bucket for fuel level sender? How did this setup work for being low on fuel? Did it starve any?
Yes, we just disconnected the power wire before it entered the flange and terminated both wire ends...leaving everything else in tact to keep the level sender operable.
If I ever needed to hook it back up...I could do that pretty easily.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How loud are the pumps mounted outside the tank like that?

Quick Reply: New inline fuel system