FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Which 2 stage Boost Controller to buy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 10:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which 2 stage Boost Controller to buy?

Soon I will have my 5psi level system to its best capabilties. After that is done and track tested I will be going to up the boost to 8-10psi max. Bigger injectors on the list as well as an intercooler set-up, but which 2 stage boost controller are you guys using? STS has one but their site sucks for pics and technical information. Let me know what you are using and how happy you are with it and how hard was the install.
Thanks guys.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:57 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i have the blitz sbcid(plus power meter) or something like that. it was way to expensive but it is prety cool, i think it was around $700 total for both parts.

it has a bazilion features and is easy to use and hook up. best feature is speed based boost. it has up to 4 settings you can dial in at any speed you want. in my case something like 10psi up to 15mph, 12psi to 30mph, 14psi to 60mph and 16+psi from 60mph and up. there aren't too many controlers with speed based boost ability and that is why i got this one
Old 08-03-2005, 11:03 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What did you tap into to get the mph reading? Do you have a web site link for the boost controller?
Old 08-03-2005, 11:11 PM
single digit dreamer

i taped the speed sensor under the truck. it was easy.

here is a link to 1/2 of the unit, there is a "power meter" part you will need to for the speed based boost control. together they were around $700. http://www.velocityfactor.net/script...?idproduct=664
Old 08-03-2005, 11:35 PM
TECH Veteran

$700.00 YIKES!!! A little rich for my blood but a very nice peice!
Parish do you have this mounted where the air bag switch is?
Old 08-03-2005, 11:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Maybe I should ask what should I stay away from instaed of what should I get.
My truck will not advance much past the point in my first post in the thread so what would be too cheesy of a unit and what would be overkill for me?
Thanks again guys.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:07 AM
TECH Addict

Cool

I have the STS Boost Controller because they gave me a good deal on it.

It uses the spring in the wastegate for the base level and you set the upper level with a control valve from an air compressor. From there it goes to a switch valve like the one used for the PCV Control. The switch valve is activated by a switch with an indicator light in the cab installed in a location of your choice. I put mine just below the instrument cluster to the left side of the steering wheel. It is simple and works well enough for my needs. I think it will work up to about 15 PSI and works by applying pressure to the opposite side of the wastegate from the spring. So if you have a base psi of 5 and apply 3 psi with the controller you get an upper level of 8 psi. So the valve must be set to work from 0 to 10 psi. You adjust the upper boost level by crawling under the truck and turning the **** on the air control valve.

TurbosmartUSA makes a full range of boost controllers and I am sure you will find one to suit your purposes and price point. They will alow you to adjust your upper and lower boost levels AFAIK and have an electronic series as well $$$$$.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:08 AM
14 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mort
I have the STS Boost Controller because they gave me a good deal on it.
Same here and works great. I have my regulator by the wheel well so i don't have to crawl under the truck. I'm getting to old for that stuff
Old 08-04-2005, 04:44 PM
TECH Veteran

I think I saw pictures of someones set up a while ago, is this what you guys are talking about? I cant seem to find the adjustable valve pic but I did find the hose routing pic I saved.
Do you guys have any other pics of the STS set-up for boost control?
Attached Thumbnails Which 2 stage Boost Controller to buy?-pic034sm.jpg  
Old 08-04-2005, 05:54 PM
How do I change this text

Originally Posted by TG02Z71
I think I saw pictures of someones set up a while ago, is this what you guys are talking about? I cant seem to find the adjustable valve pic but I did find the hose routing pic I saved.
Do you guys have any other pics of the STS set-up for boost control?

Hey that is my truck lol. Here are a few more pics, and the reg mount pic.

I have the contol valve mounted under the tube crossmember.

Quick Reply: Which 2 stage Boost Controller to buy?