Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

PCMCalibrators offer PCM Servicing and Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 12:51 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PCMCalibrators offer PCM Servicing and Tuning

Our mail order tune pricing starts @ $200 plus return shipping.
This is for bolt-ons, stock vehicles and start up tunes for most combination.

All we need from you is your PCM and a list of your mods, if any. You can leave a check in the box and shipping info.

All pcm's are returned the same day received 99.9% of the time, and overnight shipping is not a problem if necessary.

PCM/ECM Repairs
We offer PCM/ECM repairs. Have a dead or bricked PCM/ECM we can fix that -- $50 for the standard PCM and 2 day turn around & $125 for ECM and up to 5 business days

PCM/ECM Cloning
Need a mirror image of your PCM/ECM in another PCMECM we do that also. Do you have a “Bricked” PCM/ECM and don’t want to purchase additional credits for the new PCM/ECM? This is for you -- $50 for the standard PCM and 2 day turn around & $125 for ECM and up to 5 business days
PCM Unlocking

Do you have a PCM/ECM with a “Lock” on it? We have several ways to unlock these units. We can lift the chip. We have a ribbon cable that attaches to the chip on the board and with our software we can unlock the PCM/ECM. We also have software that will seek out the lock and allow us to unlock them, but this may take several days -- $50 for the standard PCM and 2 day turn around & $125 for ECM and up to 5 business days

We also offer Dual-Flash PCM’s that are professionally built -- Email us for details. Programmer@pcmcalibrators.com

We also have dyno proven customized calibrations for any tire size, differential ratio, exhaust or engine modification. Torque management defeated, VATS defeat, Performance engine and transmission tuning. CAGS removed without need for bypass kits. Trouble code disable for custom street rod applications. Speed density tunes, supercharger calibrations, as well as twin turbo

Please feel free to contact me at caleditor@pcmcalibrators.com if you have any questions

Please fill out this form and send it in with your request
Link was broken so I had to remove the form

Please visit our site
PCM Calibrators

Last edited by CalEditor@PCMCalibrators; 01-25-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:55 PM
FormerVendor

We have been very busy and we are getting behind on a few orders. Thanks everyone for your patience

I will be out for a week this month for CNG training and certification. I will keep everyone updated. I am sure it will make our orders get behind again
Old 10-02-2011, 01:00 PM
FormerVendor

The DUAL-FLASH allows GM GENIII and similar PCMs physically contain two flash chips, allowing the user to switch between two separate calibrations

What is the OmniTuner DUAL-FLASH?

The OmniTuner DUAL-FLASH is a member of the OmniTuner line of products by Digital Inflection Corporation. This device allows you to install two separate flash chips in one Powertrain Control Module. Most GM Generation III applications are supported but when ordering specify which PCM you have so that the DUAL-FLASH has the proper flash chips installed. GM used both 512k and 1 megabyte flash chips in the GEN III PCMs.

The DUAL-FLASH replaces the flash chip that was installed by the factory with two separate OEM flash chips that individually appear to the PCM as a single flash chip when selected. Through the use of a switch of your choice you have the ability to select which one of these flash chips is used by the PCM. You have the ability to switch between flash chips only when the ignition is in the “off” position to prevent accidently switching between flash chips when the car is running.

Possible applications for the DUAL-FLASH include tuning a vehicle for multiple fuels, assuming this tuning is compliant with emission regulations. You can use ethanol based fuels when available and switch back to conventional fuels when desired. Additionally you might choose to tune one flash chip for fuel economy but leave the other flash chip stock. Any tune that you can flash to a stock PCM can be flashed to either one of the flash chips of a DUAL-FLASH enabled PCM.

NOTE: Insure the DUAL-FLASH has an image that is compatible with your PCM before installation. Unless the DUAL-FLASH image has a compatible PCM operating system you will need to reflash the DUAL-FLASH with the correct image before installation. The DUAL-FLASH comes with a default tune for a GM 12200411 PCM which is compatible with many GM PCMs.

How to operate the DUAL-FLASH

Operating the dual flash is as simple as flipping a switch. While your vehicle’s ignition is in the “off” position flip the switch to position one for the first flash or position two for the second flash. You can use a standard toggle switch to keep things simple. You should be aware that changing the position of the switch while your vehicle is running will not switch flash chips but when you turn the ignition “off” and back “on” again the switch between flash chips will occur. So, it is best to only flip the switch when the ignition is off to avoid selecting the wrong flash chip at startup. It is also important to note that after turning the ignition “off” you must wait 20 seconds before turning it “on” for the DUAL-FLASH to switch. This is because it takes about 20 seconds to completely power down your PCM.

Old 10-02-2011, 08:09 PM
FormerVendor

$200 Startup tune: This is for bolt-ons, VATS Shut off, stock vehicles, for most NA combination to get you up and running safe allowing you to sart tuning or make it to the dyno safely.

Please email us for a price for segment swaps and parameters that other tuning software packages can't adjust. Example: 12V input for AC activation or E-Fans. Please contact us for details

Starter Tunes: Our "Starter Tunes" start at $250. These come with full support. This is our biggest seller. We will get you a good tune and help you dial it in for you preferences. Example: Not everyone likes the same shift duration at the same throttle input or the same throttle responce. I have actually had to make shifts softer and throttles not so touchy and other guys want that snappy throttle and crisp/hard shift at low throttle input

Last edited by CalEditor@PCMCalibrators; 10-30-2011 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:12 PM
FormerVendor

We have been tuning LT1 Cars since 2005 and OBDII PCM's shortly after that.

I am located in Rock Hill SC and N0Dih is in Rockford IL. 95% of the PCM repairs and all of the Dual Flash work is done by N0Dih. He is a professional electronics engineer technician and he worked for a Tier 1 GM supplier for over 14 years.

We both do the tuning side. Tom aka N0Dih mainly uses TunerCat and EFILive and I use TunerCat, HPT, JET's DST and Duramax Diesel Tuner. I have another 7 tuning programs that I also use when needed.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:19 PM
FormerVendor

I am up in Milwaukee tuning this weekend. I will get back on Monday. I hope to get caught up with the emails then
Old 10-07-2011, 04:47 PM
traveling mod

Email tuning prices???
Old 10-10-2011, 12:00 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by andrew383
Email tuning prices???
Email tunes start about $250, but we work with customers that tune on the price.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:23 PM
FormerVendor

The trip started out good. Thursday night I got the Magden working in a customers Mustang. Then I woke up in the AM and my phone was dead and had to go get a new phone. That put me behind about 4 hours by the time I got out to tune John's truck. Everything was behind schedule. I missed out on a tune in Milwaukee, getting a PCM to a forum member, and meeting up with Nick from Duramaxtuner.com.

Magden
Name:  PIC-0225.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  36.0 KB

Name:  PIC-0226.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  37.8 KB

Zeitronix gauges
Name:  HPIM4077.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  40.6 KB

John's truck
Name:  HPIM4040.jpg
Views: 467
Size:  72.2 KB
Old 10-11-2011, 08:26 AM
FormerVendor

We are now offering an OBD2 reprogramming device which allows you to flash our custom programs into supported OBD2 GM ECUs without having to remove the ECU from vehicle to send to us

This is NOT an editor (like HPTuners or EFIlive), it is for flashing only, you can't change any parameters yourself. We modify the program for your specs, you flash it into the ECM.

The calibration format is encrypted and the software write capability is VIN locked (you can only program a calibration into a module with same VIN).

This is to prevent recycling of one of our custom tunes into unlimited number of ECUs. We can, however, email you serial keys on case-by-case basis for you to change the VIN in an ECM, for $50 each.

We can also provide a factory GM calibration for the given VIN free of charge. So in addition to flashing our custom tunes, you can flash back to stock.

The cost to rent the cable is $50 above the cost of the tune with a $200 deposit on the cable. We refund the $200 when the cable is returned

Supported Vehicles
1996 - 1997 All OBD2 LT1/LT4/L99 Cars

1996 - 2001 Vortec Trucks (4.3/5.0/5.7/7.4L) using OBD2 black box PCM

1999 - 2007* LSx Gen 3 Trucks (4.3/4.8/5.3/6.0/8.1L)
(all trucks with LS1 style P01/P59 PCM)

1997 - 2004 LS1/LS6 Corvette, Camaro, Firebird

1996 - 2005* V6 Buick/Chevy/Oldsmobile/Pontiac (3.1/3.4/3.5/3.8L)
(*big PCM only – 04/05 Grand Prix not supported)

2004 LS1 GTO

2004 - 2005 LS6 Cadillac CTS-V

2002 - 2005 4.2L LL8 Trailblazer, Envoy, Bravada (P10 PCM)

1999 - 2004 Holden using LS1 style P01 PCM

2001 - 2005* LB7 and LLY Duramax 6.6L Turbo Diesel
(*ECM only, Allison TCM not supported)

2006 - 2011 Corvette LS2/LS3/LS7* using E38 ECM
(*LS9 ZR1 using E67 ECM not supported)

2007 - 2011 V8 Trucks/SUV (4.8/5.3/6.0/6.2L) using E38 ECM

2007 - 2011 V6 Trucks/SUV (4.3L) using E37 ECM

2010 - 2011 V8 Camaro using E38 ECM

2008 - 2009 V8 Pontiac G8

2007 - 2011 T42 TCM 4-speed automatics

2007 - 2011 T43 TCM 6-speed automatics

Last edited by CalEditor@PCMCalibrators; 10-13-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Quick Reply: PCMCalibrators offer PCM Servicing and Tuning