THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Anyone got a handicap or something that's not normal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 08:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone got a handicap or something that's not normal?

I stutter & let me tell you it sucks.... I can't call & order parts, because 8 out 10 I get hung up on & have to call back. Or sometimes I call another vendor & try again. Most of the time people that don't know me think I'm a dick cause I don't talk to tell, but lots of time I just scare them away by trying to talk! Trying to order food & having someone laughing in the back ground sucks the most! Were all men here, with a few ladies! If we ever meet @ a track or meet . Give me time I'll get it out.. Most of the time I bring a buddy with me that knows everything & can answer for me, but like @ SCR I didn't so I just stayed to myself! That's all I got to say about this..
Old 10-13-2010, 09:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im just a dick in general, haha not very smart I guess depending on the topic at hand.

That sucks tho, I've got a few friends with some serious handicaps, one of which has only his left arm and drives a 6spd mustang, haha I still dont know how he does it.

I guess what Im getting at is whatever bothers you, you can always overcome it
Old 10-13-2010, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sorry to hear about your stuttering. Have you tried seeing a speech therapist or something along those lines?

Oh, and about the people laughing at you, F them. People suck.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:13 PM
12 Second Truck Club

I'm sure we all have something that we don't like about ourselves, but yea f the people that are ignorant.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:14 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a bad stuttering problem as a kid, mine is more stress related but therapy help a little, not much. I completely understand, its like my brain is thinking faster than I can speak even though everything sounds perfectly fine in my brain. Ive learned to just mentally tell myself to slow down and think my speech through, that has helped me the most but seems to go out the window when I get excited and turn into more of a bumbling idiot than I normally am. Dont let the other people bother you, just be happy with who you are and gone on down the road. **** em.
TECH Fanatic

i have livebetes. type 1. had it since i was 1(almost 21 years now)
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00Silv4.8
Im just a dick in general, haha not very smart I guess depending on the topic at hand.

That sucks tho, I've got a few friends with some serious handicaps, one of which has only his left arm and drives a 6spd mustang, haha I still dont know how he does it.

I guess what Im getting at is whatever bothers you, you can always overcome it
Yeah in some case I think this would work.. If you see on the street you can't tell if anything is wrong. So it will shock you & how you deal with it is something else! I've been fighting this all my life!
Old 10-13-2010, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 01Blue4.8
Sorry to hear about your stuttering. Have you tried seeing a speech therapist or something along those lines?

Oh, and about the people laughing at you, F them. People suck.
I've spent thousands of dollar working on this! I do much better when going to therapy, but just can't afford it right now. Even had the state helping me for a short time. 3 kids & wife sure eat up the money lol
Old 10-13-2010, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
I had a bad stuttering problem as a kid, mine is more stress related but therapy help a little, not much. I completely understand, its like my brain is thinking faster than I can speak even though everything sounds perfectly fine in my brain. Ive learned to just mentally tell myself to slow down and think my speech through, that has helped me the most but seems to go out the window when I get excited and turn into more of a bumbling idiot than I normally am. Dont let the other people bother you, just be happy with who you are and gone on down the road. **** em.
See most of the time I can talk smack without a problem, get me mad & I don't miss a lick.. I've had the same name for 35 years & it's the hardest thing to tell someone! But I thank y'all for understanding!
Old 10-13-2010, 09:34 PM
Where's the Beef?

I start to stutter or just say the wrong words when my brain gets to working too fast. Not really a handi cap tho.
I'm crippled so I guess that counts in this thread.

Quick Reply: Anyone got a handicap or something that's not normal?