THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Anyone got a handicap or something that's not normal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2010, 11:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And then singing [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huCwZ6pJ9pM[/yt]
Old 10-14-2010, 12:24 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hear ya Scooter
The problem now days is that there are more out there who have absolutely no respect or give a damn about others.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:41 AM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

Remember, it could always be worse...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAckshe5Dc0
Old 10-14-2010, 01:42 AM
Formerly darynC-10/23/10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i studder too.i usually talk really slow so i havent in a while. im "slow" if thats how yall wana put it.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I wouldn't let it bother you mhotrodscooter. I picked up on it quick at SCR and just changed my questions to give you yes or no answers. I didn't hang around and talk too much only because I thought maybe you were uncomfortable. Most people won't think much of it and just change the way they ask questions to help you out. Only dicks would make a big deal of it.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:49 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Wheatley
I hear ya Scooter
The problem now days is that there are more out there who have absolutely no respect or give a damn about others.
This is sad but true.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by mhotrodscooter
I stutter & let me tell you it sucks.... I can't call & order parts, because 8 out 10 I get hung up on & have to call back. Or sometimes I call another vendor & try again. Most of the time people that don't know me think I'm a dick cause I don't talk to tell, but lots of time I just scare them away by trying to talk! Trying to order food & having someone laughing in the back ground sucks the most! Were all men here, with a few ladies! If we ever meet @ a track or meet . Give me time I'll get it out.. Most of the time I bring a buddy with me that knows everything & can answer for me, but like @ SCR I didn't so I just stayed to myself! That's all I got to say about this..
Hey man even though i personally don't have a handicap my son who is now 15 was born with a cleft pallet. For many year's he faced **** like that everyday from kid's classmates, because of his speech. Even after 3 major reconstructive surgeries, year's of speech therapy, sign language classes he will never be 100%. But his attitude towards that is he doesn't give a crap what other people think. My kid tells me all the time the people who make fun of him are really the ones with the handicap.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by CrusinSilverado
Hey man even though i personally don't have a handicap my son who is now 15 was born with a cleft pallet. For many year's he faced **** like that everyday from kid's classmates, because of his speech. Even after 3 major reconstructive surgeries, year's of speech therapy, sign language classes he will never be 100%. But his attitude towards that is he doesn't give a crap what other people think. My kid tells me all the time the people who make fun of him are really the ones with the handicap.
I know what he is going through, of corse in my day it caused a lot of fighting. Teachers would call me out to read out loud & it sucked.. As we all got older it got better.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by skoal bandit
I wouldn't let it bother you mhotrodscooter. I picked up on it quick at SCR and just changed my questions to give you yes or no answers. I didn't hang around and talk too much only because I thought maybe you were uncomfortable. Most people won't think much of it and just change the way they ask questions to help you out. Only dicks would make a big deal of it.
BTW I'm scooter, sad part is most people think this & don't ever give me a chance.. It's nothing against you, just wanted to get it out in the open!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wheatley
I hear ya Scooter
lots of people will fit into that . . . It's either the way that they've been rasied, or their "crowd" or click

ADD, learning disability . . highly distracted, CRS (can't remember ****). . .
Drives my wife up the walls . . .

I'll studder/mumble . . . whatever. I can't remember **** to save my life sometimes. I have to write just about everything down while I'm at work, or lay it all out on my calendar on my phone. I'll forward my work crap to my google account, and it'll link them together from my phone. - huge help

Ask me to write out a report . . . and I'll labor over it.
Ask me anything about engines or computers, and I can fix just about anything mechanical or resight specs.

Quick Reply: Anyone got a handicap or something that's not normal?