stock srt-10

Old 04-23-2006, 08:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question stock srt-10

wanted to say hi .I am new owner of truck.I was wondering what performance things can I do that can be taken off without dealer knowing they wee on there if any major problem occured??
Old 04-23-2006, 08:44 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by fixerup
wanted to say hi .I am new owner of truck.I was wondering what performance things can I do that can be taken off without dealer knowing they wee on there if any major problem occured??
Did you get a Reg Cab or Quad Cab? What year?

Post up some pics!
Old 04-23-2006, 09:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

First I would talk to the dealer and see if they will warranty any parts that they put on. A PCM flash with a new PCM will not be detectable. Basically you get a new PCM with the flash. If you need dealer service just put your stock PCM back in. It is 3 plugs and 3 screws. Easy to do. You can also do some exhaust work. It should not void the warranty. Basically they have to say the part you installed caused the problem. A new muffler should not cause your tranny to break as an example. Welcome to Da Club. Post some pics.

Smoke
Old 04-23-2006, 01:00 PM
Teching In

If you have a good dealer then you dont have to worry about it. My dealer has never given me any warranty grief (to date) and as you can see by my mods, its pretty obvious I am not stock

PCM flash is good as Flyinglow mentioned, drop in filter, cam, heads and that would be about it, if you looking to be bone stock.

If its a RC, then I am sure you could install a new shifter and it not affect your warranty. I would talk to your local Viper tech and see how they feel about mods.

Pics!!!
Old 04-23-2006, 10:03 PM
Teching In

thanks for the advice.I have a red 2005 quad cab.getting ready to put red hard cover on it and already have led tail lights and front tint to mach factory back tint.I was thinking like you said the new computer,exaust,volant intake and thats probely going to be all except lowering kit and mabey new set of asanti rims with red inside. Thanks again and I will try to get some pics soon.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:58 AM
Teching In

thanks for the advice.I have a red 2005 quad cab.getting ready to put red hard cover on it and already have led tail lights and front tint to mach factory back tint.I was thinking like you said the new computer,exaust,volant intake and thats probely going to be all except lowering kit and mabey new set of asanti rims with red inside. Thanks again and I will try to get some pics soon.

PCM, CAI and catback (roughly $1200) got Flyinglow into the 12.s Not bad for a 5500 QC

I would go with the x-metal lowering kit.

http://www.x-metal.com/
Old 04-24-2006, 08:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Are you using the factory cover? The wing is different on the factory covers. Some have broken their wing. Think about that before you buy a cover.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:18 AM
Staging Lane

Welcome to the club!!