Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Just received AutoCal v2 for L9H!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 08:44 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just received AutoCal v2 for L9H!!

Okay guys...this should probably be in the tuning section, but I figured I'd get better answers here...got my AutoCal v2 in about a week ago...logged 20 minutes and sent it to BB...they replied saying that justin has a tuning meet and will respond as soon as he gets back...I'm too excited to sit and wait because of all the great things I've been reading about it...so I figured I'd post my questions...

I have the 6.2L L9H with 6L80e 4x4...

Any specific recommendations on shift points and and rev limiter?

What about top speed shutoff and TM percentage removal?

What to do with the towhaul button?

Any other recommendations that I should pass on to Justin will be much appreciated!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 09:12 AM
TECH Regular

It's worth the wait man just be patient. I can't see what mods u have cause I'm on mobile. But I do my tune with him
In person since he lives very close to me. He will remove torque management but not all of it. Set yr rev limiter a bit higher. As far as tow haul it's like a sport mode. To give u an idea of my setup, top speed limiter is gone, torque management is 65% removed and shift points are at 6100rpm's. In tow haul *** mode as I call
It torque management is 100% gone, shift points are 6700rpms and my little 4.8 chirps 2nd on 26" rims. Truck is somewhat built so it all depends on mods u have. He should respond soon they are very good with customer service just sucks it's a small group!
Old 04-20-2012, 09:38 AM
On The Tree

Great to hear man...I'm pumped...Thanx for the info!! As far as mods go, I have a Volant CAI with scoop only...ARH LT's in the closet waiting on cutouts and Borla XR-1 before installing...so it should be very basic for him this first time...eventually I'll challenge him a little more...
Old 04-20-2012, 09:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, keep being patient. You might just try Justin's standard recommendations for everything and see how you like it - he'll make adjustments after you've driven it and sent him some more log files if you want stuff changed. He will automatically take out all TM from the engine, for example, and set the speed limiter to 125 or so. He will ask what you want for shift points, and it seems like most of the guys here with otherwise-stock motors go for 6,000 to 6,200 or so. Read this thread: shift points
Old 04-20-2012, 09:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Justin is pretty good at what he does so see what his first tune does and go from there.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:42 AM
On The Tree

Just received an email from Justin...apparently my logs are no good...the software provided online doesn't handle my 2010...he sent me the 2011+ E38 file to use...crazy I know...so now I have to wait even longer!!! Nooooo!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:49 AM
On The Tree

Just throwing this out there...a buddy of mines fiancé just totaled her new CTS-V and the wreckage is sitting in their yard...he's selling the salvageable parts (hit cement culvert and basically destroyed the front end so no SC, and engine looks pretty bad)...I was wondering if it would benefit me in the future to take the E67 controller out??
Old 05-30-2012, 08:06 AM
TECH Regular

What did you end up going with for tune options? Did you set the tow mode to the "haul ***" mode as many do? Im looking to do the exact same thing ARH LTs and tune in the next couple weeks just want some advice on how yours worked out.
Old 05-30-2012, 10:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by shaw_426hemi
What did you end up going with for tune options? Did you set the tow mode to the "haul ***" mode as many do? Im looking to do the exact same thing ARH LTs and tune in the next couple weeks just want some advice on how yours worked out.
Justin said that he can't tune the tow haul button for different settings...😏
Old 05-30-2012, 10:43 PM
Man Motor club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mongooseboy has a different trans than we do and always forgets that

I had Justin set my speed limiter to 150 so I'd never hit it, fix the speedo for my tires, tune for my MIT/filter, and remove the half-rev limit from Park and Neutral. Other than that, it was pretty standard. I would like a little more fine-tuning and such (it's been a year and I'm lazy) but I'm very satisfied.

Quick Reply: Just received AutoCal v2 for L9H!!