Notices
GMT 900 Trucks General Discussion 2007 - 2013 Trucks | General Discussion

Just received AutoCal v2 for L9H!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 02:11 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Justin did a great job with mine as well...removed the speed limiter, altered the shifts a bit, and readjusted everything for 93octane...no complaints here...I'm actually ordering Caltracs today to keep the rear end at ease...getting some serious wheel hop now on the 1-2 shift!!! I'm pretty OCD when it comes to my truck, so I'll be getting a dyno tune whenever they have a meet close to me, but the AutoCal did make a world of difference for the time being...
Old 05-31-2012, 08:25 AM
Launching!

Does the wheel hop occur in tow/haul mode? Just curious.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:22 PM
On The Tree

Hmm...never even ran it in tow/haul yet...I'll try tomorrow...
Old 06-01-2012, 10:18 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by chanin6929
Justin did a great job with mine as well...removed the speed limiter, altered the shifts a bit, and readjusted everything for 93octane...no complaints here...I'm actually ordering Caltracs today to keep the rear end at ease...getting some serious wheel hop now on the 1-2 shift!!! I'm pretty OCD when it comes to my truck, so I'll be getting a dyno tune whenever they have a meet close to me, but the AutoCal did make a world of difference for the time being...
Did you have a factory tune saved on your autocal in case you needed to go back to factory for warranty work? Did you have a tune for other than 93 octane, in case you dont want as much performance and maybe run cheaper fuel? What else can be modified besides A/F mixture, shift points, speed limiter, rev limiter (park/neutral)? Can he make it so when trac control is off, its actually OFF? Ordered my Headers and autocal Wednesday, how long does the autocal typically take to arrive from BB?
Old 06-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Man Motor club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll answer these.

My factory tunes (engine and transmission) are saved to my Autocal just in case

No, I didn't have him do a cheaper fuel tune, as max mpg is realized on premium, so why give up range for cheaper fuel when it will probably cost about the same in the end?

He can alter quite a bit, to include timing and torque management

Traction control can be completely turned off, however, Stabilitrac cannot. It is a function of the ABS and is integrated with the BCM, which is not being tuned. The only way to completely turn off this system is to remove power to the ABS system, either by yanking the fuses (which is common) or wiring a 'fun switch' (I haven't seen this done successfully yet).

I don't know, I drove to San Diego for my tune, so somebody else will have to answer that.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rjwz28
I'll answer these.

My factory tunes (engine and transmission) are saved to my Autocal just in case Me too.

No, I didn't have him do a cheaper fuel tune, as max mpg is realized on premium, so why give up range for cheaper fuel when it will probably cost about the same in the end? Same here. Here's what Justin told me about regular gas: "Since you have a 6.2L engine, your only option really is going to be premium fuel. The engine's compression ratio dictates that. There is also no difference between a performance and gas mileage tune, your foot will determine that." But for occasional use of regular, he said this, "You can datalog with whatever fuel you normally run, we will take care of the fact that you may run either."

He can alter quite a bit, to include timing and torque management And shift feel, shift speed, and as Justin said, "along with additional items that I have."

Traction control can be completely turned off, however, Stabilitrac cannot. It is a function of the ABS and is integrated with the BCM, which is not being tuned. The only way to completely turn off this system is to remove power to the ABS system, either by yanking the fuses (which is common) or wiring a 'fun switch' (I haven't seen this done successfully yet).

I don't know, I drove to San Diego for my tune, so somebody else will have to answer that. It took five days from placing the order to receiving the AutoCal, and just short of two weeks from when I emailed him my log files until I received my tune files. At the time it seemed too long but have faith he'll get it to you just as fast as he can - especially for a very small business which is very busy.
My replies in above quote:
Old 06-01-2012, 12:41 PM
Man Motor club

Thanks Phil
Old 06-01-2012, 01:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 06-01-2012, 01:36 PM
TECH Regular

Great information to have, thanks for the responses! I cant wait for the Autocal to arrive and get my pipes in and get the data collected so he can tune it. Has anyone purchased multiple tunes for vehicles from Justin? What i mean is I'll have the Autocal that can do 8 vehicles, so i might as well tune my dads truck as well. Anyone know what he charges for the second vehicle datalog tune with the autocal?
Old 06-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Man Motor club

The Autocal locks to the VIN of the first vehicle tuned. I believe you can use it on others, but additional VIN licenses must be purchased for this, and I have no idea how that goes.

Quick Reply: Just received AutoCal v2 for L9H!!