Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2011, 08:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah that looks like an iron block lol
Old 07-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Man Motor club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah that's definitely an iron block; look at the difference between the heads and the block. You don't know anything about the mileage on that engine either because it isn't the one you were promised. I'd pursue the engine you were supposed to go hone with, the one on your receipt, ASAP.
Old 07-04-2011, 08:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2007chevy5.3l
Yeah that looks like an iron block lol
: shrug::cry :

Originally Posted by rjwz28
Yeah that's definitely an iron block; look at the difference between the heads and the block. You don't know anything about the mileage on that engine either because it isn't the one you were promised. I'd pursue the engine you were supposed to go hone with, the one on your receipt, ASAP.

I know I guess in all the excitement i forgot to pay attention to that, fk me.
yeah i'm going tomorrow back to those ******** lol, the receipt says eighth digit on vin is a B. and yeah that's the one that had 66,xxx miles on it. Ugh!!! i'm kinda sad now . oh well lol, i'm gonna ask them to work something out with me and include some of the accessories, because i don't feel like buying anything now, i just wanna drop it in and start it.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:00 PM
Man Motor club

No, forget that! Get the engne you were supposed to have in the first place. The engine you were supposed to get was a sweet deal and had half the miles, and that's the engine you have a receipt for. Maybe try to work them a bit for pulling a bait and switch on you though, cuz that's bullshit.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Defiantly get the motor you're supposed to get. It's a better engine for NA applications, and lighter. I would go in there politely first, because it may just be an honest mistake. Someone screwed up with inventory numbers or something, and you'll get better service if you're polite about it to start. If they try to give you the run around, stand your ground. Don't let them try to bully you on VIN and part numbers because you're a kid and they don't think you know any better.

If you still have the paperwork, take it with you, as well as a VIN listing (a paper explaining the digits of a VIN, and what each number/letter means), like what LMC truck has. That way, there's no arguing what you got, and what you were supposed to get.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:45 AM
Man Motor club

/\ exactly /\
Old 07-05-2011, 12:50 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry dude, hope they make it right for you.
Old 07-05-2011, 01:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rjwz28
No, forget that! Get the engne you were supposed to have in the first place. The engine you were supposed to get was a sweet deal and had half the miles, and that's the engine you have a receipt for. Maybe try to work them a bit for pulling a bait and switch on you though, cuz that's bullshit.
No i know what you mean and hell yeah I want my L33 with all the accessories that what i meant. Yeah i know thats why i was so excited!
See and the guy who put the motor on the back of my truck said wait this isn't the right motor let me go check and he took my receipt and said on yeah its the right one. See and i think they just wanna get rid of the Lm7's with the higher miles because maybe they were holding it for someone else. idk I'm cause thats . Or the guy on the fork lift just got the wrong motor. anyways first thing in the morning i'm gonna go and clear this **** up. if they say something stupid like oh sorry sir but we already sold the L33 i'm gonna get my money back and buy a 6.0 or just say ill wait till you get a L33 and i want it with everything

Originally Posted by dmelvin
Defiantly get the motor you're supposed to get. It's a better engine for NA applications, and lighter. I would go in there politely first, because it may just be an honest mistake. Someone screwed up with inventory numbers or something, and you'll get better service if you're polite about it to start. If they try to give you the run around, stand your ground. Don't let them try to bully you on VIN and part numbers because you're a kid and they don't think you know any better.

If you still have the paperwork, take it with you, as well as a VIN listing (a paper explaining the digits of a VIN, and what each number/letter means), like what LMC truck has. That way, there's no arguing what you got, and what you were supposed to get.
Yeah i can only Imagine, i would love to have a aluminum block and about 10-15 more horses. Yeah The guy who sold me the motor said it wouldn't fit in my truck, then he recommended some guy who would do it for me and tune it, So Yeah they think i don't know **** about motors or swaps, but i know enough to know when i'm being fk with. I'm gonna take the vin for a L33 and casting number and show them how its different and how they gave me a LM7

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
Sorry dude, hope they make it right for you.
Thanks bro, me too
Old 07-05-2011, 02:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kr1s
if they say something stupid like oh sorry sir but we already sold the L33 i'm gonna get my money back and buy a 6.0 or just say ill wait till you get a L33 and i want it with everything
OR just tell em' if it was a mistake or whatever the situation was that you will call it even if they will give ya a 6.0 blah blah
Old 07-05-2011, 03:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cdub81
OR just tell em' if it was a mistake or whatever the situation was that you will call it even if they will give ya a 6.0 blah blah
I like the way you think

Quick Reply: I am the new owner of a 5.3