Notices
GMT 800 & Older GM General Discussion 2006 & Older Trucks | General Discussion

I am the new owner of a 5.3

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 10:29 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cdub81
OR just tell em' if it was a mistake or whatever the situation was that you will call it even if they will give ya a 6.0 blah blah
That would work for me
Old 07-05-2011, 11:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

-_- They're being stupid at the junk yard saying that thats the correct motor then when i read him the casting number and what heads i'm suppose to have he just said ohh wait you're right, the computer has it inventoried wrong you have a 2004 with 66,xxx miles
Then he goes and makes it seem like the L33 with the 799 heads and aluminum block is gonna cost more, so i had to argue how its already paid for and i'm not gonna pay extra or anything, for the block. I'm also getting it fully dressed with all accessories, i have to call back because the guy said he has to go look truck by truck for the motor.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:12 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kr1s
-_- They're being stupid at the junk yard saying that thats the correct motor then when i read him the casting number and what heads i'm suppose to have he just said ohh wait you're right, the computer has it inventoried wrong you have a 2004 with 66,xxx miles
Then he goes and makes it seem like the L33 with the 799 heads and aluminum block is gonna cost more, so i had to argue how its already paid for and i'm not gonna pay extra or anything, for the block. I'm also getting it fully dressed with all accessories, i have to call back because the guy said he has to go look truck by truck for the motor.
Grrrr I hate when they try to pull **** like that...seems like they tried to pull one over on you, and then when you call them out on it, they tell you it's gonna cost more That's bad business...if they don't do the right thing, tell them that you have the Better Business Bureau on your speed dial and your trigger finger is itchy
Old 07-05-2011, 11:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by budhayes3
Grrrr I hate when they try to pull **** like that...seems like they tried to pull one over on you, and then when you call them out on it, they tell you it's gonna cost more That's bad business...if they don't do the right thing, tell them that you have the Better Business Bureau on your speed dial and your trigger finger is itchy
I know and thats because its not even like any whatever junkyard. This is like the legit one we have here in South Texas. -_- I'm still waiting for the guys call he said to give him a hr. if he doesn't call i'm gonna give him a call i'm gonna be on them till i get my ****
Lol BBB
Old 07-05-2011, 11:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Best of luck with it. Stand your ground, you have a receipt with a VIN printed on it so you could easily take it to court. Talk with the manager or owner, they are likely the only ones with the power to do anything about it.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TX Tahoe Z71
Best of luck with it. Stand your ground, you have a receipt with a VIN printed on it so you could easily take it to court. Talk with the manager or owner, they are likely the only ones with the power to do anything about it.
Yeah cause the lm7's are going for 400
WTF did i pay a extra 100$ for I want my L33! lol
and if i don't get this sorted out and they don't work something out i would gladly take it further.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Either way, you've got money coming back or an aluminum block coming. It'd be nice to get the aluminum block, but my guess is if they screwed up your motor, someone else may have ended up with that L33.
Old 07-05-2011, 12:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

chingao hope u get hat u paid for man....or ill sell u my 5.3 lol
Old 07-05-2011, 01:26 PM
Man Motor club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go get that **** bro
Old 07-05-2011, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dmelvin
Either way, you've got money coming back or an aluminum block coming. It'd be nice to get the aluminum block, but my guess is if they screwed up your motor, someone else may have ended up with that L33.
Lol no the guy said they have on in the warehouse and that he will tell me the milage as soon as it gets there because its still in the truck, he said its taking long because since its been raining its been hard to move the truck idk what. oh well. but as long as i get the l33 If it has like 120,xxxx ill just stay with my lm7

Originally Posted by Lil brother PI
chingao hope u get hat u paid for man....or ill sell u my 5.3 lol
Haha ya se wey Pinche national!
Pshhh yeah right! you rev the crap out of yours!

Originally Posted by rjwz28
Go get that **** bro
I know!!

Quick Reply: I am the new owner of a 5.3