Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

How important are boost and air to fuel guages?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 06:31 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DrX
Used an injector wire for RPM. Hooked up TP and boost sensors, Haven't calibrated them yet though.

Last question. Which wire on the injectors the throttle pos sensor?

Thanks a bunch. I promise (sp) this it the last one!!
Old 08-30-2005, 08:45 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
Last question. Which wire on the injectors the throttle pos sensor?

Thanks a bunch. I promise (sp) this it the last one!!
TP= Use the DK GRN or PPL wire at the throttle body connector(there are dual sensors)
Tach= Tap into one of the injectors. Use the wire that is not pink. Pink is common +ve battery voltage. Each injector has a different colour wire from the PCM. That is the one to tap.

You will have to calibrate these in the WBC software. There is a multiplier setting for the tach. I still have to check my TP readings with my scan tool and plug them into the table in the software. Played with the boost a little but haven't got that quite right yet. I have it connected to the Map sensor that came with my Autometer boost gauge.
Old 08-31-2005, 12:24 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the pillar pod i got is from auto meter and it's a dead on match.

i saw on the intercepter web page that they have the gauges sold singleand in pairs....whats the point of two? just so you can keep each one on different things or do they do difderent things?
Attached Thumbnails How important are boost and air to fuel guages?-3222.jpg   How important are boost and air to fuel guages?-3224.jpg  
Old 09-01-2005, 03:38 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JimS
Is the wideband A/F from Dynojet better than the Auto Meter? Does it look similar to the Phantom? Thanks, Jim
Autometer makes the gauge for Dynojet, the black one it the Sport comp series (I believe) and the white face is the Phantom series.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRealSS
the pillar pod i got is from auto meter and it's a dead on match.

i saw on the intercepter web page that they have the gauges sold singleand in pairs....whats the point of two? just so you can keep each one on different things or do they do difderent things?
They are multiple function guages so you can have each set to display different information. The Interceptor appears to be a first rate information retreival system. More study is required before I buy guages. It's a much more complicated thing than I had ever imagined.

Right now it looks lilke the best information would be gathered by having the Dynojet WBC and two Interceptors. Or maybe that's all unnecessary. I need to check out the Hypertech HyperPac computer which I just saw advertised in Chevy High Performance.