Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Free" Mods List

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 04:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where is the bb mod for the thermostat? Lol
Old 03-10-2013, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

I just did the port and polish to my 99. I love the throttle response however i have a huge problem. My idle is normally at 580-590 and its now at 880-1000. I tried resetting the ecm, I tried relearning the idle. I tried driving it. Nothing is working. I disconnected the IAC and there was no change? Vacuum is still great. I am so lost on this one. What the hell did I do? Is the IAC port getting to much air now? Is the IAC bad?
Old 03-10-2013, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gbbmk
I just did the port and polish to my 99. I love the throttle response however i have a huge problem. My idle is normally at 580-590 and its now at 880-1000. I tried resetting the ecm, I tried relearning the idle. I tried driving it. Nothing is working. I disconnected the IAC and there was no change? Vacuum is still great. I am so lost on this one. What the hell did I do? Is the IAC port getting to much air now? Is the IAC bad?
Sounds like you may have gotten too close to the blade.
Old 03-10-2013, 10:18 PM
On The Tree

What do you mean? The seal around it? or the blade itself? And if so whats my fix
Old 03-10-2013, 11:44 PM
12 Second Club

What do you mean? The seal around it? or the blade itself? And if so whats my fix
He means where the blade would have seated on the actual throttle body. This would be allowing more air in and causing the raised idle RPM.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Funkster
He means where the blade would have seated on the actual throttle body. This would be allowing more air in and causing the raised idle RPM.
Bingo

If this is what the problem is, the only fix that I know of is to get a new throttle body. Luckily for drive by cable they seem to be about a dime a dozen.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:20 AM
On The Tree

in an effort to find out the issue. I checked the IAC and when i pulled it it fell apart. Im thinking brake cleaner killed it. Regardless if the TB is bad i still need to replace IAC.

Reminds me of when I needed to replace my alternator becasue I was cleaning the inside of the engine bay and got water inside of it. Live and learn.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:14 AM
12 Second Club

in an effort to find out the issue. I checked the IAC and when i pulled it it fell apart. Im thinking brake cleaner killed it. Regardless if the TB is bad i still need to replace IAC.

Reminds me of when I needed to replace my alternator becasue I was cleaning the inside of the engine bay and got water inside of it. Live and learn.
If you unplugged the IAC before with no change I wouldn't expect it to be that. Can you post a picture of the throttle body, where it was ported, etc?

Not saying it isn't possible, and isn't an additional cause of problems, but I am curious to see the seating surface of the blade.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:25 AM
On The Tree

I will when I get a free min. I am going to at least get a new IAC as this is my work truck/ DD and with out it I do not work. I very well may have gotten a little carried away with my grinding. If so I will pick up another one and start over.

I will try to get you pics today.

Thanks
Old 03-11-2013, 11:49 AM
On The Tree

Ok so i replaced the IAC and the second I turned it on the truck the idle shot over 2500 and bounced there for a bit then i cycled the key several times and it came down to about 640. So me and my bright ideas thought OK lets relearn the idle again. Well i am back at 850. I will drive it for awhile I am also going to take apart the TB again and see if I did something wrong or something clogged. And take pics.

I do have access to a tb and intake set up complete used for $125. So worst case I do it again. Its driveable now but not acceptable.

Quick Reply: "Free" Mods List