Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |

6.0 swap, truck wont start..

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.0 swap, truck wont start..

Just finished up my 6.0 swap and my truck wont start.. it will turn over but thats it.. I checked and rechecked my grounds and ive got them all hooked up.. 1) ground strap 2) negative battery terminal to behind power steering 3) passenger side head (coming off the harness) 4) negative battery terminal to frame and 5) underhood light ground.. I have no clue where to look next.. The motor already had a cam and springs installed but I was told it was done by a professional so i am hoping the timing isnt off.. Anything else I can check?? Any info would be appreciated..

Thanks,
Drew
Old 04-03-2007, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

i don't recall anything grounded to my head.... bolt all your grounds to the back of the block.. you should still be able to reach the ground without taking the intake off....
Old 04-03-2007, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I meant back of the block.. ground strap and ground on the passenger side (coming off the harness are grounded to the block..
Old 04-03-2007, 10:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

connections to injectors, coil packs, plug wires, i know it sounds dumb but more than one person has missed connections and wondered why it wouldn't start... myself included
Old 04-03-2007, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea im going to unplug everything and plug it back in I guess.. also noticed my 6.0 doesnt have the sensor or the wire running under the intake for the knock sensors.. I used the 6.0 intake and didnt think anything about it.. Do some motors have the knock sensors in different places??
Old 04-03-2007, 11:25 PM
On The Tree

do some trouble shooting well be able to help you better does it smell like gas does it spudder spray some starting fluid down the intake and tell us what that does. that will let us know if it has spark.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

all you did is swap pure motor and no PCM right. Dont some PCM's have that lock up or anti theft.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ridnlow
Yea im going to unplug everything and plug it back in I guess.. also noticed my 6.0 doesnt have the sensor or the wire running under the intake for the knock sensors.. I used the 6.0 intake and didnt think anything about it.. Do some motors have the knock sensors in different places??
im pretty sure all the lsx engines have the knock sensors in the same place... it should run up the back of the intake and connect on the drivers side of the intake
Old 04-04-2007, 01:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Found the knock sensor connecter.. got caught up behind the block.. plugged it in and still a no go.. It may be a pcm issue but I am not getting a security light or anything.. I am going to hook hp tuners up tomorrow and see what DTC's im getting.. It may be out of time but I can freely spin the motor with the spark plugs out.. I dunno, I am going to try the security relearn in the morning.. cant hurt to try but I am pretty sure im just not getting fire.. I am definetely getting fuel though..
Old 04-04-2007, 01:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

pull out a plug and test it....

Quick Reply: 6.0 swap, truck wont start..