Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Transgo Shift Kit 4l60e HD-2 Install ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 09:07 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transgo Shift Kit 4l60e HD-2 Install ??

Going to install on weekend ......2004 RCSB 5.3 2wd this is my daily driver and tow vehicle for my car&trailer 7000lbs ....... Corvette servo also to install can t decide whether to put one washer or no washer to firm shifts ......will get a PCM tune after header install so could raise line pressure then ............what would you guys do ?? Thanks
Old 12-11-2007, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you should be quite satisfied by not putting any washers in, especially with that vette servo. also, with the shift kit you're supposed to turn your line pressure back to stock.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:28 AM
formerly 1BADC10 (12/14/2011)

Originally Posted by KevinF56
you should be quite satisfied by not putting any washers in, especially with that vette servo. also, with the shift kit you're supposed to turn your line pressure back to stock.

I had one washer, then took it out. Shifts weren't as harsh, but still snapped more than I preferred. I had the vac mod, then recently went back with the PCS (that's another story/issue). Guess what, the shifts are MUCH BETTER. STILL FIRM, and I'll take care of the remaining little imperfection(s) through the tune.
Old 12-11-2007, 11:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

no washers ! . . . I've done two installs, and they've always come back out.

If you're using the TransGo HD2 kit, it already comes with the larger than stock boost valve. If you're putting in the vette servo, pay attention to what springs you put in, there's a part in the instructions that tells you when to choose.

Be sure to tell your tuner that you have a shift kit installed with a larger than stock boost valve.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Tootall
no washers ! . . . I've done two installs, and they've always come back out.

If you're using the TransGo HD2 kit, it already comes with the larger than stock boost valve. If you're putting in the vette servo, pay attention to what springs you put in, there's a part in the instructions that tells you when to choose.

Be sure to tell your tuner that you have a shift kit installed with a larger than stock boost valve.
DO I NEED A SHIFT KIT?? I HAVE VETTE SERVO'S, TRANSGO SPACER PLATE, 4TH GEAR BILLET SONNAX SERVO...

I TUNED 10 EXTRA SHIFT PRESSURE, AND AM SHIFTING AT 6000
Old 12-11-2007, 12:27 PM
Launching!

Thanks Guys great info .......yes using stock line pressure .......I will check the springs when using vette servo .......missed that when I read instructions
Old 12-11-2007, 12:40 PM
12 Second Truck Club

im running 2 washers. sometimes its harsh but not all the time. really depends on how much throttle your giving it. I like it though.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by CHEVRACER83
DO I NEED A SHIFT KIT?? I HAVE VETTE SERVO'S, TRANSGO SPACER PLATE, 4TH GEAR BILLET SONNAX SERVO...

I TUNED 10 EXTRA SHIFT PRESSURE, AND AM SHIFTING AT 6000
do you "need one" not really for a 4.8. Used to have a 6.0 so that's why I still have it. If you did have one, you could manually shift your trans into any gear at any time, at any RPM. - yes it's fun ! It also makes your shifts faster and more "clean," meaning no pausing between shifting.

Originally Posted by CDN SS
Thanks Guys great info .......yes using stock line pressure .......I will check the springs when using vette servo .......missed that when I read instructions
It's VERY important, it matters for what servo goes in and not what is "currently" in the trans at the time of the swap.

Originally Posted by WJ MARK
im running 2 washers. sometimes its harsh but not all the time. really depends on how much throttle your giving it. I like it though.
You can have some of that "tuned out" in the shift tables.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:36 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

A sticky 1-2 accumulator valve can cause a harsh shift. Just a heads up. Vince
Old 12-11-2007, 01:45 PM
Launching!

OK Stock Line pressure .no washers , and ensure I install correct spring with Corvette servo ......not real clear on that point but will go back & read instructions to-nite .if need help will come back here ........

Appreciate all who took time to respond Bill

Quick Reply: Transgo Shift Kit 4l60e HD-2 Install ??