PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   GM Drivetrain & Suspension (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-drivetrain-suspension-22/)
-   -   Transgo Shift Kit 4l60e HD-2 Install ?? (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/gm-drivetrain-suspension-22/transgo-shift-kit-4l60e-hd-2-install-407054/)

CDN SS 12-11-2007 09:07 AM

Transgo Shift Kit 4l60e HD-2 Install ??

Going to install on weekend ......2004 RCSB 5.3 2wd this is my daily driver and tow vehicle for my car&trailer 7000lbs ....... Corvette servo also to install can t decide whether to put one washer or no washer to firm shifts ......will get a PCM tune after header install so could raise line pressure then ............what would you guys do ?? Thanks

KevinF56 12-11-2007 10:00 AM

you should be quite satisfied by not putting any washers in, especially with that vette servo. also, with the shift kit you're supposed to turn your line pressure back to stock.

95ImpSS 12-11-2007 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by KevinF56 (Post 3796024)
you should be quite satisfied by not putting any washers in, especially with that vette servo. also, with the shift kit you're supposed to turn your line pressure back to stock.

:werd:

I had one washer, then took it out. Shifts weren't as harsh, but still snapped more than I preferred. I had the vac mod, then recently went back with the PCS (that's another story/issue). Guess what, the shifts are MUCH BETTER. STILL FIRM, and I'll take care of the remaining little imperfection(s) through the tune. :judge:

Tootall 12-11-2007 11:53 AM

no washers ! . . . I've done two installs, and they've always come back out.

If you're using the TransGo HD2 kit, it already comes with the larger than stock boost valve. If you're putting in the vette servo, pay attention to what springs you put in, there's a part in the instructions that tells you when to choose.

Be sure to tell your tuner that you have a shift kit installed with a larger than stock boost valve.

CHEVRACER83 12-11-2007 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tootall (Post 3796111)
no washers ! . . . I've done two installs, and they've always come back out.

If you're using the TransGo HD2 kit, it already comes with the larger than stock boost valve. If you're putting in the vette servo, pay attention to what springs you put in, there's a part in the instructions that tells you when to choose.

Be sure to tell your tuner that you have a shift kit installed with a larger than stock boost valve.

DO I NEED A SHIFT KIT?? I HAVE VETTE SERVO'S, TRANSGO SPACER PLATE, 4TH GEAR BILLET SONNAX SERVO...

I TUNED 10 EXTRA SHIFT PRESSURE, AND AM SHIFTING AT 6000

CDN SS 12-11-2007 12:27 PM

Thanks Guys great info .......yes using stock line pressure .......I will check the springs when using vette servo .......missed that when I read instructions

WJ MARK 12-11-2007 12:40 PM

im running 2 washers. sometimes its harsh but not all the time. really depends on how much throttle your giving it. I like it though.

Tootall 12-11-2007 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by CHEVRACER83 (Post 3796128)
DO I NEED A SHIFT KIT?? I HAVE VETTE SERVO'S, TRANSGO SPACER PLATE, 4TH GEAR BILLET SONNAX SERVO...

I TUNED 10 EXTRA SHIFT PRESSURE, AND AM SHIFTING AT 6000

do you "need one" not really for a 4.8. Used to have a 6.0 so that's why I still have it. If you did have one, you could manually shift your trans into any gear at any time, at any RPM. - yes it's fun ! It also makes your shifts faster and more "clean," meaning no pausing between shifting.

Originally Posted by CDN SS (Post 3796131)
Thanks Guys great info .......yes using stock line pressure .......I will check the springs when using vette servo .......missed that when I read instructions

It's VERY important, it matters for what servo goes in and not what is "currently" in the trans at the time of the swap.

Originally Posted by WJ MARK (Post 3796135)
im running 2 washers. sometimes its harsh but not all the time. really depends on how much throttle your giving it. I like it though.

You can have some of that "tuned out" in the shift tables.

FLT 12-11-2007 01:36 PM

A sticky 1-2 accumulator valve can cause a harsh shift. Just a heads up. Vince

CDN SS 12-11-2007 01:45 PM

OK Stock Line pressure .no washers , and ensure I install correct spring with Corvette servo ......not real clear on that point but will go back & read instructions to-nite .if need help will come back here ........

Appreciate all who took time to respond Bill