Notices
GM Drivetrain & Suspension Chassis | Transmission| Driveshaft | Gears/Rear End/Differential | Traction Aids

Transgo Shift Kit 4l60e HD-2 Install ??

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 01:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CDN SS
OK Stock Line pressure .no washers , and ensure I install correct spring with Corvette servo ......not real clear on that point but will go back & read instructions to-nite .if need help will come back here ........

Appreciate all who took time to respond Bill
The directions are not that clear either, there's a place in the install doc that talks about the serial number on the inside of the servo, when it's removed from the transmission. They'll say "use this for reference later." You'll see what I'm talking about later on. This is only if you're putting back in the stock servo. So whatever comes out, ignore it and use the numbers on the vette servo.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I have dyno tune already on my truck and my tranny already shifts pretty hard for a stock transmission. I just ordered my HD2 today, do you think it would be wise to have it retuned after I put it in?
Old 12-11-2007, 02:20 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tootall
The directions are not that clear either, there's a place in the install doc that talks about the serial number on the inside of the servo, when it's removed from the transmission. They'll say "use this for reference later." You'll see what I'm talking about later on. This is only if you're putting back in the stock servo. So whatever comes out, ignore it and use the numbers on the vette servo.

Hope this helps.
OK Thank-you ......I did read that and ws kinda confused .......makes sense now will use Vette numbers ......Thanks again
Old 12-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Launching!

Kind of a thread jack but does anyone have a .pdf install sheet for the transgo shift kit or maybe even a hard copy they would send me? I lost mine and am definitely screwed without it.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by redsilverado05
I have dyno tune already on my truck and my tranny already shifts pretty hard for a stock transmission. I just ordered my HD2 today, do you think it would be wise to have it retuned after I put it in?
yep . . . it shifts faster, get a live tune
Originally Posted by CDN SS
OK Thank-you ......I did read that and ws kinda confused .......makes sense now will use Vette numbers ......Thanks again
no problem
Originally Posted by aaronmc
Kind of a thread jack but does anyone have a .pdf install sheet for the transgo shift kit or maybe even a hard copy they would send me? I lost mine and am definitely screwed without it.
TransGo's website has it
Old 12-11-2007, 08:04 PM
Launching!

Couple Dumb questions but want to be clear .......last time I did a shift kit it was sp acer plate and a few check ***** .......this kit a little more complex ...........with reference to"vette servo" I bot .......assume same thing as what the transgo instruct call the 2nd piston and housing in the Band Adjust instruction part on page 1 .those are the parts I replace with Vette servo right....... and the number off the vette servo dictates the new accumualtor spring I use ......in my case number is "other " so white spring .........
Old 12-11-2007, 09:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tootall

TransGo's website has it
Got a link because I cant find anything really.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:40 AM
SyTy Speed Shop

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

www.transgo.com i believe
Old 12-12-2007, 02:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by HotRodV6
www.transgo.com i believe
I mean to the install sheet, I cant find it on the website.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:20 PM
formerly 1BADC10 (12/14/2011)

Originally Posted by aaronmc
I mean to the install sheet, I cant find it on the website.
Will have to check my install box (in the workshop). I'm sure I have the install directions. Can maybe scan and post images.

Quick Reply: Transgo Shift Kit 4l60e HD-2 Install ??