FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

NNBS Returnless Walbro 450, CTSV FSCM write up

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 12:16 AM
Un-Registered User

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default NNBS Returnless Walbro 450, CTSV FSCM write up

So, I got my 07 NNBS ECSB fuel system done using a Walbro450, 09+ Flexfuel bucket and an 09 CTSV FSCM. This subject has come up a lot recently and 0235SS93 got me in the right direction. I have since installed my turbo and now getting solid 75psi when going into high flow conditions via PWM. Furthermore, I did not cut up the bucket and can go WOT with the gas light on.

The fuel pump modules vary from year to year and depends on bed size as well as how many doors. The bucket I got was out of an 09 Crew Cab flex fuel. The important part is flexfuel because of Venturi location. Non-flex versions I looked at, had the Venturi coming off the bottom of the pump and some of the others that would not work were "aftermarket" pumps.

First was fitting the pump.

Here is the Flex Pump Bucket

Notice the black transfer tube in this picture. This is for the venturi. It supplies a small amount of fuel down to the bottom of the bucket in a port that is transferred to the Venturi shown in the next picture. There is a check valve in this tube to prevent pressure bleed off.

Here is the regulator side. Of important note the regulator is set at 520kpa and is factory stamped.

The pump is held in by the white plastic basket. They are heated and pressed into the top of the bucket. I just drilled them out. Be careful because the plastic on the bucket hat (black plastic) is a little brittle.

Now the pump is obviously larger so cutting is done here on the white basket.

Here is the old pump in the Basket.

Here is the new pump in the in the unmodified basket. Don't fit.

This is was the first trimming. I ended up having to cut more off the bottom for the pump to sit down lower in the bucket. Didn't get a pic of it but, you can see it in the next pictures

Next was routing where the lines would come out of the pump and back into the original pump inlet port on the fuel bucket hat section. Had to trim more of the white basket and just a small portion of the hat section. If you look closely, you can see my marks with a sharpie on the hat section. The line is in place of the route I went with it.

I used stainless screws and lock washers to bolt the pump basket back in place.

Now, you just need to put a clamp on the bottom of the pump. I may have gone overkill and the clamp I used made it a little more difficult to put the pump assy. back into the bucket but, it's not going anywhere.

Depending on where you get your pump, the wires will have to be tended to. I used what was in the kit and connectors/pins I had hanging around from my C10 build.

Last edited by mcfarlnd; 05-24-2017 at 12:32 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by mcfarlnd:
Choda (05-24-2017), gunter96ws6 (05-29-2017)
Old 05-24-2017, 12:17 AM
Un-Registered User

This connector I de-pinned came with my pump kit. Just put new pins on it and it connects directly to the pump.

At this point you can now put everything back together, remove your tank and install your pump assembly. For me I had to do some extra stuff. This part can be omitted if you get the right pump and it does not have broken tabs. I took the risk and got this bucket for free because the Junk yard I got it from was crushing all of the pumps with the forklift.

I had to swap over my fuel level sender, heavier gauge wire plug and the top because the arms were broken and springs were missing.

Here re I am comparing the plugs on the top. See the difference in wire size.

This is after i swapped the plugs

Here it is put back together and finishing the last wire. Guess I didn't get a good pic of it all together.

The following users liked this post:
Choda (05-24-2017)
Old 05-24-2017, 12:31 AM
Un-Registered User

As for the FSCM I got mine from ADM already programmed for the 09 CTSV. Certain trucks do not need to do this and can just re-program the current FSCM with HPtuners. If you need a FSCM the part number is 20759945. The only issue is the pressure sensor calibration is not correct for a 2007. They changed sensors in 08. New sensor part number is ACDelco 13500745. So, if you have a 2007 you more than likely will have to get the FSCM and pressure sensor.

Here is the FSCM and the torx bolts only need to be loosened and not removed. The have slots that allow it to insert, slide in and tighten down. (Think of hanging large picture frames with the recessed holes). It was a pain in the butt getting it out without removing the tire to find this out.

Old

New

I'll add screen shots of the tune portion later. Just posted all this on my phone and I'm done for the night.
The following 3 users liked this post by mcfarlnd:
About20ninj45 (05-24-2017), Auburn247 (05-24-2017), Choda (05-24-2017)
Old 05-24-2017, 01:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Awesome write up! This is much appreciated.
Old 05-24-2017, 06:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Subbed for info when I swap mine
Old 05-24-2017, 10:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn nice write up man this should help a ton!
Old 05-25-2017, 07:27 AM
Teching In

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I say sticky it for us nnbs guys because it is a damn nice write up
Old 05-25-2017, 10:42 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Auburn247
I say sticky it for us nnbs guys because it is a damn nice write up
Agreed
Old 05-25-2017, 11:13 AM
Un-Registered User

Thank y'all for the kind words.

For clarification purposes.

2007NNBS- Needs a different FSCM and Pressure Sender. The reason for the pressure sender is because of the calibration within the FSCM. When HPTuners finishes FSCM support for every OS, hopefully all that will be needed is copy and paste the parameters from a CTSV file and you can keep the sender parameters set up for the 07 sensor. The sender and FSCM was only needed because my 07 FSCM was not supported by HPTuners at the time I was doing this. They literally added FSCM support a week after I bought the CTSV FSCM. At this current time I am still unsure if it is supported yet.

2008-2014 NNBS- You should be able to just reprogram the FSCM with CTSV parameters (copy and paste). DO NOT WRITE A CTSV FILE TO YOUR FSCM!! ONLY COPY AND PASTE THE PARAMETERS OR YOU COULD POSSIBLY BRICK THE FSCM!!!!!!! This is due to the O/S differences and not a lot of info on what O/S is compatible with the FSCM.

Check your FSCM file before buying a new FSCM. You may have the parameters required in your file already. I have read a 2013 and a 2008 and sent them to support and they now have the same parameters.
The following users liked this post:
Last Call (05-25-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 06:33 PM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mcfarlnd
Thank y'all for the kind words.

For clarification purposes.

2007NNBS- Needs a different FSCM and Pressure Sender. The reason for the pressure sender is because of the calibration within the FSCM. When HPTuners finishes FSCM support for every OS, hopefully all that will be needed is copy and paste the parameters from a CTSV file and you can keep the sender parameters set up for the 07 sensor. The sender and FSCM was only needed because my 07 FSCM was not supported by HPTuners at the time I was doing this. They literally added FSCM support a week after I bought the CTSV FSCM. At this current time I am still unsure if it is supported yet.

2008-2014 NNBS- You should be able to just reprogram the FSCM with CTSV parameters (copy and paste). DO NOT WRITE A CTSV FILE TO YOUR FSCM!! ONLY COPY AND PASTE THE PARAMETERS OR YOU COULD POSSIBLY BRICK THE FSCM!!!!!!! This is due to the O/S differences and not a lot of info on what O/S is compatible with the FSCM.

Check your FSCM file before buying a new FSCM. You may have the parameters required in your file already. I have read a 2013 and a 2008 and sent them to support and they now have the same parameters.
This is great information!

My brother just upgraded his 08 Denali with a 2010 Flex Fuel Pump Assembly and getting a few FPCM codes. I'm new to HPT, so are you flashing just the FPCM file, or doing a cal only flash of the calibration with updated FPCM information?