FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

NNBS Returnless Walbro 450, CTSV FSCM write up

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 09:59 PM
Un-Registered User

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Last Call
So I heard back from HPT, there are limited parameters and DTCs available for my OS. I'm going to install the other FPCM and see if there are other parameters available there.

I think the two most important things I am missing:

Max desired pressure
Regulation pressure

If all else fails, I will update the following to see if there is a difference:

Openloop DC
Openloop DC Multiplier
Min DC
If it doesn't have those two, then what regulates the pressure request? If that's the case, in theory, you could just request 75psi in the ECU portion of the tune. And what is it referencing for low flow, etc.? Seems they just haven't tried to get the parameters decoded. 07-08 are weird years while they transitioned to 09 so, no telling what GM engineers did. That 2011 FSCM should have what you need.
Old 06-07-2017, 12:37 AM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mcfarlnd
If it doesn't have those two, then what regulates the pressure request? If that's the case, in theory, you could just request 75psi in the ECU portion of the tune. And what is it referencing for low flow, etc.? Seems they just haven't tried to get the parameters decoded. 07-08 are weird years while they transitioned to 09 so, no telling what GM engineers did. That 2011 FSCM should have what you need.
I read the other FPCM file and it didn't work. I think I'm doing something wrong though. I'm selecting do not read engine, do not read trans, and read FPCM. I'm getting the error message below.

I wrote back to HPT, hopefully they have some answers.

Doing a compare between an 08 (non-flex) and 2010 (flex), the low flow fuel pressure on the ECM side is the same (44 psi). Since I only changed the fuel pump, there has to be something going on with how the FPCM is running it. I'm going to do some logs to see what fuel pressure I'm getting in low flow conditions. I assume the closed loop control of the FPCM will make up for any variance though.
Attached Thumbnails NNBS Returnless Walbro 450, CTSV FSCM write up-img_1376.jpg  
Old 06-08-2017, 08:23 PM
Un-Registered User

I read the other FPCM file and it didn't work. I think I'm doing something wrong though. I'm selecting do not read engine, do not read trans, and read FPCM. I'm getting the error message below.

I wrote back to HPT, hopefully they have some answers.

Doing a compare between an 08 (non-flex) and 2010 (flex), the low flow fuel pressure on the ECM side is the same (44 psi). Since I only changed the fuel pump, there has to be something going on with how the FPCM is running it. I'm going to do some logs to see what fuel pressure I'm getting in low flow conditions. I assume the closed loop control of the FPCM will make up for any variance though.
That is just a read warning. It's basically telling you it is reading the O/S and generating a stock file. If someone else wrote to it, you will never know what was written to it by reading from the FSCM via HPTuners. Select ok and it will read it.
The following users liked this post:
Last Call (06-21-2017)
Old 06-21-2017, 10:40 AM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

So I got it to work. It was reading the FPCM info properly. I'm not sure what the issue was with the EBay FPCM modules, I read 2 of them, and they had the same data which was limited.

So I read a 2011 Silverado Flex Fuel and it had all the parameters I needed. I flashed that file into the 08 FPCM and all was good. So as long as you have a file with the required parameters (like the one posted in this thread), just flash that into the FPCM module.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:35 PM
Un-Registered User

So I got it to work. It was reading the FPCM info properly. I'm not sure what the issue was with the EBay FPCM modules, I read 2 of them, and they had the same data which was limited.

So I read a 2011 Silverado Flex Fuel and it had all the parameters I needed. I flashed that file into the 08 FPCM and all was good. So as long as you have a file with the required parameters (like the one posted in this thread), just flash that into the FPCM module.
Disclaimer: Please be careful with this, as some O/S are not compatible and could brick the FSCM.

Glad you could get it rolling!!!!

Last edited by mcfarlnd; 06-22-2017 at 05:37 AM.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:57 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a really awesome right up and im glad I ran across it. I have a few questions I hoped I could get answered. I am getting ready to do a Whipple build on my 2009 GMC Sierra Denali 6.2L (L92). I am going to be running the 2.3L Whipple with some Texas speed ls3 heads, blower cam, long tubes and it'll have some Bosch 63lbs injectors. Ill be trying to run around 12-14psi on the whipple. I have the Walbro 450 to install in the truck with the build and I have been told to go with a return style system in previous conversations, but after reading this I am curious if I can use this setup with my build and not have any issues??? please give me any feedback you can it would be very helpful. thanks
Old 07-24-2017, 09:41 AM
Un-Registered User

I'm at 10psi on CTSV injectors with no issues. Have ran this setup back and forth from Louisiana to Texas without problem.
Old 07-26-2017, 08:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcfarlnd
I'm at 10psi on CTSV injectors with no issues. Have ran this setup back and forth from Louisiana to Texas without problem.
how much power did you end up putting down this route? And how much more room to grow do you have if there is any?
Old 12-21-2017, 05:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, Im interested to know what kind of power level this will support before it starts to loose fuel pressure. My 2011 flex fuel has been converted to return style using a single walbro 450 with a MSD boost pump that increases voltage with boost. Of course I did this years ago before we could figure out how to get the returnless system to work with higher boost levels and thus have a gutted bucket and start having issues below a 1/4 tank. Id be willing to get a new bucket and convert back to a returnless system just to have the venturi back if someone can prove it to support 700-800 whp without loosing pressure. Hell, Id probably re-coupe a few bucks just selling all my return system stuff pump.
Old 01-30-2018, 10:26 AM
Un-Registered User

Still haven’t thrown it on the Dyno yet. Too much going on for me to get a chance to do it. I can tell you it’s still working like a champ.