FUEL SYSTEMS For things such as pumps, lines, set-ups, line routing, fuel cell mounting, etc.,etc....all fuel related discussions!

NNBS Returnless Walbro 450, CTSV FSCM write up

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 09:52 PM
Un-Registered User

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Last Call
This is great information!

My brother just upgraded his 08 Denali with a 2010 Flex Fuel Pump Assembly and getting a few FPCM codes. I'm new to HPT, so are you flashing just the FPCM file, or doing a cal only flash of the calibration with updated FPCM information?
Not sure I understand what you are asking? Your options are: write entire, write calibration or do not write. I only write calibration. If you don't mind me asking, what are the codes your brother is getting? What is the part number of the FSCM?
Old 05-25-2017, 10:54 PM
Un-Registered User

For the tuning portion of this, it is just a matter of opening your tune then the 09 CTSV as a compare file. The desired pressure tables, i have changed and are a mix of my stock file as well as the high flow pressure, i have set at 75 psi. You can work these tables to whatever you are wanting to achieve. Just remember, if you are wanting to achieve a certain pressure in the ECM, ensure the FSCM portion will allow it. Think of the ECM as the requester and the FSCM as the ultimate decision maker.

I am attaching two CTSV files. The one labeled 1358810452.hpt was taken from the HPtuners repository. The other labeled 09 CTSV FSCM that is from my truck after installation of the CTSV FSCM.

1358810452.hpt 2009 CTSV ECM Only
09 CTSV FSCM.hpt 2009 CTSV FSCM Only

You can see the tables that differ by the green tabs. Copy from the CTSV and paste the parameters to your tune.

First is the ECU which will be required by anyone doing this mod regardless if you purchased a new programed FSCM or not. Copy and paste the red circled tables.

NNBS Returnless Walbro 450, CTSV FSCM write up-fuel-system-write-up-ecm.jpg

Here is how i currently have my desired pressure tables set up.

NNBS Returnless Walbro 450, CTSV FSCM write up-fuel-system-write-up-ecm-desired.jpg

Under System there is a fuel system voltage tab. Copy and paste this table.

NNBS Returnless Walbro 450, CTSV FSCM write up-fuel-system-write-up-ecm-voltage.jpg

Now, for the FSCM. This is only required if you didnt buy the new programmed FSCM. Again, copy and paste the red circled tables to your tune from the CTSV tune.

NNBS Returnless Walbro 450, CTSV FSCM write up-fuel-system-write-up-fscm.jpg

Now go and log it to verify operation and you now have a fuel system that will handle, i have no clue how much power I do know its working great on my turbo 4.8 with CTSV injectors. Hopefully others with more power will find the limit at some point and can post here. If, one of the mods can sticky this.... that would be awesome. Let me know if there are any questions.
Old 05-25-2017, 11:32 PM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mcfarlnd
Not sure I understand what you are asking? Your options are: write entire, write calibration or do not write. I only write calibration. If you don't mind me asking, what are the codes your brother is getting? What is the part number of the FSCM?
I have HPT 3.4, that is why I cannot access the FPCM tables. I'm going to email HPT support in a few minutes. I didn't know if 3.5 had something to write just the FPCM, which it doesn't.

It's an 08 Sierra Denali 6.2
Pump is the AC Delco MU2142 (from a 2010 Sierra Denali 6.2 L9H)
FPCM that DID NOT work: 20898936 (from a 2010 Sierra Denali 6.2 L9H)

After that did not work, I realized that the FPCM's were broken out by trailer brake (Option JL1) and no trailer brake. His truck doesn't have a trailer brake, so we ordered FPCM 20791901/20877116 (2010 Sierra without JL1). I don't think it's because of the trailer brake, but that is the only difference.

With all that said, I had HPT and could have flashed it. lol I use EFILive, but bought HPT to learn some of the new stuff. Guess I should use it more.

Codes were: P069E and P2635 (immediately after the new fuel pump was installed).
Old 05-26-2017, 07:51 AM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Seems like you really have this figured out. Very impressive and im sure youll be getting a lot of credit for all your help
Old 05-26-2017, 09:10 AM
Un-Registered User

I have HPT 3.4, that is why I cannot access the FPCM tables. I'm going to email HPT support in a few minutes. I didn't know if 3.5 had something to write just the FPCM, which it doesn't.

It's an 08 Sierra Denali 6.2
Pump is the AC Delco MU2142 (from a 2010 Sierra Denali 6.2 L9H)
FPCM that DID NOT work: 20898936 (from a 2010 Sierra Denali 6.2 L9H)

After that did not work, I realized that the FPCM's were broken out by trailer brake (Option JL1) and no trailer brake. His truck doesn't have a trailer brake, so we ordered FPCM 20791901/20877116 (2010 Sierra without JL1). I don't think it's because of the trailer brake, but that is the only difference.

With all that said, I had HPT and could have flashed it. lol I use EFILive, but bought HPT to learn some of the new stuff. Guess I should use it more.

Codes were: P069E and P2635 (immediately after the new fuel pump was installed).
Focus on the P2635 Low Flow. P069E just sets anytime the FSCM sets a code. I had the same codes when I used the CTSV desired pressure tables in the ECM. Also, there are fuel trims in the FSCM, similar to your closed loop function in the ECM. This is why I say, make sure what your requesting in the ECM (desired) jives with what the FSCM will allow. You can log these trims in HPTuners. There are a few options for logging if you go to the FSCM portion in the parameters list. They are working to add more in the distant future.

The FSCM part numbers and operating systems in these trucks are all over the place. For instance, Trailer brakes that you mentioned. This is why we are not flashing the CTSV OS and just changing the calibration. Either one of those FSCMs should work although I would try to use the original.

FYI, after you get the BETA, to see the FSCM data, you must to do a read entire from it before the tables will show up. It generates the file for you from the VIN stored inside the FSCM and will only give you a stock file. I keep the FSCM portion separate from the truck file.

Last edited by mcfarlnd; 05-26-2017 at 09:30 AM.
Old 05-31-2017, 02:34 PM

Thanks for posting back, finally getting around to this.

FPCM 20791901 generated the same codes, so the trailer brake option does not affect anything.

I compared the 2008 Denali tune (L92) to a 2010 Denali (L9H) in HPT. The only difference in the ECM is the default pressure.

I'm going to download the FPCM info from my 2011 Tahoe Flex-fuel and compare that to the info he has with the stock 08 FPCM. I could not compare FPCM info on the two files you had posted. I think because the stock V tune was not read with Beta.

I plan to use the 2011 FPCM settings in the 2008 FPCM. Hopefully it cures the low flow code. Will respond back either way.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:00 AM

So I got the HPT Beta and installed it. Read the tune with it and I think there are a few items missing. Namely the "Fuel Pressure" values from FPCM. I assume that HPT has not defined them yet? I pasted a picture of what the read looks like below:

NNBS Returnless Walbro 450, CTSV FSCM write up-hpt-fpcm-screenshot.jpg

I'm going to update the FPCM with the "Fuel Pump" values. But considering I'm getting a low fuel flow code, I think the changes need to be made to the pressure portion of the FPCM. Which of course I don't have right now!!
Old 06-01-2017, 10:13 AM
Un-Registered User

Thanks for posting back, finally getting around to this.

FPCM 20791901 generated the same codes, so the trailer brake option does not affect anything.

I compared the 2008 Denali tune (L92) to a 2010 Denali (L9H) in HPT. The only difference in the ECM is the default pressure.

I'm going to download the FPCM info from my 2011 Tahoe Flex-fuel and compare that to the info he has with the stock 08 FPCM. I could not compare FPCM info on the two files you had posted. I think because the stock V tune was not read with Beta.

I plan to use the 2011 FPCM settings in the 2008 FPCM. Hopefully it cures the low flow code. Will respond back either way.
Not sure why you could not compare? The FSCM can only be read by BETA so, I can assure you that's not the issue. Unless you were trying to compare the 09 CTSV ECU file. There are 2 tune files that were posted. The FSCM is separated from the ECU file because I don't want to have to select "do not write" for the FSCM every time I am tuning a vehicle. The low flow may be due to the fuel pump trims trying to work themselves out.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:19 AM
Un-Registered User

So I got the HPT Beta and installed it. Read the tune with it and I think there are a few items missing. Namely the "Fuel Pressure" values from FPCM. I assume that HPT has not defined them yet? I pasted a picture of what the read looks like below:

Attachment 80497

I'm going to update the FPCM with the "Fuel Pump" values. But considering I'm getting a low fuel flow code, I think the changes need to be made to the pressure portion of the FPCM. Which of course I don't have right now!!
Send the tune file to support to get the parameters you need. Again, there are a lot of different OS for these that have not been seen by HP. The more we send in, the more we will be able to write.
Old 06-05-2017, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by mcfarlnd
Send the tune file to support to get the parameters you need. Again, there are a lot of different OS for these that have not been seen by HP. The more we send in, the more we will be able to write.
So I heard back from HPT, there are limited parameters and DTCs available for my OS. I'm going to install the other FPCM and see if there are other parameters available there.

I think the two most important things I am missing:

Max desired pressure
Regulation pressure

If all else fails, I will update the following to see if there is a difference:

Openloop DC
Openloop DC Multiplier
Min DC