FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

NNBS 2007+: TVS 1900 S/C Kit, what will I need to do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 02:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question NNBS 2007+: TVS 1900 S/C Kit, what will I need to do?

Hey fellas...

Well i've eyed a good deal on a kit.
I know there is ia similar thread about this, but it's kind of filled with irrelavent information.

I have a 2008 Silverado Ext. Cab - 2wd - 3.73 - 4-Spd

The kit is described below....

Installation:

4-6 hour total install time
Not required to drain cooling system
Not required to cut or modify base vehicle
Vehicle can be returned to stock if required

Included:
  • Supercharger/Manifold Package
  • Low Temp Intercooler Radiator
  • Intercooler Reservoir
  • Mounting and Wiring Hardware
  • New Accessory Drive Hardware and Belt
  • High-Flow Fuel Injectors - 42 Lb Per Hour
  • Colder Heat Range Spark Plugs
  • New Supercharger to Airbox Intake Tube
  • Customers must purchase the following two items, from their local dealer, not included in this kit:
  • TMAP Sensor (GM P/N: 90423637) TMAP Wiring Jumper (GM P/N: 88988320)
  • It is suggested that customers also purchase the following from their local dealer:Intake Gasket Kit (GM P/N: 89060413)
  • Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump - Is Strongly Suggested

My question is can i install this on stock engine/tranny and expect it to last a while before i can dish out more $ for tranny/engine enhancements?

Do you guys suggest going with the Kenne bell boost-a-pump or just upgrade the fuel pump with something made to handle a s/c?

any tips or suggestions before spending money? i know a tune is needed afterwards, anything else that i didn't catch?

i don't plan on racing with it, just to have some extra power. daily driving mostly.

Old 02-17-2010, 03:12 PM
TECH Resident

1.) Buy it first (LOL)
2.) Not sure on the fuel pump, Magnavolt I think could work instead.
3.) You will eventually need to upgrade the tranny. If you have the funds, get a shift kit and servos installed, that will get you going for awhile until you start getting a lead foot and burn the tranny.
4.) Contact Justin from Blackbear about the Tune.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:25 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS
1.) Buy it first (LOL)
2.) Not sure on the fuel pump, Magnavolt I think could work instead.
3.) You will eventually need to upgrade the tranny. If you have the funds, get a shift kit and servos installed, that will get you going for awhile until you start getting a lead foot and burn the tranny.
4.) Contact Justin from Blackbear about the Tune.
yes, i should buy it first

2.) I guess i'll have to research what fuel pump is best

3.) I have a vette servo now, so will i need the full line to complete the servo's and how much is a decent shift kit?

4.) Justin is coming to houston this weekend, but he is booked and i don't have s/c with me. HOWEVER, wheatley lives 10 minutes away.

it'd be pretty cool for me if you install it on your wife's burban. that way i have somone to kind of follow along with .. ha ha ha
Old 02-17-2010, 03:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by a_guerrajr
yes, i should buy it first

2.) I guess i'll have to research what fuel pump is best

3.) I have a vette servo now, so will i need the full line to complete the servo's and how much is a decent shift kit?

4.) Justin is coming to houston this weekend, but he is booked and i don't have s/c with me. HOWEVER, wheatley lives 10 minutes away.

it'd be pretty cool for me if you install it on your wife's burban. that way i have somone to kind of follow along with .. ha ha ha
You should do OK with the servo you have. More is better, but I can only vouch on what I have been told and what I have experienced. My tranny was stock and it held up fine, but then again I didn't rack up alot of miles on it and I certainly didn't get crazy with it. Under normal driving, you should be fine until you recoup funds for a built one.

per the previous post on the other thread, when looking at this blower it looks almost identical to the TVS1900 with the exception of the intake manifold. I think that is the difference. I am not an expert tho, lol, far from it.

If you follow the instructions on Magnachargers website for install of the TVS1900 on a NNBS vehicle, it should be word for word. I would venture to say that there magnavolt system would be alot easier to do than installing a new fuel pump. I believe the fuel pumps in the stock NNBS trucks are sufficient enough for this with the assistance of the magnavolt.

I would love to install this on my wife's burban, might have to. We'll see...
Old 02-17-2010, 03:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

The stock pump will feed quite a bit of power.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS
You should do OK with the servo you have. More is better, but I can only vouch on what I have been told and what I have experienced. My tranny was stock and it held up fine, but then again I didn't rack up alot of miles on it and I certainly didn't get crazy with it. Under normal driving, you should be fine until you recoup funds for a built one.

per the previous post on the other thread, when looking at this blower it looks almost identical to the TVS1900 with the exception of the intake manifold. I think that is the difference. I am not an expert tho, lol, far from it.

If you follow the instructions on Magnachargers website for install of the TVS1900 on a NNBS vehicle, it should be word for word. I would venture to say that there magnavolt system would be alot easier to do than installing a new fuel pump. I believe the fuel pumps in the stock NNBS trucks are sufficient enough for this with the assistance of the magnavolt.

I would love to install this on my wife's burban, might have to. We'll see...
THanks, i'll look into the Magnavolt, sounds like the Kenne Bell deal.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:54 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by a_guerrajr
THanks, i'll look into the Magnavolt, sounds like the Kenne Bell deal.
ah, ok, i was not familiar with the Kenne Bell. I am a Magnacharger guy, so I back their products.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:32 PM
TECH Regular

if you have a flex fuel truck, your fuel pump will run it without any additional hardware needed.

Count on your tranny needing work if you plan on running a smaller pulley....
Old 02-19-2010, 03:32 PM

I just picked up the same kit and I'm trying to find someone to do the tune for me also. My kit will be here on monday. I've got a Blackbear tune on my truck already so I'll try and go that route. I've got the flex fuel motor so hopefully I'll be fine with the stock fuel pump.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:12 PM
TECH Resident

Have Justin tune is bud. He did all my tunes, supercharged and not. Tune was spot on.

Quick Reply: NNBS 2007+: TVS 1900 S/C Kit, what will I need to do?