FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

Looking for intercooler options

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 09:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 95TwinTT
I’m sure you could find a place for the spray nozzle, downstream from the MAF.

I have been using Meth for three years now and no sign of problems with the IAT.

Just added alcohol to my Camaro this past year. It already had a liquid to air after cooler, but the alcohol allows me to get by with 92 octane instead of the race gas @ 15 psi boost.
My question is I read posts in which guys talk about IATs dropping when they spray the meth...well if it's post MAF, how am I measuring IATs to correctly adjust the tune, ya know?

IAT relocate post meth nozzle?
Old 08-25-2009, 11:14 PM

You also have a MAP sensor. That should compensate for density difference for the cooler air.

I don’t use a MAF sensor. To me the important battle is “pinging”. Pre ignition can do a lot of damage, not to mention sapping the power.

On my after cooler, I added a temp sensor for the coolant. The system is perfect for cruising and running on the strip, but for road racing, it gets “heat soaked” in a short time.
Old 08-26-2009, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 95TwinTT
You also have a MAP sensor. That should compensate for density difference for the cooler air.

I don’t use a MAF sensor. To me the important battle is “pinging”. Pre ignition can do a lot of damage, not to mention sapping the power.

On my after cooler, I added a temp sensor for the coolant. The system is perfect for cruising and running on the strip, but for road racing, it gets “heat soaked” in a short time.
I have a dashdaq(.com) account and aem (gauge, filter) account as well.

Long story short, I am testing those two devices and would also be testing an AEM coolant gauge (0-5v AND serial output---dashdaq does 0-5v input AND serial!) as well...so I would 100% for sure have a water temp sensor in the coolant (IC) circuit...especially for datalogging as well.

Interesting on the MAP, I will keep that in mind.

Now--slightly changing gears, can the Trick Flow A/C circuit be used on N/a intake models?

-Mike