FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

20psi 180 IAT's =not that fast

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 04:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silveradol33
I don't care if its a truck or car, heavy or light you do not race at low rpm.
Very correct. But, if you spend all of your time at high rpm, you get tickets or busted parts. I'd rather have the "push" where I can use it whenever I want.
Old 11-01-2009, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hemidup
My truck weighs in at 5166 lbs....Ain't no lag with my Paxton.
shh all they know is maggie's and tvs......

I will admit the paxton isn't ideal for low end towing power
Old 11-01-2009, 04:55 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Y2KLimited
Then again, neither is gasoline.

Haha let the begin.

Dennis, sorry to hear you are having such a frustrating go of it! Are you running any meth? Doesn't sound like you are with those IATs?

I'm wondering a couple of things -- I can't help with the sc and ic setup, so I'll let the experts suggest things there. I think your exhaust might be a contributor as mentioned (do you have the nylon gears in your cut outs? I had to pay for steel gears...). Also, cam timing might be causing this, but I'd think you'd notice that right off that bat. How's your fueling and FP?
Old 11-01-2009, 06:40 PM
TECH Resident

Hey Eric! All is good..

The hard parts of my setup with the possible exception of the heat exchanger and radiator are the right ones.

I'm running 100% E85 so obviously I've got some issues. The ECT climbs with the IAT went back and looked at my log and the ECT was 232 by the end of the run. Hey maybe my WP pulley is slipping now I'm going to start with making some changes to the heat exchanger setup and see if that points me in the right direction. I'm sure it won't be difficult to chase down. It's just that its been months of fiddle friking around. And I was hopeful that with the belt issues resolved I'd be able to run it. So the tracks are all closed around here and I started the project before summer started. Next time I'll wait for all the parts to arrive before scheduling time to work on it.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by leftcoast32
You should have called when you were installing the 8 rib.
You had the upgraded tensioner already
You didnt have the support barcket for the back of it to the head.
That causes a flex in the tensioner bracket.
The flex takes out the belt and has a tendency to rip off or fracture pulley's when it gets behind them.

Please feel free to call me with questions, I am here to support the products we sell. I hate to hear that you had that many problems when it should have been an easy install and run.

Joe, I bought the pulleys from you and yes it would have been nice if you had mentioned the tensioner bracket but you didn't. I'm sure it was probably just an oversight on your part. My opinion is that the tensioner bracket was probably the problem from the very beginning. But that's about all the nice I have left in me for the day. So comment on this at your own risk.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Y2KLimited
shh all they know is maggie's and tvs......

I don't tow with my Paxton...just haul azz.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by MNC5
...I'm running 100% E85 so obviously I've got some issues...
Oh, I thought I had an idea you might not have thought of.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:11 PM
TECH Resident

If you could tune that thing like we can you'd really fly! You truck hauls azz for sure.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hemidup
I don't tow with my Paxton...just haul azz.
well I tow the paxton'd vette and the NA vette with the formerly paxton'd sub...so it does the hauling, and it does fit more azzes..........but in comparison the vettes kinda haul more azz, something about being half the weight comes into play....
Old 11-02-2009, 09:59 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by MNC5
Joe, I bought the pulleys from you and yes it would have been nice if you had mentioned the tensioner bracket but you didn't. I'm sure it was probably just an oversight on your part. My opinion is that the tensioner bracket was probably the problem from the very beginning. But that's about all the nice I have left in me for the day. So comment on this at your own risk.
Look at your thread and your posts?? You keep trying to put blame on everyone else when you obviously have troubledoing something. If you dont know how to do something and dont want to ask then maybe it would be best to pay someone to do the work for you. I nor anyone else I know is a mind reader. If you dont call and ask a question how do you expect to get an answer? That is about as nice as I can put it.

Last edited by leftcoast32; 11-02-2009 at 10:24 AM.

Quick Reply: 20psi 180 IAT's =not that fast