FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

20psi 180 IAT's =not that fast

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 11:50 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scooter k
What belt problems do you have? I bought an Innovators 8 rib setup from Joe and have about 600 miles on it. Bolted right up with no problems. My IAT's are really low but not running the boost you are. I'm running 11psi.
You have a front drive and purchased a kit.

1st the WP pulley came off
2nd Welded it on
3rd Broke the weld and a few other things
4th Tension er spring broke
5th. Purchased All new Pulleys and started over.
6th. New Power steering pulley developed a fracture and left the vehicle at a high rate of speed.
7th. New Alt pulley wasn't machined properly and wobbled. Not bad at idle but would throw a 8 rib belt. Replaced it with the old pulley.
8th. Belts kept coming off on decel, not ever time but even a couple of times is to much. SuperSub offered a solution that worked and allowed me to make a 1/4 mile Gtech blast w/o the belt coming off.

I was running a 1900 at 12psi and didn't have any IAT or belt issues. The IAT problem is probably something simple like a bubble or possible a kinked line from one of the belt issues. I'll get it all ironed out.. then I'll consider selling it and going back a car project.

I went out in the garage and looked at my truck and discovered my high IAT problem. It appears to be airflow related.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
Centrifugal = All the lag of a turbo, with all the belt slip of a supercharger...
There is a shop close to me that does a lot of them on Corvette's without issues. A couple are in the 800+rwhp area and have been problem free. I'm thinking of picking up a C6 if the right deal comes along.

I'd also have to call BS on the lag for at least the one's I've driven or ridden in around here.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:08 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Gotta love the title of the thread I think you are experiencing the highest IAT's I have ever heard of. I would suggest looking for some issues with the intercooler system, I have seen the intercoolers get air in the system and not work at all.

That being said, I would not expect them to be much higher than 50 over ambient and they should come immediately down after a pull.

have you inspected the IAT sensor connection? Hell even Zippy would admit that is high for this set up.
Don't really give a **** what you think of the title. Nothings wrong with the blower. It's a high quality piece and I like it. Just have another gremlin to chase, that happens when a project sits for weeks waiting for parts and/or the time to work on it. Time has been my biggest issue. I really only have part of Saturdays to fart with it and over the summer it seemed like everyone was getting married or having a baptism. So it sat alot. I'm going to try and work on it this week for at least a couple of hours and see what .02 cent part is friking up my ride.

It should move along pretty good once it's dialed in with more timing and lower IAT's I did gTech the run, but had traction problems because it's pretty cool up here in MN
Old 11-01-2009, 07:15 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by MNC5
Finally got the belt issues figured out and was able to stand on it without the belt coming off or apart.

Makes a bunch of boost but it isn't that fast. I actually liked the 1900 better. So 20lbs with 15 degrees of timing should be fast right. Mid elevens on my GTech on the single run I used it for. I think that's slow for this setup.

Wish I would have kept the 1900 and just squeezed a 100 shot on it. Would have had a 10 second truck without all of the b.s. the 2300 has been. To get this setup into the 10's I feel like I'll need a 30% downhill grade.. I should be happy that I didn't loose another belt and/or pulley today I guess.

If anyone is interested I'm thinking of ditching the 2300 and going to a centri. All offers considered
I say turbo that **** and get a huge intercooler but if your hellbent on keeping the heat factory, i'd suggest getting rid of your chambered mufflers and adding 2 3" single in/ single out magnaflows..

Last edited by Toomnymods; 11-01-2009 at 07:22 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:54 AM
FormerVendor

1st the WP pulley came off
2nd Welded it on
3rd Broke the weld and a few other things
4th Tension er spring broke
5th. Purchased All new Pulleys and started over.
6th. New Power steering pulley developed a fracture and left the vehicle at a high rate of speed.
7th. New Alt pulley wasn't machined properly and wobbled. Not bad at idle but would throw a 8 rib belt. Replaced it with the old pulley.
8th. Belts kept coming off on decel, not ever time but even a couple of times is to much. SuperSub offered a solution that worked and allowed me to make a 1/4 mile Gtech blast w/o the belt coming off.
You should have called when you were installing the 8 rib.
You had the upgraded tensioner already
You didnt have the support barcket for the back of it to the head.
That causes a flex in the tensioner bracket.
The flex takes out the belt and has a tendency to rip off or fracture pulley's when it gets behind them.

Please feel free to call me with questions, I am here to support the products we sell. I hate to hear that you had that many problems when it should have been an easy install and run.

Last edited by leftcoast32; 11-01-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:46 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a shop close to me that does a lot of them on Corvette's without issues. A couple are in the 800+rwhp area and have been problem free. I'm thinking of picking up a C6 if the right deal comes along.

I'd also have to call BS on the lag for at least the one's I've driven or ridden in around here.
Centrifugal are just like any other FI. They have there weak points. If you have a light car, that needs super smooth road course power delivery, and ultra high rpm power, then yea, a centrifugal is a good choice.... In a 5000+ pound drag truck..... not so much......

Find the issue with you blower, or sell it a buy a turbo....
Old 11-01-2009, 09:36 AM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Find the issue with you blower, or sell it a buy a turbo....
Yeah that will fix everything Such sound advice, exactly what I would expect from a wiener like you
Old 11-01-2009, 10:16 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
Yeah that will fix everything Such sound advice, exactly what I would expect from a wiener like you
I did say to fix the blower first....
Old 11-01-2009, 02:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Centrifugal are just like any other FI. They have there weak points. If you have a light car, that needs super smooth road course power delivery, and ultra high rpm power, then yea, a centrifugal is a good choice.... In a 5000+ pound drag truck..... not so much.....
My truck weighs in at 5166 lbs....Ain't no lag with my Paxton.
Old 11-01-2009, 02:47 PM
TECH Regular

I don't care if its a truck or car, heavy or light you do not race at low rpm.

Quick Reply: 20psi 180 IAT's =not that fast