FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

20psi 180 IAT's =not that fast

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 10:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very impressive IAT number for sure. That is very high for sure. It's hard to compare IAT's with others when IAT numbers depend on how long the run is for. If you are seeing numbers in the 180 degree range how low were they when you started and how many seconds were you wide open. Your only similar comparison is Joe's TBSS (365 with big boost TVS2300). How big is the gain in IAT's from a full quarter mile pass (G-tech or other) in Joe's TBSS or on the street a full 0-120 run. If you're way higher than him on a full run like that then you may have some weird cooling issue with the intercooler. You'd have to compare notes/logs with wide open runs and amount of time at wide open/under full boost. Your engine temps going up like that is high for sure. This kind of thing is why I was wondering if you were going to start out at like 12psi with the 2300 and work your way up. Now you don't know if it's much faster at 20psi as compared to 12psi or even 15psi. I think you bought the right blower. I just think you're running it at the wrong boost levels.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by leftcoast32
Look at your thread and your posts?? You keep trying to put blame on everyone else when you obviously have troubledoing something. If you dont know how to do something and dont want to ask then maybe it would be best to pay someone to do the work for you. I nor anyone else I know is a mind reader. If you dont call and ask a question how do you expect to get an answer? That is about as nice as I can put it.
First, I don't think it will be to hard to figure out what's causing the problem. If it looked like I was blaming you for my pulley problems I apologize. But I don't consider you an answer guy, to me your more of a salesman.

I haven't really run into anything I haven't known how to do. Mostly its just a time thing. And a little bit of knowing what to do when it came to the tensioner bracket I guess.

You've got a nice TBSS and I'm sure you do great work but when it comes to you I'm moving on.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:48 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by zippy
Very impressive IAT number for sure. That is very high for sure. It's hard to compare IAT's with others when IAT numbers depend on how long the run is for. If you are seeing numbers in the 180 degree range how low were they when you started and how many seconds were you wide open. Your only similar comparison is Joe's TBSS (365 with big boost TVS2300). How big is the gain in IAT's from a full quarter mile pass (G-tech or other) in Joe's TBSS or on the street a full 0-120 run. If you're way higher than him on a full run like that then you may have some weird cooling issue with the intercooler. You'd have to compare notes/logs with wide open runs and amount of time at wide open/under full boost. Your engine temps going up like that is high for sure. This kind of thing is why I was wondering if you were going to start out at like 12psi with the 2300 and work your way up. Now you don't know if it's much faster at 20psi as compared to 12psi or even 15psi. I think you bought the right blower. I just think you're running it at the wrong boost levels.
Hey Zippy, I really think the 2300 will be able to supply 20psi with out the high IAT's. Previously I was at just over 18psi and extra 2psi might have been a result of the high IAT.

I had made some runs where the belt came off after the run and my IAT's were in the 130 range at the end so I know its I intercooler or heat exchanger issue. The IC pump runs but I'm not sure if its pushing enough fluid. I'm going to see if I can get it diagnosed tonight.

My GTech run was 11.6 with a 2.3 60' and 127mph on the big end.

Last edited by MNC5; 11-02-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I first assemblied mine it had air in it and I couldn't get it to circulate. You could look and see nothing moving but hear pump working. I took the bleeder screw out of intercooler and applied vacuum to it like you would when bleeding brakes. Once I drew some coolant out it started to circulate.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have always thought Joe was more of an answer guy. He will sell you whatever you need and has always been there for support. I have sent him countless emails and he always replys. Now sometimes he might get kind of pissy because I flood his mailbox with too many emails and he can't keep up typing but he always helps out in whatever way he can.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by scooter k
I have always thought Joe was more of an answer guy. He will sell you whatever you need and has always been there for support. I have sent him countless emails and he always replys. Now sometimes he might get kind of pissy because I flood his mailbox with too many emails and he can't keep up typing but he always helps out in whatever way he can.

Glad he was there to help you. I don't have a beef with the guy. He just isn't someone I'll do business with again.
Old 11-02-2009, 05:50 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MNC5
Wish I would have kept the 1900 and just squeezed a 100 shot on it. Would have had a 10 second truck without all of the b.s. the 2300 has been. To get this setup into the 10's I feel like I'll need a 30% downhill grade.. I should be happy that I didn't loose another belt and/or pulley today I guess.

If anyone is interested I'm thinking of ditching the 2300 and going to a centri. All offers considered
I wouldn't mind trading with ya lol
Old 11-02-2009, 06:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wondering....are you the same guy who insisted on building his own rear-mount system, then saying in retrospect it wasn't such a good idea?

Just curious...
Old 11-02-2009, 06:30 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by hemidup
My truck weighs in at 5166 lbs....Ain't no lag with my Paxton.

Yeah there Is!!!!! on the big end!!!!

Next time we go to the track. While I am haulling your bottles, Im gonna empty em laughing all the way there Knowing i will have you then.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MNC5

Glad he was there to help you. I don't have a beef with the guy. He just isn't someone I'll do business with again.
You must have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed again this morning??
Try moving your bed to the other wall???

Quick Reply: 20psi 180 IAT's =not that fast