Western CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, HI, AK

How hard is it to pass emissions and registration in WA or OR

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 01:58 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How hard is it to pass emissions and registration in WA or OR

As I am somewhat close to CA and all the emissions crap. I'm really worried. I have a 01 and just moved to WA/OR area and well my truck has no CEL on so that's good, but I have longtube headers and a ORY pipe with no converters. My windows are also illegal. I know I need more meat on my tires to even pass as well.

I know lots of shop owners that helped me thee the process if you know what I mean. But seems like in OR and WA they are state owned shops that must do the inspection. That is what scares me.

Are they going to tell me buy a new truck??
Old 11-09-2011, 02:01 AM
TECH Resident

Never in life had to pay $60 for a driver licence. I'm starting to rethink the move. I also need to transfer registration, tag etc

If someone know what state is better or easier for my success please post or shoot me a pm
Old 11-09-2011, 09:56 PM
TECH Resident

no one?? just what i thought.... f$#k!
Old 11-10-2011, 01:15 AM
TOWN CRIER

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Drove my truck around for 7 months in the Seattle area with a Tennessee tag last year and didn't get stopped or anything. Not sure how long/why you'll be there but figured it wouldn't hurt to know.

That part of the country is expensive as hell... not just for cars, but housing, taxes... everything. Glad my move there was only temporary, I had to dip in to my savings just to get by... F that.
Old 11-10-2011, 02:00 AM
TECH Resident

^^^ funny you mentioned that, cause knock on wood, Ive been here 3-4 months already. and they just look the opposite way. And I know for a fact I have issues with my tag. Honestly Im going to try, to get it registered, but Im going to have to redo exhaust, add 2 cats, to the LTs, and pull my tints off if I have to, just put them back on afterwards. Not sure.
Old 11-10-2011, 06:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Michigan is cheep and no emissions or anything? Are you basing where you wanna live strictly by your vehicles acceptance? Are u planning on staying in Wa/Or for a long time?
Old 11-10-2011, 05:16 PM
TECH Resident

Im going to be here for a while, especially if I land that 30$ per hr job.. I just have to stick it out, but its going to turn my DD into a weekend toy.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:04 PM
Teching In

well it all depends on where you live. i have live in kitsap county for 4 years now and kitsap county doesnt have emissions. i can up here from cali as well do to he navy and i have never had a problem or a car inspection. i have had a lot of freind with well lets just say they wouldnt be legal in most states and they never got crap for driving on base. all i did was go to get my new registration. but i can say that if you live in tacoma, seattle, everett areas then you will have emissions. the way the state see's it is in the high traffic cities thats where they have way more strickter emissions laws hope this helps i think OR is the same way not to sure
Old 12-04-2011, 07:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 03z71 silverado
well it all depends on where you live. i have live in kitsap county for 4 years now and kitsap county doesnt have emissions. i can up here from cali as well do to he navy and i have never had a problem or a car inspection. i have had a lot of freind with well lets just say they wouldnt be legal in most states and they never got crap for driving on base. all i did was go to get my new registration. but i can say that if you live in tacoma, seattle, everett areas then you will have emissions. the way the state see's it is in the high traffic cities thats where they have way more strickter emissions laws hope this helps i think OR is the same way not to sure
this is true, i used to live not too far from kitsap co. and if u live over the purdy spit u dont have to pass, or even take the emissions test, at least this was true like 10 years ago not sure about now but i know one thing ca sucks as far as registration and smog goes