Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

WHat could it be? help

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question WHat could it be? help

Ok heres the deal.. ive been having problems with my truck.. my tuner set the shift points at 6200 rpm.. but it wont shift pass 5800 rpm. It sounds like its redlining.. but my tuner says it aint hittin the rev limiter in other words it aint redlining.. Theres also no slipping in the tranny and i dont smell burnt cluches... But the worst part is that he doesnt get no codes on the computer.. What could it be? Something in the tranny some tell me its the Stall other that it may be a sensor like the Tps or Crank position sensor>? any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.. and sorry for the long thread.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:39 PM
On The Tree

Be sure to check every table that involves any shift points, even part throttle shift speeds and RPM limits, I went around and around with my tune with about the same issues.

Good luck
Old 01-03-2012, 08:42 PM
On The Tree

Two parameters MUST be met for the upshift---MPH and RPM. Since it is set to shift at 6200 RPM @wot, Try increasing the wot MPH a bit.

Jeff
Old 01-03-2012, 08:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 192 Likes on 150 Posts

I have my "Full Throttle Shift Speed" upshifts set to zero mph, so the WOT upshifts are controlled only by the "Full Throttle Shift RPM" table.
My "Part Throttle Shift" table is completely stock.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:53 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NLalexx
Something in the tranny some tell me its the Stall other that it may be a sensor like the Tps or Crank position sensor>? any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.. and sorry for the long thread.
It's not the converter unless you are tripping a misfire code.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for you alls response.. hmm i guess i should tell that to my tunner.. but i aint sure if its the tune because hes a great tunner and has tuned a lot of trucks down here.. even really fast trucks.. i thought it would be more of a mechanical or electrical problem... but ill ask him..
Old 01-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
It's not the converter unless you are tripping a misfire code.
yhea some tell me its really hard for a converter to get skrewed.. i have a TB stall... when i bought the truck i was told the tranny was built but aint sure with who... or if its just a shift kit and a servo.. lol.. yhea and i dont get no codes which make this worse... i dont know how a machanic can find out whats wrong... if it only does it past 5800 rpm 1-2.. no more no less o and 3-4 i belive is set at 6000rpm after that because it will not shift past that..
Old 01-04-2012, 06:08 AM
On The Tree

Maybe it depends on the PCM and Operating system. The following "Quote" is from Joecar who is a moderator on the EFILive website.

"When TPS goes above D1206 (and continues to stay above D1207) the PCM uses the WOT tables for shifting:

For a WOT upshift to be commanded, the PCM must see both the WOT Upshift MPH (D0910, 15, 20) and the WOT Upshift RPM (D0940, 45, 50) being met...

Typically you set one of those lower (so it is met) and then fine tune the other to get the desired actual WOT shift point.

For the WOT Upshift MPH (D0910, 15, 20) to be successfully met, the corresponding WOT Downshift MPH (D0925, 30, 35) must have a lower value than the WOT Upshift MPH (can you see why)...

so if you lower the WOT Upshift MPH value you then have to make sure the corresponding WOT Downshift MPH is below this value (I like 5-10 MPH lower).

Of course you have to make sure the RPM resulting from the WOT MPH and WOT RPM shift points are not going to run into the rev limiters."
Old 01-16-2012, 11:47 PM
Staging Lane

Well still have the problem guys.. do you think my Tb stall has something to do with Not shiting past 5800... is kinda sounds like its hittin the REV limiter but its set at 6200rpm... could it just be that my computer wont go that far ... i have a gmc 2000... originally was a 4.8 and converted to a 5.3 thats how i bought it.. could it be the ignition? like sparkplugs? i really belive its nothing like that.. because it only does it at 5800rpm.. add 50rpm more and still does it put it a 6500 and still does it... and 2-3 is at 6000rpm wont go past that... And if its my tune how do i tell my Tuner? i just tell him to double check his work lol?