Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

I think my tranny is gone.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 12:44 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I think my tranny is gone.

I got my wait4me tune last week, When I installed it, I could feel the difference in the power immidiatly. One problem though, when it goes to change gears the tranny seems like it slips. If i let off it will go into gear but if I punch it it keeps slipping. I had him remove 75% TM, do you think this is the problem. I have about 42,000 on the truck with a trans go installed about 2500 ago. I removed the tune for the time being to figure out what was the problem, I'd apreciate your help.
Robert-
Old 03-19-2006, 04:29 PM
TECH Addict

I heard a few guys saying their trans felt like it was slipping after intalling a tune from wait4me. After they put back in their stock tune, the problem went away.
If you still have your old PCM, put that back in and see if it goes away. If not, better start calling Jesse back up.

With that little mileage you should not be slipping already, unless you've been using your truck strictly at the 1/4 mile track.
I'm running with 100% TM removed, no shift kit, just a Vette Servo and a bigger engine and have not had a problem yet.
Old 03-19-2006, 06:19 PM
TECH Regular

i put my stock pcm back in and the problem went away. I have a vette servo and the shift kit. What could be the problem? The reason I got the tune was because I put in a 350 out of a 02 vette and I knew it had more power than what I was getting. I talked to jesse and he said that on his tunes he doesnt remove any T/M. He said to send it back and hed put back the T/M back in. Is this a programing issue or is it my tranny. thanks for the help,
Robert-
Old 03-19-2006, 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

Well if the problem went away when you put the stock PCM back in, then I'd say its a problem with the tune.

Hows the fluid look?
Old 03-19-2006, 10:24 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds about right. thanks
Old 03-21-2006, 06:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Jesse at Wait4Me has done this exact same thing (slipping in and out of gear) to a handfull of people on here. Me for instance had the same problem put my stocker back in and it worked. Now I put in my 4L80 and had him tune it and it is doing the same thing again. Try just sending it back tellling him its not right and he may be able to fix it. But just to warn you he is going to say check all the fuses and plugs first.
I
dont want to bash the guy but you get what you pay for!
Old 03-21-2006, 08:31 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

had the same problem with wait4me... Jerry(cablebandit) and I were talking about it and we figured out what he must have been doing wrong but i forget exactly what aspect of the tune it was we were talking about. i'll mention it to him again and see what he says. But i think it was a shift timing issue.
Old 03-21-2006, 08:32 PM
TECH Regular

How many times have I heard that in the past. lol. well Ill just keep sending it back. I wonder if Im gonna spend more on shipping then I paid for the tune.
Old 03-21-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tell him you refuse to pay for shipping... he never made me pay the times i sent it back bc it was a problem with HIS tune.. tell him you put the stock tune back in and the problem went away. Jesse is a real flexiable guy.. i think he'll understand if he did something wrong and i think he wouldnt charge for shipping if the fault is in his hands, you know?
Old 03-21-2006, 10:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

his tunes seem great for basically stock internal motors.... but as with any mail order tuner it's best if you can have your own tuning program to log data and give him feedback with. I've looked at some of his tune helping a friend and I'm not crazy about his TCC settings, maybe he's just trying to be too aggressive??? I don't know, but in the long run the "perfect tune" is personal preference, just give him accurate feedback about things like tranny temp at what particular shift point, etc that you don't like, there's alot of variables, the more specific you are the better he can help you. (I'm not endorsing the man or putting him down, I'm just acknowledging the difficulty in pleasing a wide variety of customer tastes)