New Members Come in and introduce yourself.

new guy from ohio

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2015, 01:12 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post new guy from ohio

hey all. long time lurker first thread. I've had this 99 silverado z71 for about three years now. and I'll say its honestly been a great truck. with just shy of 300,000 miles on it alot of its still factory.

it needed the catalytic converters cutoff because they were all clogged and the truck wouldn't even want to run, i find it funny my truck is straight piped and i don't have any codes lol

recently though i did have some trouble with it. i had to replace all the brake lines due to rot. i bought the stainless dorman line kit on rockauto for $65 installation was pretty easy i really didn't have any of the problems people talk about. and i didn't have to jack up the cab or anything. however i did now need new front calipers and hoses because well my hoses were original and so were my calipers and my bleeder screws were completely gone.

got my new calipers on and vacuum bled the brakes and everything was great for almost a week, then one day backing out of my spot at work i hear grinding. look at my elft front wheel and the caliper is rubbing the inside of the rim. come to find out my top caliper bracket bolt is gone. not loose. not broken off just gone. thankfully advance auto parts sells the bolts in a two pack so for 8.99 i was fixed and now i have an extra (red loctite is your friend)

alright we're all good again. or so i thought driving to work my temp gauge went nuts and then the truck shutoff, it started again and this happened maybe four times in a matter of five minutes. still no idea how the temp sensor alone can shutdown the whole truck. i just unplugged it and I'll get a new one in soon. i already have it i've just yet to swap it.

i also need a new hood (looking for a black 2500 hood if anyone has one let me know) because mine is all screwed up. i put two new headlights in it and had to re align them and now i can actually see at night.

here is a quick pic of my ugly truckling. looking to swap to a cluster with a trans temp gauge and a 120mph speedo too just having trouble finding one.

Name:  unnamed_zpska56hcay.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  151.2 KB