Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Help Needed: Another blower motor thread.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 08:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Needed: Another blower motor thread.

Hey guys I've been stalking the forums for a couple weeks and now I've got a problem so I decided to finally make a thread.

I just picked up my 2004 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L CCSB about a week and a half ago. Yesterday the blower motor just all of a sudden quit blowing while driving dow the road. Completely stopped blowing. Doesnt work on any speeds and it was working on all speeds before it happened. Now I've owned a Silverado before so I know about the resistor and the connector melting issues. So here is what I've done so far.

Replaced the blower motor resistor
Checked the connector, it has already been replaced with the updated harness plug.
Check all fuses both on the dash and under the hood.
Jumped the blower motor directly to the battery. Blows nice and hard still so the motor is good.

The only thing that hasn't been replaced or checked is the climate control module. I searched every salvage yard in Shreveport/Bossier City and out of the 40 or so trucks I searched NONE of them had the climate control module that I needed. So before I spend $100 online on a new climate control module I wanted to ask if anybody else has ever had this happen? If so was it indeed the climate control module or was it something else? I'm pretty sure it is the module as everything else checks out OK I just wanted to ask and see if maybe I'm overlooking something.

Thanks.
Old 07-06-2013, 09:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It does sound like a failed control head.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well just in case anybody is interested. It wasnt the switch after all. On the backside of the climate control module the black plug that goes to the fan speed control switch there is a brown wire. That brown wire goes to the 30 amp fuze on the fuze box inside the cabin. Somehow that brown wire shorted out. So I ran a new wire from the fuze to the switch and everything works good as new.