Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Efi live or hp tuners?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 03:22 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by foff667
huh? efilive never added the transient tables, we had them for the 99-04 operating systems for years then they added their def editor for those experienced tuners that know how to work in hex and knew all of the address information. EFI themselves never actually added the transient tables, they've left it up to their customers to do so and to keep up with and fix any of those tables they've found.

We added transient fueling tables to several of the 2005+ operating systems last year at the request of several of our customers including trever1t and have continually added new tables over the years at our customer requests many of which efilive still to this day does not have.

-Bill
This true hpt had the transient stuff way before efi added them. Efi live has them standard now.
Old 01-31-2011, 03:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info guys. I'll check out the demos on both. Are they both compatible with windows vista?
Old 01-31-2011, 04:02 PM
Resident Retard

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Why dont you ask the guys on here what kind of support they get from HPT when they request access for tables that EFI has had for a long time. The transient tables come to mind, EFI seems to be much more responsive to user request.
I believe what your thinking about was the Efan support issue... Being able to control both pins on the PCM with the software instead of just one pin... Way back 5+ years ago when i was looking at buying efi or hpt, this was the deciding factor, since i wanted todo efan as my first mod, EFI live supported it fully (both pins and AC pressures), HPT did not... That was the only reason i bought efi live...

I belive HPT can control both pins now, i am not sure about the AC pressures...
Old 01-31-2011, 04:37 PM
TECH Regular

Not having to buy credits for a COS EFI is worth it, you just use one license and can tune your truck forever without having to pay extra.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:24 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by blazinblue
Not having to buy credits for a COS EFI is worth it, you just use one license and can tune your truck forever without having to pay extra.
EFI $799 vs HPT $649 and your saying you aren't paying extra? Sounds like thats $150 extra before you've even received anything in the mail.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:35 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
I believe what your thinking about was the Efan support issue... Being able to control both pins on the PCM with the software instead of just one pin... Way back 5+ years ago when i was looking at buying efi or hpt, this was the deciding factor, since i wanted todo efan as my first mod, EFI live supported it fully (both pins and AC pressures), HPT did not... That was the only reason i bought efi live...

I belive HPT can control both pins now, i am not sure about the AC pressures...
We added these back in August of last year why is this even being brought up other than some sort of grudge?
Attached Thumbnails Efi live or hp tuners?-fanturnon.png   Efi live or hp tuners?-fanturnon2.png  
Old 01-31-2011, 05:43 PM
Resident Retard

No grudge. I was merely stating what drove my decision years ago. And i staed i thought it had been fixed. I have also stated that both a pretty equal in functionality and even defended hpt in one occasion in this thread.
Old 01-31-2011, 05:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by BlackGMC
No grudge. I was merely stating what drove my decision years ago. And i staed i thought it had been fixed. I have also stated that both a pretty equal in functionality and even defended hpt in one occasion in this thread.
I thought you were the same person that said EFIlive hands down twice on sunday or something to that effect...seems like you are sending conflicting messages

on one hand you are saying EFIlive hands down and on the other they are pretty equal in functionality.

I'll agree with the pretty equal part and add that ours is less expensive.

-Bill
Old 01-31-2011, 05:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Im sorry, I dont see Hptuners being "less expensive" necessarily

Most people that tune there own vehichle, probably arnt stock and would probably like COS and pehaps even SD, for those of us maxing the MAFs

I do think both obviosly get the job done equally well. With perhaps diff "perks" needed in more rare situations.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by charcold-bowtie
Im sorry, I dont see Hptuners being "less expensive" necessarily

Most people that tune there own vehichle, probably arnt stock and would probably like COS and pehaps even SD, for those of us maxing the MAFs

I do think both obviosly get the job done equally well. With perhaps diff "perks" needed in more rare situations.
We offer custom operating systems as well, actually offered them well before EFI did. With your initial purchase you could do 2 vehicles both setup with custom operating systems without spending a dime over the initial cost of $649 whereas EFI would be $799 for the same. Seems like $649 is less expensive then $799 or is your math somehow different?

-Bill

Quick Reply: Efi live or hp tuners?