Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

90mm TB and X link issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 12:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

Yeah...still having issues with mine throwing a P0220 w/ P2135 but only when the truck warms up. Did the wire tug test...nothing - all the grounds are good. Ordered a new X-link that should be here tomorrow but if that doesn't work I'm befuddled beyond belief. Do TAC modules go bad? Can a faulty MAP sensor cause any or some of this woe?
Old 04-27-2014, 03:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well...I thought I did an adequate tug test on the TB wiring harness but did it again to make sure and hell if the first ground wire next to the yellow one failed. It stretched out about three inches from the plug. Luckily I had a new harness on hand that I'd ordered just in case - cut the old one out and spliced the new one into place. Haven't really driven much since replacing it so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:32 PM
DrX
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by darkirish63
Well...I thought I did an adequate tug test on the TB wiring harness but did it again to make sure and hell if the first ground wire next to the yellow one failed. It stretched out about three inches from the plug. Luckily I had a new harness on hand that I'd ordered just in case - cut the old one out and spliced the new one into place. Haven't really driven much since replacing it so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
Well......I was going to post that your codes sound more like an open circuit is occuring somewhere, but you beat me to it.
Old 04-28-2014, 11:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Same issue today - she starts fine while cold but after it gets up to running temp both the P0220 and P2135 set. Something just doesn't want to work once it gets hot.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Probably nothing but I did find a suspect loose spark plug boot against the firewall & installed the new X-link. Romped on her pretty hard and can't get the codes to come up...hmmmm. Might just be a placebo effect as well but I swear my throttle response is better with the 4.0 version X-link.
Old 04-28-2014, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still looking for a TAC module to borrow, they're pricey, so I'm trying to borrow one from someone before buying a brand new one
Old 04-28-2014, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is there absolutely anything else I could look at that would cause this 1518 code? Being able to erase the code and make everything work fine has me thinking the wiring and grounds are good, which I did check the grounds, they are all tight. I read up and see that the 1518 code is a voltage code and/or the ecm and tac module not turning on at the same time. What could cause the modules to not turn on at the same time? Battery is fully charged also.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Being able to clear the code and have everything work fine, could I still have a bad TAC module? I'm totally out of ideas. I've searched and read up on everything I could find on this issue and i can't find anything wrong with mine. Local guys keep saying I need to sync the peddle with the throttle body, but I know 100% that's not the issue, I've seen several guys on here with identical setups, and not one person has said anything about syncing.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm feeling your pain, Brother. This thing has me going around in freaking circles. I swapped in the new X-Link today and am going to drive the **** out of it tomorrow - I'll post the results. If it throws the same two codes I've been getting like you, I'm going to have to swap out the TAC as the next step in this freaking diagnostic nightmare.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2doorfury
Still looking for a TAC module to borrow, they're pricey, so I'm trying to borrow one from someone before buying a brand new one
There is a guy on Ebay selling a new one for under $100 - not bad.

Fuel Injection Throttle Control Actuator Throttle Actuator Cont Module | eBay

Quick Reply: 90mm TB and X link issue