Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

60# Mototron Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 09:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Not much to report. Scanned about a 30 minute cruise made VE adjustments and here is another 30 minute cruise logged. Touched a little PE and BE. I've filtered out all the low cell counts and decel stuff. I'm pulling out most of the VE I'd put in when I started the tuning. The entire VE is gonna have to be touched again. It's running great so far. I'd love to be able to strap it on a dyno for a day somewhere and at least get the VE closer.
Couple spots of about .4 KR.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:09 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
I am not getting them Hot enough with LT's and no cats. They are hanging around 900mv at idle. Oh well, 3min of run time anyone want to buy some new bosch 02's
Wow. Mine are a bit lazy till it gets rolling but always get them going. I have WB in one side and emulate the NB signal. Seriously considering throwing another WB in the other side. Everything I've read is saying that the WB simulations actually switch better than NB's.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:42 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run Motron 60's.In closed loop with my Cam the truck idle'd perfect at 14.7-1 with cruise being the same.
Been running OLSD for over a year now and it runs the same. Yes,there are tricks.
Also a hint,when I was closed loop I did not touch the VE table at all,it was left stock.

Last edited by XLR8NSS; 06-29-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old 06-26-2008, 12:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah I guess tuning VE in Idle and part throttle (non-PE) areas is pointless for a CL tune. The trims will take care of it if its close. Obviously you have to have it right for PE and BE in an SD scenario.

I'm trying to understand why my once mostly spot on VE is now off. One thing I know is different is my fuel pressure change. I've also added the X-link which opens the TB all the way and possibly ramps it differently so that could have had an effect. Being I've run CLSD (with STFT's only) for the last year or so topped off with the methanol injection... I didn't see the changes.
Old 06-28-2008, 10:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Cooler weather and some time... got to do couple hours of logging and tuning tonight. Got my new sending unit back from Autometer and now the gauge is reading correct. Decided to give logging fuel pressure another shot also. Looks good until you start standing on it then it goes flaky... all over the place in the logs. Rock steady on the gauge. Pisses me off

Anyway basically tuning the VE now. Starting to boost it a bit as you can see and rich up top. Better safe than sorry. Still lots of work to do but getting there.

Bringing back memories.... damn lean tip in that you can't filter out. I also remember looking over at the gauge once in what should have been a lean decel and seeing 12.9. WTF

Old 06-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Ahhh lean and rich decels..................................... I still havent solved this one, however I have a couple ideas I am going to try once I get a chance.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

The decel thing is kind of on a back burner. One of the things to drive me crazy later.

I decided to stand on it today. Two things went wrong. First it did the big throttle pull at the 1-2 shift. I'm now confident that the stockish trans just won't shift at WOT and its hitting the fuel cutoff. Right now shift at 5800 and cut off at 6000. I had the cutoff at 6300 before and it tagged it couple times. Anything I can do to nurse this? Need to get off my *** and get my FLT rebuilt.

After that right before the 2-3 shift it threw a P0103 code (High MAF Frequency) and went into reduced power mode. Note to self always carry the laptop with you until you get things working better.... I don't know what tables and such it uses for Reduced PM but the damn thing will not run. Goes way lean.... ugly. Anyway pulled over and started and restarted the truck couple times and it ran. The SES light still on. I have P0103 to no mill light but SES light. Should I turn off the SES?

Anyway. I'm not having a good time with this. Not that I was thinking I would You guys that do this for a living are nuts!