Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

60# Mototron Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 09:45 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had mine doing real good day before yesterday and now back to square one..voltage. I almost certain have other issues, but nevertheless...yeah people always forget that park and idling is different cells than than drive and idling. Also interesting that you think by changing inj settings you get the ve to fall in line. hahahahahahaha ah the frustration. LOL I hate the heat soak the most. You almost have to make changes, start it back up and let it run for freaking 10 minutes first.
Old 06-22-2008, 04:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
I had mine doing real good day before yesterday and now back to square one..voltage. I almost certain have other issues, but nevertheless...yeah people always forget that park and idling is different cells than than drive and idling. Also interesting that you think by changing inj settings you get the ve to fall in line. hahahahahahaha ah the frustration. LOL I hate the heat soak the most. You almost have to make changes, start it back up and let it run for freaking 10 minutes first.
Yeah the heat soak plays a role I'm seeing. I still have cold start enrichment going on in the tune. I tried it without any of the adders. Don't know about everyone elses but this LQ4 will not idle unless it sees about 12.5 AFR until it warms up a bit. After the 3rd time of it bucking and kicking off the AC belt I said screw that and put the enrichment back in. So before I change anything I let it idle for about 10 minutes to warm up.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

I put in the 4 AGW wire this morning. I didn't see any difference in reported voltage once it warmed up but it did idle better. Before there were these numerous just little shudders. Now it idles like a tractor. This is a good idea in my book. Aside from now we don't have any overload protection on the alternator.

Finally took it on its maiden OL cruise with the 60's. I started just driving up and down the street, logging as I went. It was about 10% lean out of idle. Multiplied the entire VE by 15% to be safe. Then off I went down the highway. Here is a shot after a couple iterations of log and VE adjust. Maybe 40 minutes of cruise time. No filtering in the scan.

All in all uneventful. Going to spend a lot of time going through the log to see where the adjustments need to be made. A quick looks says I still need to work on the SPA table. Notice how generally I am leaner at less than 2.4 msec pulse widths. My SPA table goes to zero at 2.4 msec.

Last edited by KySilverado; 06-22-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:55 PM

I personally think my alt is crappin out. The first time I did the #4 wire it was great, voltage was a nice 13.8 constant, a day later...back to normal CRAP. Trying to land a deal on a 145A alt now.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KySilverado
I put in the 4 AGW wire this morning. I didn't see any difference in reported voltage once it warmed up but it did idle better. Before there were these numerous just little shudders. Now it idles like a tractor. This is a good idea in my book. Aside from now we don't have any overload protection on the alternator.

Finally took it on its maiden OL cruise with the 60's. I started just driving up and down the street, logging as I went. It was about 10% lean out of idle. Multiplied the entire VE by 15% to be safe. Then off I went down the highway. Here is a shot after a couple iterations of log and VE adjust. Maybe 40 minutes of cruise time. No filtering in the scan.

All in all uneventful. Going to spend a lot of time going through the log to see where the adjustments need to be made. A quick looks says I still need to work on the SPA table. Notice how generally I am leaner at less than 2.4 msec pulse widths. My SPA table goes to zero at 2.4 msec.
I know you have HPT, but i cant tell you how instrumental the roadrunner has been in dialing in my VE and "on the fly" idle adjustments. Just a suggestion, cause i know HPT has something similar and it sure as hell beats the heat soak you see when having to consistantly shut down and start back up to program new data. My truck is idling very nice right now.......there is a single little "fraction of a second" studder about every 3 minutes or so but other wise no issues. I am not even attempting to do much tuning when its warm like this, its just to aggrivating to me, but come fall i want to try and tweak a few things.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:24 PM

We can only do so many tables in RealTimeTuning. Can't mess with any inj settings, and none of it is permanent. You eventually need to shut down and flash. If you are only messing with the VE table...it's pretty cool. As far as I know we don't have AutoVE enabled yet either.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We can only do so many tables in RealTimeTuning. Can't mess with any inj settings, and none of it is permanent. You eventually need to shut down and flash. If you are only messing with the VE table...it's pretty cool. As far as I know we don't have AutoVE enabled yet either.

Ohh

Well, when they do become available in HPT......you will love it. I leave the RR in all the time now...makes tuning and updating way easier!
Old 06-22-2008, 07:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i have read that Hp tuners real time versus the RR, that there is NO comparison. I think the hp tuners real time stuff is closer to the equivalent of efilives bidi controls. IMO anyway for what ive seen.....
Old 06-22-2008, 08:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've been staring at the HPT AutoVE check box for dang near 2 years now. I'm wishing I had gone with EFILive. HPT's primary focus lately has been new platforms. No love for the existing customers.

Anywho. I've gone through the scans and making up a couple new tunes with slightly modified SPA tables to see what that does with the AFR below 2.4 msec. The majority fall in the same VE cell.
Old 06-22-2008, 08:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

I personally think my alt is crappin out. The first time I did the #4 wire it was great, voltage was a nice 13.8 constant, a day later...back to normal CRAP. Trying to land a deal on a 145A alt now.
Yep maybe the alternator. I did the 145A shortly after the electric fans.

Quick Reply: 60# Mototron Tuning