THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Well i just completely alienated my own beliefs....

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 06:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts

Yeah i have adjusted it anywhere from base idle being at 500 as high as 850 and doesnt make a difference still throws the code....

Aftermarket, couldnt even imagine what honda would want for that.... seriously thinking the ac compressor is just really more f’d up than i originally though it was.....
Old 07-01-2018, 09:50 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 759 Likes on 628 Posts

Originally Posted by Wolftrk99
Yeah i have adjusted it anywhere from base idle being at 500 as high as 850 and doesnt make a difference still throws the code....

Aftermarket, couldnt even imagine what honda would want for that.... seriously thinking the ac compressor is just really more f’d up than i originally though it was.....
Did you pull the screw and clean the port? They get pretty carboned up.

Its entirely possible the compressor is part of the issue.

From what I remember, the Stupid aftermarket IAC valves have weak motors. Some would work fine for a few months and others wouldn't work much better than a cleaned OEM unit.

I remember we finally just started useing OEM or we won't do it. We wasted to much time with comebacks on bad parts that failed in less than 1 year.
Old 07-01-2018, 10:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

I will acquire a new ac compressor and condensor and go from there.... if i leave the ac off it seems to be fine... but the more i try to run the compressor for that slightly less than hot air that is being put out at this point, it seems the worse it gets
Old 07-06-2018, 12:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

So this has been an interestingly fucked up week......ended up in the hpspital at 2am monday morning after sitting down to watch a movie and feeling like my chesr was trying to explode, so my triple bypass already having had butt went to the er, figured theyd give me **** about smoking and tell me it was an anxiety attack or something and send me home..... Nope i couldnt be that damn lucky, wasnt even in a room or whatever they call it was still in the initial triage area and they sent the vampires in to draw blood and run tests to check my enzyme levels, ekg wasnt bad so they gave me a nitroglycerin tab and i sat there and it didnt do anything.... ended up getting admitted having an echocardiogram done and a heart cath, to find out my ehection fracture(how much blood the heart is actually pumping on each squeeze) was back down to 20% and that one of the reconstructed arteries was blocked again, so i finally got out of the hospital tuesday afternoon around 2pm and my first stop once i came home and changed clothes from the “pajamas” i had basically been in for the better part of 2 days was pick n pull to get an ac compressor and condenser for the honda, lucked out and found a car that the ac system had not been touched on yet, and when i pulled the line off the condenser heard that wonderful little suction noise when the vacuum is released and to boot the compressor is a fairly new reman unit..... got everything in tuesday night with the help of my 12 year old (who said the car had an energon leak from the ac dye.... transformers the last knight reference) went over to my buddy’s house wednesday to borrow his vacuum pump and guages and lo and behold his vacuum pump took a **** sometime between us using it saturday or sunday night and wednesday afternoon.... so i decided to ight to get a can of freon from walmart and shoot it in so i could have some ac going to work tonorrow and apparently in disconnecting the condesor fan harness, broke a wire somewhere because now the fan isnt coming on, so tomorrow at some point i will curt the connector out and temporarily splice the wires together and shoukd have pretty decently cold ac although from what i can tell it is a 23 oz system and the can of freon i had was only 18, so i will just pull it down and actually recharge it at work tomorrow and pay for tge extra 5oz or for that matter i will use the 2 12 oz can i have and top it off once it is in a vacuum..... but driving it at this point it is starting to actually blow somewhat cool air finally.... can only imagine hat will happen once the condensor fan is coming on with the clutch engaging.....