Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Well I now own HP Tuners and got a few ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 08:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well I now own HP Tuners and got a few ?'s

I purchased HPT Pro and I am swapping my 2000 Silverado with wimpy 4.3 to a 6.0 and 4l80e. What am I going to have to get this thing going. In another thread it was mention to do a complete rewrite with 02 os. Where do I get that and how do I go about doing it. Please bare with me I am new to this tuning stuff I'm just trying to not screw to much up but am very anxious to learn. Thanks in advance
Old 04-24-2011, 08:19 PM
9 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hptuners forums has all the info you need.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look in the HP Tuners repository for a stock 6.0 tune, and as mentioned above read read read in the forums.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes i have found out help for hp tuners is scarce, if you ask any questions over there they will tell you to "Search" lol Good luck
Old 04-24-2011, 08:50 PM
Staging Lane

Yea I been reading and I just looked in the repository and found the stock 02 6.0 and 4l80 file. since my truck is an 2000 and my 6.0 was from a 06 and is going to be drive by cable now is the 02 file still the one for me?
Old 04-24-2011, 10:10 PM
Staging Lane

Also I bought a complete intake off of a 99 for the fuel rails and TB, which injectors should I use? The 99 or the ones that came in the 06, are they different and will the 02 tune need to be modified for them?
Old 04-25-2011, 12:22 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah its all there on the pages man.

What your gonna do is pop the stock 6.0L ECM in there. Your gonna read the ECM once its all powered up and than your gonna play. If you take the tune off the repository, its for reference purposes only. It likely wont work on the ECM from your truck....you can copy the tables into your ECM. But don't license that file...you'll waste 2 credits.

You will do trans first. Than your gonna have to do some logging runs and play with your tuning. Its an art really...but with a little practice and reading you will learn.

Read through the stickies...thats the best source of info over on HPT.

A lot of guys over on LS1 are good at this too. I am just learning myself, but I have no trouble helping you if I can.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:22 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Swerve7rpm2000
Yes i have found out help for hp tuners is scarce, if you ask any questions over there they will tell you to "Search" lol Good luck

Umm Hptuners forum is full of people willing to help. Yes if it is some basic stuff that's been covered over and over and over and their is literally hundreds of threads on the subject someone may be asking about then of course people are going to tell you to use the search button.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:04 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Jordan927
Yeah its all there on the pages man.

What your gonna do is pop the stock 6.0L ECM in there. Your gonna read the ECM once its all powered up and than your gonna play. If you take the tune off the repository, its for reference purposes only. It likely wont work on the ECM from your truck....you can copy the tables into your ECM. But don't license that file...you'll waste 2 credits.

You will do trans first. Than your gonna have to do some logging runs and play with your tuning. Its an art really...but with a little practice and reading you will learn.

Read through the stickies...thats the best source of info over on HPT.

A lot of guys over on LS1 are good at this too. I am just learning myself, but I have no trouble helping you if I can.
I cant pop the original 06 ecm in there because my truck is a 2000. I was also wondering about if that would be a waste of credits but, some suggest to do a complete rewrite with the 02 os12212156. There for I believe I would have to licence the file?
Old 04-25-2011, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KLUG'S SS
. Yes if it is some basic stuff that's been covered over and over and over and their is literally hundreds of threads on the subject someone may be asking about then of course people are going to tell you to use the search button.
We do the same thing here.

Quick Reply: Well I now own HP Tuners and got a few ?'s