THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Ghost storys....... Dont be scared :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 05:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trever1t
OK MY 2 cents...

First of all, to say that there is no such thing or to say that you think it's funny that other people do believe something that you don't understand is just a tad close minded. There are and always will be things that are well beyond mere mortal understanding and to think it not possible solidifies your lack of awareness

An ant only "see's" a plane .02" thick, he can not see above and below, for an ant there is only that which he can see that is real. To humans we see 3D, we sense time but does that mean there is nothing else??

I tell you what. Disbelieve all you want, it is your right. I on the other hand will keep an open mind
I love religious debates. They either stay pretty sophisticated and a good debate ensues or they go straight to hell, either way I'm amused.

First of all, how do you know there are things that go beyond mortal understanding? There are scientific hypotheses that have yet to be proven or dis-proven, there are unexplained phenomenon, but that simply means scientific technology hasn't been created to understand them.

I don't think it's close minded at all. I take a very scientific approach to religion. I believe in evolution, survival of the fittest, and natural selection.

I believe that religion is a coping mechanism. It is to help give people hope that they will again see their deceased ancestors after they die.

Christianity wasn't discovered, it was created my normal people. It's essentially no better than a big rumor that spreads through the halls of a high school.

The thing I find the most hilarious is when people get mad when I make statements such as this. Usually they are the ones that just go to church to feel better about themselves, and the ones that don't truly buy into whatever religion they are a part of. When I make my comments that question their beliefs they get angry because they're not sure if there is a heaven and if there isn't then those 52 sundays a year they spent in church for their whole live was a waste.
Old 07-02-2009, 05:46 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Originally Posted by RandomHero
I love religious debates. They either stay pretty sophisticated and a good debate ensues or they go straight to hell, either way I'm amused.

First of all, how do you know there are things that go beyond mortal understanding? There are scientific hypotheses that have yet to be proven or dis-proven, there are unexplained phenomenon, but that simply means scientific technology hasn't been created to understand them.

I don't think it's close minded at all. I take a very scientific approach to religion. I believe in evolution, survival of the fittest, and natural selection.

I believe that religion is a coping mechanism. It is to help give people hope that they will again see their deceased ancestors after they die.

Christianity wasn't discovered, it was created my normal people. It's essentially no better than a big rumor that spreads through the halls of a high school.
Ever have a dream come true Mark? How does Science explain that? Ever been somewhere you've never been before but know exactly where everything is? Maybe science will explain someday, heck maybe science will find that a higher power is manipulating the universe for it's un-explainable wisdom
Old 07-02-2009, 06:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Ever have a dream come true Mark? How does Science explain that? Ever been somewhere you've never been before but know exactly where everything is? Maybe science will explain someday, heck maybe science will find that a higher power is manipulating the universe for it's un-explainable wisdom
Having a dream come true-What kind of dream come true. If it's something you've always wanted or wanted to do, then it could be that your brain subconsciously directs itself to accomplish that dream.
http://www.americanscientist.org/sci...ams-come-true-

Been somewhere you've never seen before-It could very well be a series of coincidences. A coincidence is actually a scientific term if it makes a difference. Religious people also use the term to attempt to explain their religion even though a coincidence means absolutely nothing theoretically.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coincidences

Since you are using those examples I would assume you believe that god controls life? If so then why do churches burn down? Why do little girls die of Cancer? Why do murderers never get caught?

You can keep em coming. I'll try to find a way to debunk each one you throw at me
Old 07-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

*takes a deep breathe*

I tend to agree with Mark.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:04 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a very interesting read to say the least.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by A Low Dime
This is a very interesting read to say the least.
I find it extremely interesting and I never get tired of hearing peoples views. I don't think anyone is an idiot for being religious, but I know that there are many people who are religious because they are scared of the future rather than they want to believe in something amazing.
Old 07-02-2009, 06:28 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Originally Posted by RandomHero
Having a dream come true-What kind of dream come true.

Dream of a series of events in vivid detail, then have that exact series of arbitrary events occur, exactly as dreamed

Since you are using those examples I would assume you believe that god controls life? If so then why do churches burn down? Why do little girls die of Cancer? Why do murderers never get caught?

I do not profess to be any expert in religious sciences, but i do believe in god for personal reasons. I Understand you do not believe and I respect your rights to believe as you wish BUT if you can imagine for a moment that there is a power with infinite wisdom (God) than how can I or anyone of this earth understand his logic?
You can keep em coming. I'll try to find a way to debunk each one you throw at me
Let me ask you Mark, do you not believe there is evil?

Sorry to have hijacked the thread....carry on
Old 07-02-2009, 06:30 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Theres a thread merge tool but not a thread split tool
Old 07-02-2009, 06:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Let me ask you Mark, do you not believe there is evil?

Sorry to have hijacked the thread....carry on
I believe there are people who are generally corrupt or have complete disregard for other people and things. Evil really isn't a word I ever find myself using.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My exoerience still gives me chills....I was still living at my parents and they were out of town..As a habit I always stayed in the back of the house..doors shut and locked in the dark watching TV...I was wierd like that...any way I hop into the shower and clear as day I feel 5 fingers run down my back forcefully..NO ****..it wasnt a pee chill or anything like that...it was unmistakeable...So I pulled open the shower curtain and all the doors are still shut and locked....crazy

Quick Reply: Ghost storys....... Dont be scared :)