THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Ghost storys....... Dont be scared :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 09:46 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Evil is a word with a definition to explain an event that is bad. Religions use Good and Bad to make their points. nothing more.

I agree 100% with Mark but yes, keep an open mind. Some things we don't have the ability to prove but that doesn't mean they aren't there.

I don't believe in "god" per say but I do believe it is possible that other life forms could have played a role in our creation. then MAN passing stories down took the event and rolled it into the plague that it is today.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by viciousknid
Evil is a word with a definition to explain an event that is bad. Religions use Good and Bad to make their points. nothing more.

I agree 100% with Mark but yes, keep an open mind. Some things we don't have the ability to prove but that doesn't mean they aren't there.

I don't believe in "god" per say but I do believe it is possible that other life forms could have played a role in our creation. then MAN passing stories down took the event and rolled it into the plague that it is today.
You would be agnostic then. I consider myself to be agnostic as well.
Old 07-02-2009, 10:11 PM
9 Second Truck Club

I've never seen a ghost but some wiered unexplainable things happened to me as a kid. One day from nowhere everything that was fed to me had live maggots. My mom woujld open a new bottle of coke, pour some in a cup for my brother and another cup for me and maggots would float up on mine only. She would cook us over easy eggs and again maggots would come out of the yoke from mine. This lasted until we moved from the house and reason we moved is cause I was starving cause I couldn't eat there. Also at the same house my mom would find rocks under my bed. She would throw them outside, leave the house and come back to check and the same rocks would be in the same spot. This was tried with my dad watching the house to make sure no one would go in but the same rocks appeared even after they were thrown far away. That's about the only experience I've had that I cannot explain with science.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Piss Pumps for Sale

Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, The True North Strong and Free!

I have to agree with Bill on this one, he makes some very good points. Now having dreams come true I can relate to this, its not like dreaming of going on a road trip across the country and actually doing it a few years later, it could be a very insignificant dream but a very detailed one, but months, perhaps years later this same event happens right down to the smallest detail there the exact same as the dream involving who may have been there, what you were doing, even what you, or other people in your dream was wearing, coinsidence? I think not. As far as "wasting 52 sundays a year in Church" even if you are right about there being no God (which in MY opinion your wrong) I have learned alot of stuff that has made me the person I am today and in my opinion has made me a better person. Also comparing Christanity to a rumour being spread around a school is a terrible comparison. Rumours being spread around school change form so many times after passing from person to person it takes little time for the rumour to completely change. The bible has never changed in anyway from translation to translation, version to version, since any part has been written, science has never been able to prove any part of what has been said in the bible as wrong, but the vice versa has happened many times. You can say what you want to this but Ill stick with my views and my religion, I can respect your views on religion even if they dont reflect my own
Old 07-02-2009, 11:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Chevy Cowboy
Also comparing Christanity to a rumour being spread around a school is a terrible comparison. Rumours being spread around school change form so many times after passing from person to person it takes little time for the rumour to completely change. The bible has never changed in anyway from translation to translation, version to version, since any part has been written, science has never been able to prove any part of what has been said in the bible as wrong, but the vice versa has happened many times. You can say what you want to this but Ill stick with my views and my religion, I can respect your views on religion even if they dont reflect my own
Seriously? It's a known fact that many passages are lost in translation from different versions of the bible. Contrary to what some morons believe(that's not intended for you*no sarcasm*), the bible wasn't written in English. It is a collective bunch of stories written in Hebrew and almost all of them do not translate literally to English or any other language for that matter.

Don't agree with that statement(even though it is fact)? How about all the different religions? When Muslims pray to Allah, you realize they're essentially praying to the same god?

How about Catholics, Baptists, Methodists, etc? All of them are different versions of Christianity that have different translations of the bible. How come some people recognize Jesus as the son of god and others don't? Jesus was Jewish, why aren't we all?
Old 07-02-2009, 11:48 PM
Where's the Beef?

Originally Posted by Chevy Cowboy
I have to agree with Bill on this one, he makes some very good points. Now having dreams come true I can relate to this, its not like dreaming of going on a road trip across the country and actually doing it a few years later, it could be a very insignificant dream but a very detailed one, but months, perhaps years later this same event happens right down to the smallest detail there the exact same as the dream involving who may have been there, what you were doing, even what you, or other people in your dream was wearing, coinsidence? I think not. As far as "wasting 52 sundays a year in Church" even if you are right about there being no God (which in MY opinion your wrong) I have learned alot of stuff that has made me the person I am today and in my opinion has made me a better person. Also comparing Christanity to a rumour being spread around a school is a terrible comparison. Rumours being spread around school change form so many times after passing from person to person it takes little time for the rumour to completely change. The bible has never changed in anyway from translation to translation, version to version, since any part has been written, science has never been able to prove any part of what has been said in the bible as wrong, but the vice versa has happened many times. You can say what you want to this but Ill stick with my views and my religion, I can respect your views on religion even if they dont reflect my own
Why is the NEW testament not the same as the Old testament? Why does one have more information than the other? Why do other countries have different versions of the same over all event?
It gets rewritten and then taught in different churches based on the preachers "Interpretation" of what is being said.
There's a guy on youtube that preaches to children about how god put dinosaur fossils on earth to test our faith. I'm not to thrilled with a prankster god that goes around playing tricks on his followers like it's a college frat party. Things get twisted around and preached to make those people feel comfortable. If you go around preaching a vengeful god that doesn't take **** from anyone are you going to get any followers? no. Your going to change it cuz you don't like that. and that happens a lot.
If there is a GOD he's likely not like whats in the book, Maybe the reason there are so many variations of god is because there is more than one?

I'm not dismissing the idea of god. I'm dismissing the current depiction of god and believe that the entire thing is completely out of context from where it started.

As far as dreams. I've had some serious cases of deja vu as you described. Always a very creapy feeling on how detailed it is. And not on something you are striving for, something completely unexpected.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by viciousknid
Why is the NEW testament not the same as the Old testament? Why does one have more information than the other? Why do other countries have different versions of the same over all event?
It gets rewritten and then taught in different churches based on the preachers "Interpretation" of what is being said.
There's a guy on youtube that preaches to children about how god put dinosaur fossils on earth to test our faith. I'm not to thrilled with a prankster god that goes around playing tricks on his followers like it's a college frat party. Things get twisted around and preached to make those people feel comfortable. If you go around preaching a vengeful god that doesn't take **** from anyone are you going to get any followers? no. Your going to change it cuz you don't like that. and that happens a lot.
If there is a GOD he's likely not like whats in the book, Maybe the reason there are so many variations of god is because there is more than one?

I'm not dismissing the idea of god. I'm dismissing the current depiction of god and believe that the entire thing is completely out of context from where it started.

As far as dreams. I've had some serious cases of deja vu as you described. Always a very creapy feeling on how detailed it is. And not on something you are striving for, something completely unexpected.
I bet God is that really cool guy that always shows up to parties with a guitar, but he never drinks and even though all the girls like him, he never goes home with one because god would never settle for "bar trash."
Old 07-02-2009, 11:59 PM
Where's the Beef?

lol.

I love you guys. This is fun ****.

"I like to picture Jesus in a tuxedo t-shirt because it says I want to be formal, but I'm here to party."
Old 07-03-2009, 12:05 AM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

While I agree with a lot of what is said, and the politics/religion thing is a fine line on here, dont personally attack anyone or get a shitty tone towards someone. Keep it respectful and factual, I enjoy a good debate. This isnt directed towards anyone in this thread I just want it to stay open as long as possible, variety is the spice of life.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:16 AM
Where's the Beef?

Yup. so far everyone in this thread is respectful and talking in theory. Love to see that in a conversation

Quick Reply: Ghost storys....... Dont be scared :)