THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Ghost storys....... Dont be scared :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2009, 01:37 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What?
Originally Posted by PappyDan
when i was 22 i got a job working on a shrimp boat, we got to see something that still freaks me out today.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:42 AM
Tribe Shaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wheatley
What?

it was not little green men or a ufo
Old 07-02-2009, 01:46 AM
Truck Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 07-02-2009, 01:53 AM
Tribe Shaman

about 430 in the morning we got a visit by a 32 gun brig of war under full sail.
it came close enough on the port side where you could reach out and touch it.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:54 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by PappyDan
about 430 in the morning we got a visit by a 32 gun brig of war under full sail.
it came close enough on the port side where you could reach out and touch it.
A what?
Old 07-02-2009, 02:39 AM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I always thought the house I grew up in was haunted. The bedroom I slept in up until my sister took it over always gave me nightmares. I was having a nightmare one night and woke up on the other side of the room on top of all of my toys crying. (I don't sleep walk).
My bro and sis both also had nightmares about that room.
I never could walk down the hallway past it as a kid, I always had to run. Even after the front half of the house was destroyed and we replaced it. (trailer house) I still hated to be near it. I'd have intense nightmares about something trying to suck me into it and as i got older i'd actually kinda taunt back in my dreams some how. But things never really got better until after we got rid of it completely.
I never saw anything visually but the feeling was very strong and eery. Hated that house.
Old 07-02-2009, 08:43 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Old 07-02-2009, 01:13 PM
TECH Junkie

You guys better hope ghosts exist. (that means there's life after death) I've always wanted to see a ghost.

This last few years my grandma had been battleing alzheimers and my aunt lived with her and was her caretaker. After my grandma died this winter, my aunt heard her breathing a few nights after she died in the room next to her. My aunt laid in bed for a few minutes with her eyes open wondering what to do. She heard the breathing for at least 5 minutes or more. She got up out of bed, went into the bedroom and turned the light on (the room my grandma used to sleep in). After she turned the lights on she saw nothing BUT with each draw of breath she heard it get quieter and quieter until it was gone about 10 seconds later. This was comforting to hear assuming my aunt wasn't hallucinating.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:20 PM
I hate my cats

My wife grew up in St. Louis, Saskatchewan, which is famous for the Ghost Train. She took me out to see it on the abandoned railway tracks one night. It looks like a train is coming around the bend between the rows of birch trees, then backs up again. Google it, it's pretty cool. I had some bullshit living in my first house I rented from my grandma. ******* would wake me up at night. Don't know how much I believe in it or not, but some stuff was pretty realistic. A psychic lady once told me it was my grandma's dad, who was executed by the Russians. Weird.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:25 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Originally Posted by RandomHero

I had to listen to all the idiots in the Home Depot break room(my summer job) talk about ghost stories. This isn't directed towards you at all, but I find it hilarious that people believe in ghosts.
Originally Posted by RandomHero
I suppose believing in ghosts is no more silly than believing in Christianity. That will probably upset a few people by saying that though.
Originally Posted by hirdlej
You guys better hope ghosts exist. (that means there's life after death)
OK MY 2 cents...

First of all, to say that there is no such thing or to say that you think it's funny that other people do believe something that you don't understand is just a tad close minded. There are and always will be things that are well beyond mere mortal understanding and to think it not possible solidifies your lack of awareness

An ant only "see's" a plane .02" thick, he can not see above and below, for an ant there is only that which he can see that is real. To humans we see 3D, we sense time but does that mean there is nothing else??

I tell you what. Disbelieve all you want, it is your right. I on the other hand will keep an open mind

Quick Reply: Ghost storys....... Dont be scared :)