THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

Ghost storys....... Dont be scared :)

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2009, 01:01 AM
Tribe Shaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by viciousknid
Yup. so far everyone in this thread is respectful and talking in theory. Love to see that in a conversation

never.
post this on tech and see how it blows up.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:03 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
While I agree with a lot of what is said, and the politics/religion thing is a fine line on here, dont personally attack anyone or get a shitty tone towards someone. Keep it respectful and factual, I enjoy a good debate. This isnt directed towards anyone in this thread I just want it to stay open as long as possible, variety is the spice of life.
Yup. so far everyone in this thread is respectful and talking in theory. Love to see that in a conversation
There are a lot of opinions in here I agree with, just wish I could put it into words like some in here.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:18 AM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PappyDan
never.
post this on tech and see how it blows up.
Yea that's why I like this side better. Those guys are exactly the reason stupid laws are made. They look at things through a funnel and there is no other way.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:22 AM
Blown 427 LSX

WOW wtf did I start hahaha...

Ok here is one for you brainiacs, cause I know the dumb people wont get this...

There is no such thing as right and wrong in the universe, only what IS... we give meaning and value to ****... things happen, we as humans give value to these happenings, based on our feelings.
Landmark 101.
Old 07-03-2009, 02:45 AM
TECH Resident

I can agree with that. Different people have different values towards different things. Some cultures sacrifice animals and see it as a good thing and a blessing, others see it as murder. The ancient Aztec used to sacrifice humans; it had a good value. Modern values would categorize it as murder.

Back in the times of the crusades we murdered in the name of the church, because an area of land had value. 10,000 years ago that exact piece of land wasn't worth a nickle.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:28 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by LMSeven
Back in the times of the crusades we murdered in the name of the church, because an area of land had value. 10,000 years ago that exact piece of land wasn't worth a nickle.
religion has killed more people than you would want to imagine.

i call myself agnostic. i dont beleave in god or the devil, but if someone could prove me wrong i would not ignore it. thats the difference i see with the religious "nutjobs." dont get me wrong, my wife is babtist and i will go with her on easter, and christmas. usually in the back of my mind im rolling my eyes at the preachers and all of the random halaluahs. but i go and do not have a problem with others beleaving what they want...but they seem to have a problem with beleaving what I want. pushy ************* hahahah.

i ask for proof...they point at a book...a book that has been translated/interpreted 100x over. kings changed the bible to be allowed to divorce, and people still follow the altered version. i casually mentioned evolution around my mother n law in a topic not even dealing with religion. immediatly she got defensive and started pointing out **** in her fictional book. **** me!

i beleave in science, and i believe in good ethics. i figure if i live by good ethics (dont murder, rape, steal blah blah) when i die, IF i do show up at the white gates and meet the man, ill be in good standings only because i lived by good ethics.

just re-read my babblings...ins 4:30 am and definately time to go to sleep
Old 07-03-2009, 08:46 AM
Piss Pumps for Sale

Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, The True North Strong and Free!

Originally Posted by RandomHero
Seriously? It's a known fact that many passages are lost in translation from different versions of the bible. Contrary to what some morons believe(that's not intended for you*no sarcasm*), the bible wasn't written in English. It is a collective bunch of stories written in Hebrew and almost all of them do not translate literally to English or any other language for that matter.

Don't agree with that statement(even though it is fact)? How about all the different religions? When Muslims pray to Allah, you realize they're essentially praying to the same god?

How about Catholics, Baptists, Methodists, etc? All of them are different versions of Christianity that have different translations of the bible. How come some people recognize Jesus as the son of god and others don't? Jesus was Jewish, why aren't we all?
I wasnt reffering to the bible saying the exact same thing word for word from one language to another, but none of the points and stories change at all from the bible written in one language to another. And yes I realize the bible was written in hebrew. Also once again yes I realize Allah is God. As far as baptists and the other doniminations are concerned its not a different version of the bible its simply how they interpret it. Im doing my best at argueing my point here but Im honestly terrible at making points. Oh and I dont see the point your trying to make?"Jesus was Jewish why aren't we all?"

Why is the NEW testament not the same as the Old testament? Why does one have more information than the other? Why do other countries have different versions of the same over all event?
It gets rewritten and then taught in different churches based on the preachers "Interpretation" of what is being said.
There's a guy on youtube that preaches to children about how god put dinosaur fossils on earth to test our faith. I'm not to thrilled with a prankster god that goes around playing tricks on his followers like it's a college frat party. Things get twisted around and preached to make those people feel comfortable. If you go around preaching a vengeful god that doesn't take **** from anyone are you going to get any followers? no. Your going to change it cuz you don't like that. and that happens a lot.
If there is a GOD he's likely not like whats in the book, Maybe the reason there are so many variations of god is because there is more than one?

I'm not dismissing the idea of god. I'm dismissing the current depiction of god and believe that the entire thing is completely out of context from where it started.

As far as dreams. I've had some serious cases of deja vu as you described. Always a very creapy feeling on how detailed it is. And not on something you are striving for, something completely unexpected.
Well for starters the Old testament and New Testament are not suppose to be alike, there are completly different, think of the new testament as book 2 in a series, old testament being book 1. Now I do agree with preachers interpreting the bible drastically, thats not making Christanity "wrong" or "proving theres no God" or "proving the bible wrong" its simply one person teaching its meanings wrong, Remember the crazy women on youtube that says God hates marines? or was it gay marines? I dont remember, but thats a wrong interpratation. Also I respect your views that there may be more then one god, heck if I know lol? but I disagree with it being completely out of context. As far as words not existing in one language and existing in another the bible has not changed except in those respects since it was originall written, this has been proven by ancients texts well over 1500 years old directly matching todays bibles.

But dreams and deja vu I completly relate to you, I had alot of creepy and random stuff happen. And yes Im happy that we can all try and support our own points with out this getting into a pissing match!
Old 07-03-2009, 09:36 AM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

The "old testament" is a book detailing the accounts of the Jews, the first popular religion to believe in "one god".
The new testament details the life and tribulations of Jesus Christ, who was born a Jew but by his life and words started the "Christian" religion.

If you were to read the old testament, which by the way is the same book used by the Muslims, Jews and Christians, you will find that at one time in history all the people of the world spoke the same language but due to greed and a desire to become "god like" were cast upon the earth and scattered like the wind.

As far as war? Come on, it is MAN that started war, not the religion. It was motivation of money and power not god's words that made war during the crusades.

Old 07-03-2009, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Chevy Cowboy
science has never been able to prove any part of what has been said in the bible as wrong, but the vice versa has happened many times.
Thats not a correct statement..On the contrary science has been able to explain most of the "miracles' such as the red sea parting, sodom and gammorah (sp?), the plagues, etc.....as for the story never changing the bible is called the "greatest story" ever written...not the greatest book of facts...it was wrote on hearsay and experiences...you know as well as I that stories are never 100% accurate per se...gotta add some suspense or action to keep it entertaining and interesting if you know what I mean.

reeligion is based soley on Faith and nothing else IMO....The bible is left up to interpretation..if it was black and white we wouldnt have all the different religions...we would just go to a church of christians and be known only as christians and not baptists,methodists, catholics,etc..
Old 07-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Blown 427 LSX

BACK ON TOPIC!!!

Quick Reply: Ghost storys....... Dont be scared :)