TOWING & OFFROAD PERFORMANCE Towing |Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |where the pavement ends.

questions about indexed keys on 02 gmc

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 08:17 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questions about indexed keys on 02 gmc

i just put higher indexed keys on my 02 gmc and i also put shock exstensions in and made my swaybar endlinks an inch longer. but my truck is very bouncy goin down the road. i have about 3/8 of an inch of thead left on my tbar key bolts. it did not bounce before the keys.
was it a mistake to lengthen my sway bar endlinks?
i plan on putting my add a leaf in tomorow and cranking the bars up a little more so do i need to just get better shocks for the front?
Old 03-10-2011, 08:30 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

alot of people swear by cranking your tbars and unbolting the sway bar will make it ride good.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by dlt76028
alot of people swear by cranking your tbars and unbolting the sway bar will make it ride good.
well crap lol. i spent a good hour making them longer endlinks for nothing. ill try that tomorow and see how it goes. if that doesnt fix it should i be looking at getting some heavier shocks?
Old 03-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Staging Lane

where did you get the keys and what brand are they? i put keys in an 4x4 s10 blazer i had that were purchased off ebay (knock off brand) and it bounced like crazy. i also had new shocks all around. i lowered the keys a little to where it had some rake front to back and it felt ALOT better but still bounced. i know its not the same vehicle but just something to think about.
Old 03-10-2011, 10:25 PM
traveling mod

Sounds like you were riding on the bump stops to start with...How old are the shocks???
BTW i dont run a sway bar up front on the silvy
Old 03-10-2011, 10:28 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by andrew383
Sounds like you were riding on the bump stops to start with...How old are the shocks???
BTW i dont run a sway bar up front on the silvy
i got the keys off ebay.
do you mean the bumpstops of the shocks?
im guessing its the stock shocks but i dont really know, they are rusty looking and i have 120k on the truck. ill probly ditch the swaybar and see wat it does for the ride. surely its not the keys doin it is it?
Old 03-11-2011, 07:21 AM
Staging Lane

Bump stop om upper control arm. When the truck is at rest, how close is the bottom of the upper control arm to the stop directly underneath it?

If if it is damn close or resting on it, then your suspension has no sag. No sag = no upward travel of the frame/body on the suspension. So you will get banging and a rough *** ride.

Trending Topics

Old 03-11-2011, 12:29 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by tanz45
Bump stop om upper control arm. When the truck is at rest, how close is the bottom of the upper control arm to the stop directly underneath it?

If if it is damn close or resting on it, then your suspension has no sag. No sag = no upward travel of the frame/body on the suspension. So you will get banging and a rough *** ride.
oh haha i didnt know there was un upper one, i thought u only had to worry about bumpstops on a lowered ride. ill go check that out, if i am hitting it can i just cut the rubber down some?
Old 03-11-2011, 04:17 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by kalebm22
oh haha i didnt know there was un upper one, i thought u only had to worry about bumpstops on a lowered ride. ill go check that out, if i am hitting it can i just cut the rubber down some?
its not rubber, its metal, and right under the uca. its called a droop stop, and stops the uca from going down any further. if your really cranked, you might be resting on it, or close.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:55 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by dlt76028
its not rubber, its metal, and right under the uca. its called a droop stop, and stops the uca from going down any further. if your really cranked, you might be resting on it, or close.
ok, i seen what it was when i got under it. i took the 1/8th inch plate off with a cutoff wheel to give a bit more clearance. it rides much much much better now.

Quick Reply: questions about indexed keys on 02 gmc